Sign in to follow this  
BigGrantsTash

It’s scary how much we’ve regressed

From last time we were in the prem. We finished rock bottom last time round but looking back at results it’s clear we were more competitive.

I fear for the “project” I really do. The whole premise of it is that with each promotion and relegation we supposedly “learn” and improve the squad

We haven’t. We gone backwards. Considerably.

• Like 2

Wheels have completely fallen off. The board ought to be meeting tonight and having a serious enquiry. Last two campaigns at this level we looked far more up for it. We don’t even have any fight 

A few of my friends are Chelsea fans. One just mentioned on the group chat directed to myself "I honestly didn't know you were this bad'

4 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

Buendia and Skipp dragged us into the Prem... without those two, we wouldn't have gone up last season.

That’s very true

We’ve realistically lost our 2 best players last season. It just always seems to be the case. Since that lambert promotion, events always seem to transpire in such a way that we end up with a weaker squad than the one that got us promoted.

Whether that’s through selling our best players and replacing them with lesser ones or not signing anyone then getting key injuries.

5 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

A few of my friends are Chelsea fans. One just mentioned on the group chat directed to myself "I honestly didn't know you were this bad'

Table doesn’t lie.

It's not just about losing two players. We've abandoned the philosophy and style that we'd spent 4 years embedding in the club. The midfield is an absolute joke.

21 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

Buendia and Skipp dragged us into the Prem... without those two, we wouldn't have gone up last season.

Yep.

We won the league last season because in our team we had by far the best player in the league.

Beyond that we weren't anything special. 

Put Buendia into any other side in the top 6 and they'd have won the league rather than us. I've also said this before, only Taarabt in 2010/11 has bossed that league to the extent that Emi did last season.