Sign in to follow this  
LinkNR9

Message for the Pink 'Un / EDP editorial staff

Delia seems to have vanished off the face of the earth during these troubled times, but the local Press have not done anything to nail her down and interview her.

Come on - Let''s be Having You!

Why have you not undertaken this simple task and interviewed the Club''s majority shareholder about the current situation at the Club, the most serious for many years?

Let''s have an answer please, plus an interview. Are all of you NCFC lap-dogs at Archant? Scared of Nigel and Delia?

And what would be gained by getting Delia to comment? If she did not tell us that Worthy was going A S A P all hell would let loose on this and other boards. She is already getting enough calls for her to go and let someone else run the club!  So why the h*ll should she talk to the press? You all know she is not going to be able keep both sides of the debate happy.

I have to admit to being puzzled by this myself. I am a fan of Delia, I had to take a lot of stick at work after last seasons outburst (even though I work in Southampton) but could deflect it all by assuring them that it was only because she cared so much and didn''t they all wish they had a chairman (chairperson ??) who was as passionate.

I really thought she would have done some kind of interview lately, is she worried about letting her true feelings slip ???

One last point whilst I am posting, although I am grateful that she and Michael have put lots of their money into the club - so have we, obviously not as much but a reasonable sum relatively speaking. We are shareholders (part owners) and are therefore entitled to know what our largest shareholders honestly think of the current situation.

Mark .Y.

[quote user="Mark .Y."]

I have to admit to being puzzled by this myself. I am a fan of Delia, I had to take a lot of stick at work after last seasons outburst (even though I work in Southampton) but could deflect it all by assuring them that it was only because she cared so much and didn''t they all wish they had a chairman (chairperson ??) who was as passionate.

I really thought she would have done some kind of interview lately, is she worried about letting her true feelings slip ???

One last point whilst I am posting, although I am grateful that she and Michael have put lots of their money into the club - so have we, obviously not as much but a reasonable sum relatively speaking. We are shareholders (part owners) and are therefore entitled to know what our largest shareholders honestly think of the current situation.

Mark .Y.

[/quote]sure, as i said yesterday, surely the current circumstances warrant that the board should canvass the supporters who put the money up for the share issue  in autumn 2004 to gauge their opinion - else if they want to go it alone (as they are entitled to do so as majority shareholders) then morally they should offer to buy these shares off supporters whose opinion and support they were keen to encourage back then.

I am puzzled by her silence too, assumed shes refused to speak to the press!

She''s not doing an interview because she cannot justify why Nogel Witherington hasn''t been sacked.

Sad times at Carra Rud. The Fortress has crumbled.

Butch - No, I haven''t heard back from the web team yet. They may well be trying to find out for us.

City R Us - Chill out! We know that Delia and Michael currently back Worthington in public, so we KNOW that she''s not going to sack him at this point in time. It''s just that she was so high profile last season, I''d love to read what the person with most influence at the Club thinks of the current situation. Others like Roger Munby, Neil Doncaster and - I can hardly bring myself to say his name - SKIPPER have let us know their opinions on a number of issues; Delia''s silence (which could be interpreted by some as ''burying one''s head in the sand'') is only serving to cause speculation and further widening of the gap between sections of the supporters and the Board.     

pinkun editorial staff are doing more than their fair share of stoking of the worthy out fires.

it''s so blatantly obvious which side of the fence they are on. i do

think worthy''s position has become almost untenable but i try not to

read pinkun anymore because i want the media to inform me, not try and

influence me. very disappointed in you guys.

So Link, now that she''s made a statement, will you say that it has made

a difference to that gap between board and supporters? No, thought not!

She/MWJ/Board can''t win, whatever they do or say.

"So Link, now that she''s made a statement, will you say that it has made a difference to that gap between board and supporters? No, thought not! She/MWJ/Board can''t win, whatever they do or say."

Hey, A1 Canary, I see that you''re so clever, you''re answering your own questions! You''re so determined to have a pop at me that you haven''t even given me a chance to reply, making yourself look a bit of a fool in the process. 

You''ve obviously got your own aggressive stance on this, so it''s pointless me answering your (rhetorical) question. I''ll move on to another part of the Board, in order to discuss the matter with others who are a little more articulate and a lot less hysterical.    

Oh dear Link, there is nothing inarticulate or hysterical about my

post, and if you think that''s having a pop, you need to lighten up a

bit. Suggesting i''m inarticulate is more of a "pop" but given the

grammatical standard of much of the content on this board, i wouldn''t

know where to begin if i was to respond to that!

Provocative maybe, in that i took the liberty of having a go at

answering my question for you, but that''s hardly crime of the century

and i wouldn''t do it without being prepared to be told differently. So,

it''s ok, do your worst, i can take it!

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

"So Link, now that she''s made a statement, will you say that it has made a difference to that gap between board and supporters? No, thought not! She/MWJ/Board can''t win, whatever they do or say."

Hey, A1 Canary, I see that you''re so clever, you''re answering your own questions! You''re so determined to have a pop at me that you haven''t even given me a chance to reply, making yourself look a bit of a fool in the process. 

You''ve obviously got your own aggressive stance on this, so it''s pointless me answering your (rhetorical) question. I''ll move on to another part of the Board, in order to discuss the matter with others who are a little more articulate and a lot less hysterical.    

[/quote]I have a question for the web team - when are they going to start withstricting posts which are genuinely abusive? And protect their interests of having a message board that is free of this kind of behaviour?I first started coming on here at least five or six years ago although my post count is low comparatively - I enjoyed discussions with very welcoming people on many matters surrounding our club - never has the language and attitude of posts been so bad.Link - A1 has just returned from an absence and made some well reasoned comments and again one of you guys has lept onto it!This is making me sick. Both you and 1st Wiz are behaving  like the playground bullies that have found that three people may have actually agreed with one thing you have said - now the whole world or a "majority" of it supports you both which gives you the right to abuse other posters on here.