Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Who would you NOT want to be our new manager?

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Every single person mentioned in this thread I would have in a heartbeat over Frank Lampard.

Again - you fail to offer any reason why you dislike the guy so much!

Wouldn't mind Allardyce, to be honest - although I do think it's possible with him that the footballing world has caught up and passed him by. But anyone saying he's a purely defensive coach needs to get out the videos of the Bolton Wanderers team in the last years of his reign when they were set in the Premiership.

The likes of Giannakopoulos, Anelka, Okocha, Djorkaeff, Campo et al would not have thrived in a purely defensive team. That later Bolton side was a genuinely classy side that frequently put the wind up the big guns at the time, particularly Arsenal, with a balanced blend of silk and steel.

However, he's an arch pragmatist, and will take the cautious route first. Most teams won't give him the time beyond that.

Presumably Webber has already got someone lined up -  if it is Pep then fair enough, let's give him a chance to show what he can do.

If Webber has got anyone other than Pep lined up then he can go **** himself as far as I'm concerned.

Russell Martin or Wilder or any faceless unknown foreign manager.

We need someone who knows their way round the Premier League.