CANARYKING

Give me a reason to go on Sunday !

16 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

That guy in the pub😂 Twenty past six by that clock we'll have a Muslim PM within ten years"

And forevermore they all said I have 'weirdo's welcome' engraved on my forehead😂 Mind you, there could be something in that...

Jeeez, I'd forgotten about the Northampton game too. Every season the early League Cup rounds were a chance to celebrate my birthday and tick off some of the "the likes of..." (© Binners 2019) teams and grounds. 

This one nearly broke the habit. An early Town goal I remember and I spent the rest of the match envying those who were watching half the pitch for free from the hills around the ground😄

Similar happened at Brentford when more time was spent watching planes glide towards Heathrow and discussing my first ever chicken balti pie...but...I was there and I have the mental scars to prove it! 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

When this happens to away fans here at least they can gaze at our wonderful Cathedral 🙃

Been rare this season. The City's tourist board should do more to ensure Norwich dominate games more!

56 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Jeeez, I'd forgotten about the Northampton game too. Every season the early League Cup rounds were a chance to celebrate my birthday and tick off some of the "the likes of..." (© Binners 2019) teams and grounds. 

This one nearly broke the habit. An early Town goal I remember and I spent the rest of the match envying those who were watching half the pitch for free from the hills around the ground😄

Similar happened at Brentford when more time was spent watching planes glide towards Heathrow and discussing my first ever chicken balti pie...but...I was there and I have the mental scars to prove it! 

Haha - I remember a similar plane watching experience at Stockport a number of years back.  Went on Club Cabbage but arranged to meet a mate I used to play football with for Capital Canaries in The Greyhound pub with some of his Stockport supporting mates.  Excellent pub, lovely crystal clear evening - the planes flying into Ringway were stunning but the game was a dreadful 0-0 bore and I had to face the long haul back home on Cabbage then have an early start for work in the morning.  But it's football, it's City and it involved a pub - what's not to like?!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

0-1 at Northampton with Hendo and Jarv up top…

I was also at that game - I was born in Northampton and my parents are Cobblers season ticket holders. 

An absolutely inept display that left me so embarrassed.

Ironically Hendo ended up playing for them and I bought sponsorship of him for my Dad as a birthday present! (At the time I thought for the cost of sponsorship for the season I should have bought him as a player...although he's gone on to have a decent low level career so fair play to him!)

5 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

When this happens to away fans here at least they can gaze at our wonderful Cathedral 🙃

If they squint hard enough, they can probably see two😄 And a castle. Good old Norfolk value.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

If they squint hard enough, they can probably see two😄 And a castle. Good old Norfolk value.

🎶We've got a cathedral and got one to spare, in our Norwich home💛⚽💚

• Like 1

Give me a reason to go on Sunday?

So you can shout to the touchline Sky cameraman...."Get out of the bl00dy way, you're spoiling my matchday experience!".....

On 04/04/2022 at 20:29, CANARYKING said:

For the first time ever I’m thinking of staying at home, just can’t raise any enthusiasm for it.

You are, I assume, a Norwich fan. That should be enough.

• Like 1