Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

If Delia wants to go.......... let her!.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Tumbleweed"]

Good point sheded. And I think this is partly what chicken is alluding to.

Problem right now is that some people are criticising everything that the club are doing and looking for negatives from every positive. Maybe Delia is staying silent because she is letting the henchmen do the talking so she can preserve her "independence" for the decision to be made.

If she said right now "Nigel is staying" it would put her in a corner and she couldn''t sack him in June. So I take her silence as a need to keep out of the limelight and review things from a distance. In fact its more indicative of a descision soon that Nigel will go.

What I don''t like is people perpetually finding fault with everything. the simple question for me is: "Is Nigel Worthington the right man to be manager of this football club?" I know what my opinion is on that point, but I don''t feel the need to over analyse and look for hidden meanings every time something happens or if Alan Shearer is spotted in McDonalds or wherever. All that does is undermine the team which is the last thing (I assume) we want.

[/quote]

Undermine the team Tumbleweed?. With the last 3 home games netting 9 points, albeit against poor opposition, your theory doesn''t hold much water.

We support the players and the badge, we don''t support the manager, and on a purely personel level, I don''t support the board, never have and never will!.

Chicken: I have avidly read your posts, and you argue a damn good case mate, but IMO its flawed. You come accross as a passionate City supporter, but slightly blinked in the KTF mould. And like me, you are conviced you are right, it is also obvious neither of us will give way here (Just like the board and the protesters) so no doubt we''ll just stumble on till someone caves in.

Trouble is that''s not good for club, but, to stand by and do nothing is even worse, he has to go, and go now.

And if  Smithy goes with him......................so be it!.

[/quote]

On the first of Feb you wrote "I''ll back the board, but not Worthy!". So ''never have'' is just another in an increasingly huge list of examples of you getting it wrong. Why do you bother?

Yeah, I appreciate Delia and hubby Michael for what they''ve contributed to the club since ''Robber Chase'' took his handout and left the scene. Yes, Delia is NCFC and loves the limelight when things are going well.......bit like a politician really.  I just can''t help wondering, what she would be doing if she wasn''t involved with our little club at this moment in time? Running a little cosy bistro in Stowmarket? Or, maybe a proprieter of a roadside container type ''greasy spoon'' cafe on some A11 layby? No, she''s got a catering facility situated at NCFC, that''s fairly popular and has her name brand on it to boot. Nothing wrong with that.........it''s only a sideline after relinquishing her TV progs and halting the churnin'' out of ''how to boil an egg correctly'' books. I re-iterate, I like Delia and, I think she has done an immense amount of good work and publicity for this club.......But, as my dear ''now departed''  Grandad said to me: "Nay lad, thar don''t do owt for nowt!"  Its not just for football that Delia is involved with this club.........after all, she is a successful businesswoman and doesn''t concentrate just solely on the the Canaries - she has other avenues. But, I''d still rather have her here than Rupert Lowe at the Saints any day! ;~)

Yet again your flawed tactics of a personel attack on the ''poster who posted'' comes to the fore Squit.

This topic is about Delia Smith, not me, and yes, she is open to personal  questioning on these boards, it goes with the job!.

You always try to deflect any criticism of Carrow Road staff  by personally attacking the poster who made it. Sadly for you, most posters are now well aware of this, and have you ''sussed out''.

Not once in my memory, can I recall you ever making any constructive comments whatsoever about anything, just your normal ''lets attack the poster'' mantra.

Although I do congratulate you on your choice of a very apt username.

Either put up or..................................................

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Tumbleweed"]

Good point sheded. And I think this is partly what chicken is alluding to.

Problem right now is that some people are criticising everything that the club are doing and looking for negatives from every positive. Maybe Delia is staying silent because she is letting the henchmen do the talking so she can preserve her "independence" for the decision to be made.

If she said right now "Nigel is staying" it would put her in a corner and she couldn''t sack him in June. So I take her silence as a need to keep out of the limelight and review things from a distance. In fact its more indicative of a descision soon that Nigel will go.

