Sign in to follow this  
glory.win or die.

Beating Eveton will relegate us...

Yes, i though it  was time to bring back that old favourite debate.. tongue in cheek ofcourse.

But I would like to think the opposite is true  and beating Everton has made Webber see that adding another player, pacy goalscoring wide player/cdm or both could really make a difference.

I'm not sure he really believed it is possible and bringing in new players was just wasting money, but, just 1 player could be the difference. Why not use the money we will get from season tickets nenewal now, knowing that income is guaranteed.

We can do this, we really can,IF we can add to the squad and build on yesterday  and not expect them to repeat it every game which with no additions, is unlikely.

Hopefully we can add some quality. But after seeing Idah yesterday coupled with his performance at West Ham it crossed my mind that if that had been a striker we'd signed in this window fans would have been "over the moon".

We won't sign a player like Idah unless it's on loan to develope for other clubs. So let's hope the improvement continues.

• Like 1

I’d hope it gives him/the board some belief we are still in this and it’s worth a small gamble to keep us up.

One (or two, I’ll keep dreaming) quality addition may be enough to make the difference.

If we somehow manage to beat Watford we suddenly blow the door wide open on potential survival and not backing it at that point with reinforcements seems a mistake to me, especially if Cantwell exits.

Well if it does, it might just bring Everton down with us, now how funny would that be! 👍

I was surprised to learn yesterday that we'd garnered more points than Everton since September. Another three more now!

Edited by nutty nigel
  • Like 1

Can't see us going for another striker now and the area of priority remains a DM I would have thought?

But if we have to sell before we can buy even that looks unlikely though, as none of our players seem to be in demand.

I'm assuming that Newcastle will be able to buy themselves out of the relegation zone. 
I really can't see Everton dropping out of the Prem, so that means 10 points behind Leeds, given are far worse GD.