Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

There is a solution to our bad start....

Lukaku hasn't netted in half a dozen games - got 0-0 written all over it 😂. 

The hypothesis is sound. If we did beat them then that would be a boost. It doesn't matter that it is at Stamford Bridge as we haven't won anywhere yet. It doesn't matter about Lukaku as we allowed Emmanuel Dennis to score against us.

But to delve deeper into this hypothesis. Apart from a guess, a hunch or a visit to a crystal ball, where does the Norwich side of this belief gain traction?

Yes LDC, I expect us to win against Chelsea. But it isn't an expectation built on anything tangible other than I am a lifelong supporter who wants us to win.

Well, we did beat Man City 3-2 with a squad so threadbare McGovern probably fancied a cameo outfield! Realistically, this is a free hit, but Chelsea are not exactly firing on all cylinders at the moment. Keep it dogged, keep it tight, and it puts more and more pressure on them.

4 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Well, we did beat Man City 3-2 with a squad so threadbare McGovern probably fancied a cameo outfield! Realistically, this is a free hit, but Chelsea are not exactly firing on all cylinders at the moment. Keep it dogged, keep it tight, and it puts more and more pressure on them.

How much longer will that ManC game be relevant?

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

How much longer will that ManC game be relevant?

For as long as football remains a plaything of billionaire oligarchs.

23 hours ago, lake district canary said:

......beat Chelsea. 

It would change the whole outlook of the season, give us a belief that we can get points anywhere and set us up for the next few weeks. When we beat Man City last time, we went to Burnley with a weak team and struggled through injuries.  That is not yhe case now and a win next week would really set us on a good path and give pundits something else to say about us. 

Tough ask, yes, but can it be done?  Yes. absolutely.

I love your positivity, so to allow you to fain financially on the back of your optimism, I bet you £100 Chelsea beat us... I know you can thank me later...

Edited by Kenny Foggo

2 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

For as long as football remains a plaything of billionaire oligarchs.

Ah well, what about the bottom of the league who may have wealthier owners but don't spend it?

20 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Ah well, what about the bottom of the league who may have wealthier owners but don't spend it?

Same applies.

32 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

So you can refer to a game over 2 years ago but not a season 10 years ago as you called me out on when I mentioned our league one season? Hypocrisy is alive and well I see

16 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

I can't be bothered to look at their fixtures but is there any chance they'll field a weakened team because of a Champions League game the following week?

If we go there and park the bus and stink the place out and Chelsea have an off day, we might get a point.

I'd put more money on us going 10 games without a win tbh. 

They’ve got a champions league game on Wednesday night although unfortunately it’s against the weakest side in their group so I guess they will rotate. I always think you have half a chance of a dull 0-0 with these lunchtime kick offs. Atmosphere is often a bit flat. You never know. 

38 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

I love your positivity, so to allow you to fain financially on the back of your optimism, I bet you £100 Chelsea beat us... I know you can thank me later...

I will quite likely have a small bet on that we win. When a team is at it's lowest is when you get good odds on an unlikely victory - but it does happen sometimes.

38 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

So you can refer to a game over 2 years ago but not a season 10 years ago as you called me out on when I mentioned our league one season? Hypocrisy is alive and well I see

So, a fake account and which case was that?