What I don''t like is people perpetually finding fault with everything. the simple question for me is: "Is Nigel Worthington the right man to be manager of this football club?" I know what my opinion is on that point, but I don''t feel the need to over analyse and look for hidden meanings every time something happens or if Alan Shearer is spotted in McDonalds or wherever. All that does is undermine the team which is the last thing (I assume) we want.

[/quote]

Undermine the team Tumbleweed?. With the last 3 home games netting 9 points, albeit against poor opposition, your theory doesn''t hold much water.

We support the players and the badge, we don''t support the manager, and on a purely personel level, I don''t support the board, never have and never will!.

Chicken: I have avidly read your posts, and you argue a damn good case mate, but IMO its flawed. You come accross as a passionate City supporter, but slightly blinked in the KTF mould. And like me, you are conviced you are right, it is also obvious neither of us will give way here (Just like the board and the protesters) so no doubt we''ll just stumble on till someone caves in.

Trouble is that''s not good for club, but, to stand by and do nothing is even worse, he has to go, and go now.

And if  Smithy goes with him......................so be it!.

[/quote]But you obviously don''t read my posts! I am not a KTF''er as such.I just don''t feel upset enough yet to want Worthington to go but at the same time if he did I wouldn''t be surprised or particularily upset. Am I sitting on the fence - no, I just think that at the moment the protests are fine, people have the right to freedom of speach and I will never argue against that. But people have to accept the consequences.I like to think about things, look at the alternatives and see what options there are. Somebody asked the other day which teams I saw as being better than us that are above us. I answered all but three were as good as if not better. Ipswich, Cardiff and Watford - this is based on paper ofcourse.Now whilst I agree that some of the signings havent proved their worth yet I also believe that the boo boys who have been around for some time have been louder this season. Etuhu had one game before being booed and abused. Poor old Henderson has been since his first game more or less too. I just sometimes wonder what some people expect.Like I say - if the club as a whole thinks that we need a change of manager then fair enough because this season has not been up to standard, but then at the same time if they decide to give Worthington more time I would also go with it because this season has not been really bad either. I mean you can''t be a bad team and sit in 10 place 6 points off 7th. As someone said before come the end of the season if we sit in 7th will people still see that as a failure.I would see it as a very unconvincing season where I would have expected the team to challenge for on eof those places all of the time and possibly be in with a chance of the auto spots. So yes there are grounds for a change at the moment but it has to be the right one. I don''t want us to return to the six managers in six seasons scenario just because some of the fans have become impatient.And in a way thats all it is - "we want our expectations and we want them now!"

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

There have been a few posts on here from people worried that Delia will ''sod off'' if we carry on with the ''Worthy Out demo''s.

..in my opinion she''s become a major embarressment to the club!.

[/quote]

I thought you had "sodded off" in a "strop", Wizard. But evidently you''re back.

And you clearly don''t appreciate the irony of calling someone else a "major embarrassment".

Would you really want a foreign billionaire to start chucking money at this club? Success bought that way is hollow, usually transient, and not worth a light.

If I won the lottery and started parading up and down your street in a big white stretch limo, would you think any the more of me? Chelsea are nothing more than the Michael Carroll of football clubs.

Cantley:

If it meant having the same success and player potenial as Chelsea, I''d become so hollow you could see right through me mate!.

And too damn right I''d like a Russian billionaire chucking cash about at the club, so would most City fans if they were totally honest. And just think what Worthy could do, and waste, with those kind of millions to spend!.

But then again, I''m a pretty shallow kind of person anyway!.

Yet again your flawed tactics of a personel attack on the ''poster who posted'' comes to the fore Squit.

This topic is about Delia Smith, not me, and yes, she is open to personal  questioning on these boards, it goes with the job!.

You always try to deflect any criticism of Carrow Road staff  by personally attacking the poster who made it. Sadly for you, most posters are now well aware of this, and have you ''sussed out''.

Not once in my memory, can I recall you ever making any constructive comments whatsoever about anything, just your normal ''lets attack the poster'' mantra.

[/quote]

How is pointing out that you are a hypocrite a flawed tactic, the truth is on 1st of Feb you said you backed the board and then earlier in this post you claim that you have never backed the board, the only person who''s been sussed is you.

Starting a sentance with ''Not once in my memory'' is also a bad idea as you''ve clearly demonstrated that you have a very dodgy memory.

[/quote]This just gets better and better and better!"Not once in my memory, can I recall you ever making any constructive

comments whatsoever about anything, just your normal ''lets attack the

poster'' mantra."I''m afraid 1st Wiz that all I can ever remember you commenting on is the shortcomings of the board, the manager and the team. Since long before now - thats why people have little respect for what you have said recently and why you are recieving less now.Like everyone else I believe in freedom of speach but you have to realise that with freedoms come consequences and responsibilities.You seem to always have to be the most extreme person on here. You have hated Worthington from the out and I mean hated. Now that its has become more acceptable to be of a Worthington out opinion you go one step further and say be off with Delia as well if she is upset about it all!What part of the club would you like to remain?

Anyone know of a spare Russian or American billionaire going free?.[^o)]

[/quote] I wouldn''t want a Russian billlionaire at Norwich  - we''ve got a celebrity cook, you''ve just got a Russian crook!!

I wouldn''t be devastated if Delia left Norwich but I don''t want us to be a Hearts or a Chelsea or a Portsmouth. We could do with a chairman and a board that have some bottle and are ruthless enough to ensure the club moves forward though!

Many heartfelt thanks for proving my point Squit, I couldn''t have planned your reply better myself matey!.[:D]

And to anyone else:  Yes, for the damage he''s doing to our club, I do hate Worthy, and I think its a two way thing. And so as there are no missunderstandings here, my feelings for Delia isn''t far behind my feelings for Worthy.

I LOVE THE CLUB, CLUB BADGE, PLAYERS, MOST FELLOW FANS, AND SOME EX MANAGERS AND PLAYERS.

However I detest club ''spin'' and those who hide behind it!.

Many heartfelt thanks for proving my point Squit, I couldn''t have planned your reply better myself matey!.[:D]

And to anyone else:  Yes, for the damage he''s doing to our club, I do hate Worthy, and I think its a two way thing. And so as there are no missunderstandings here, my feelings for Delia isn''t far behind my feelings for Worthy.

I LOVE THE CLUB, CLUB BADGE, PLAYERS, MOST FELLOW FANS, AND SOME EX MANAGERS AND PLAYERS.

However I detest club ''spin'' and those who hide behind it!.

[/quote]

What exactly is your point? If you''re trying to claim this post isn''t about you then you are more deluded than I thought, every post you make on here is about your favourite subject, YOU! Based on your passed posts you''ll probably change your mind and start supporting the manager, the board and everyone else at CR. Thats what hypocrites like you do.

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

This just gets better and better and better!

"Not once in my memory, can I recall you ever making any constructive comments whatsoever about anything, just your normal ''lets attack the poster'' mantra."

I''m afraid 1st Wiz that all I can ever remember you commenting on is the shortcomings of the board, the manager and the team. Since long before now - thats why people have little respect for what you have said recently and why you are recieving less now.

Like everyone else I believe in freedom of speach but you have to realise that with freedoms come consequences and responsibilities.

You seem to always have to be the most extreme person on here. You have hated Worthington from the out and I mean hated. Now that its has become more acceptable to be of a Worthington out opinion you go one step further and say be off with Delia as well if she is upset about it all!

What part of the club would you like to remain?
[/quote]

Please listen carefully Chicken, I shall say this only once.

1. I care not a jot, if you, or anyone else has/had any respect for me. Athough my private messages and emails prove you so wrong!

2. My Delia stance is not a new one, I''ve always been very wary of her motives.

3. The Club, players and club badge, supporters (unblinkerd) plus a decent manager would be the things I''d like to remain.

Wiz You put more spin on your comments than anything that "might" come out of FCR. Why is it that if a statement from anyone at Carrow road is not what people want to hear then it is classified as spin? It is not spin it is what the Board / PR dept. or players want to say like it or lump it!!

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="chicken"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]This just gets better and better and better!"Not once in my memory, can I recall you ever making any constructive comments whatsoever about anything, just your normal ''lets attack the poster'' mantra."I''m afraid 1st Wiz that all I can ever remember you commenting on is the shortcomings of the board, the manager and the team. Since long before now - thats why people have little respect for what you have said recently and why you are recieving less now.Like everyone else I believe in freedom of speach but you have to realise that with freedoms come consequences and responsibilities.You seem to always have to be the most extreme person on here. You have hated Worthington from the out and I mean hated. Now that its has become more acceptable to be of a Worthington out opinion you go one step further and say be off with Delia as well if she is upset about it all!What part of the club would you like to remain?[/quote]

Please listen carefully Chicken, I shall say this only once.

1. I care not a jot, if you, or anyone else has/had any respect for me. Athough my private messages and emails prove you so wrong!

2. My Delia stance is not a new one, I''ve always been very wary of her motives.

3. The Club, players and club badge, supporters (unblinkerd) plus a decent manager would be the things I''d like to remain.

[/quote]Well from what I can tell from your comments so far the badge is pretty much the only thing you would want to keep!A lot of people in this latest growth of frustration have not dissliked Worthington that long - you have said he was useless even through the success he gave the club. I don''t think that you can call anyone blinkered without undermining your own comments with hypocracy.I think if anyone took your comments seriously we would have a scenario where the club would be left back in those dark days without even a glimpse of light facing administration and financial ruin. Having no respect for Delia or Worthington just goes to show how blinkered you are to see that Delia and co have been the major reason why this club was actually able to play premiership football.Like it or not Wiz - your views are very much a minority perhaps even a singularity. Even the Worthy outers don''t agree with you anymore. And as people try to carry this protest reasonably you will find that many like they have here will speak out against extreme views that have simply no place in reality. I don''t say this with any ease but I simply can not believe that you are saying these things for anything more than attention because they are unreasonable.

Chicken:

So now I''m unreasonable to want fast, slick, passing footy am I?. Because wanting Worthy Out and Delia sodding off are tied up in with that.

Delia supports Worthy, who in turn won''t resign, so ergo!.

"Even the Worrthy Outers don''t agree with me no more", really, are you sure Chicken?, you are so wrong it ain''t true mate.

On this site and other sites many posters agree with me. Private messages and emails encourage me to go even further with my stance.

No, what you should have said is that the KTFers on here don''t agree with me, and that''s a complement!.

Plus. at the end of the day, do really think I''m bothered what you or anyone else thinks of me?.

As long as its kept polite (and you have) you can assume what you will about me.

Meanwhile City struggle, address your concerns to that and not me!.

PS. We WERE in the premiship, we NEVER PLAYED premiership football...........thats the issue!.

"you are so wrong it ain''t true mate." This from the man who seems to be taking gettng it wrong to new levels, you''re just an old confused hypocrite, you back the board then claim you never have, you claimed we wouldn''t sign anyone in the transfer window and we did and then you failed to keep your self imposed exile, whats next?

Chicken:

So now I''m unreasonable to want fast, slick, passing footy am I?. Because wanting Worthy Out and Delia sodding off are tied up in with that.

"Even the Worrthy Outers don''t agree with me no more", really, are you sure Chicken?, you are so wrong it ain''t true mate.

On this site and other sites many posters agree with me. Private messages and emails encourage me to go even further with my stance.

No, what you should have said is that the KTFers on here don''t agree with me, and that''s a complement!.

Plus. at the end of the day, do really think I''m bothered what you or anyone else thinks of me?.

As long as its kept polite (and you have) you can assume what you will about me.

PS. We WERE in the premiship, we NEVER PLAYED premiership football...........thats the issue!.

[/quote]

wiz no you are not bothered about what you say about the club you care about,and if your not happy with the posters on this web sitre then go.

how can you compete in the premiership if you havent the money .

i feel fans like you a killing the club and this web site keep away.

worthy in worthy in

[quote user="A load of squit"]

"you are so wrong it ain''t true mate." This from the man who seems to be taking gettng it wrong to new levels, you''re just an old confused hypocrite, you back the board then claim you never have, you claimed we wouldn''t sign anyone in the transfer window and we did and then you failed to keep your self imposed exile, whats next?

[/quote]

Yet again (3 times now!) you try/want to keep this thread personel.

Tough, I''m not playing your games.

Either answer my topics points (Delia) or go away, this is my last conservation with you Squit.

King: No, I think I''ll hang around.

not playing games or making it personel what about when you called delia a cow wiz that is personel considering the money she has put into the club.i feel you have made the upmost to cause trouble and problems on this board for the last 3 or 4 months i tink its time to stop dont you.and you seem to enjoy upseting people who seem to love this club more then you.

worthy in worthy in

When I moan about getting personel King, I''m referring to poster on poster, not poster on club official see, easy to understand isn''t it?.

1st. Wizard.

You reject personal insults while provoking others by insulting respected individuals such as Delia Smith. It is the height of cowardice.

Imagine if someone was insulting a friend or relative of yours and telling you to reply in polite and respectful language.

There''s a double standard here: if you want respect, give respect. If you can''t, then accept the same treatment without complaint.

Your response to being put on the spot to post against City in a good run of results and your whinging to the moderators at a bit of taunting by 2nd Wizard prove just how thin skinned you are. If you can''t stand the heat then shut the oven door.

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

1st. Wizard.

You reject personal insults while provoking others by insulting respected individuals such as Delia Smith. It is the height of cowardice.

Imagine if someone was insulting a friend or relative of yours and telling you to reply in polite and respectful language.

There''s a double standard here: if you want respect, give respect. If you can''t, then accept the same treatment without complaint.

Your response to being put on the spot to post against City in a good run of results and your whinging to the moderators at a bit of taunting by 2nd Wizard prove just how thin skinned you are. If you can''t stand the heat then shut the oven door.

[/quote]

Is that before or after I impersonate a legend Rudolf?.[;)]

!st Wizard wrote

Is that before or after I impersonate a legend Rudolf?.[;)]

Call yourself a legend if you like, as for the question of timing....your own common sense should tell you when enough is enough.

Chicken:

[/quote]

Here are my questions for you 1st Wiz:

How would you describe the clubs current position? For example Derby are really struggling and on a scale of 1-10 (1 being poor 10 being good) comparatively how do you think we are doing?

Do you think that ALL of the problems are cause by Worthington alone or do you think it is the backroom staff, players, or club set up as a whole?

Finally when was the last time you considered us to play attractive football?

I see this as your chance to start a well reasoned debate - I have asked some simple questions that would not take a lot of time to answer but may take a little thought. If this debate is to go on it should be done correctly and as a trained designer - asking questions is always preferable to accusations and insults. I fully expect that you have questions for me to which is fine

The only other thing I would ask is to keep an open mind. A mind dead set on something can miss detail, can be oblivious to new information and can be left behind with change.

No one''s perfect. Respect is earnt, not deserved. Delia may not have all the answers, and I personally disagree with her support for Nigel, however she has EARNT our respect. You, 1st Wizard, may wish for her to leave, and you have every right to express that view, but given the divine intervention surrounding your birth, I would have expected your views to be expressed with respect.

By the way, did God also give you the right to use extra punctuation when lesser mortals must choose either the full stop or the exclamation/question mark?

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

Chicken:

[/quote]

Here are my questions for you 1st Wiz:

How would you describe the clubs current position? For example Derby are really struggling and on a scale of 1-10 (1 being poor 10 being good) comparatively how do you think we are doing?

Do you think that ALL of the problems are cause by Worthington alone or do you think it is the backroom staff, players, or club set up as a whole?

Finally when was the last time you considered us to play attractive football?

I see this as your chance to start a well reasoned debate - I have asked some simple questions that would not take a lot of time to answer but may take a little thought. If this debate is to go on it should be done correctly and as a trained designer - asking questions is always preferable to accusations and insults. I fully expect that you have questions for me to which is fine

The only other thing I would ask is to keep an open mind. A mind dead set on something can miss detail, can be oblivious to new information and can be left behind with change.

[/quote]

Derby is a poor example - they had been in the prem for a few years and had huge debts on relegation, they then had to sell most of their squad.

The ything is chicken we HAVE THE PLAYERS WHO CAN PLAY ATTRACTIVE FOOTBALL NOW!!  BARRING MAYBE Hughes & Etuhu whom we could/should have brought Koumas?idiakiz instead with those funds