Sign in to follow this  
Hardhouse44

Which players of our current squad would get in to another…

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Brighton have got Trossard as their playmaker though, and they've got Danny Welbeck out left?

I was thinking more starting XI's here really, rather than squad players.

Cantwell isn't getting named ahead of Trossard or Welbeck, and don't think they'd drop Solly March for him as he's a defensive winger, they play with one defensive winger like we used to with Elliott Bennett. 

I think he could take Welbecks place, although obviously very different types of players.

Palace are still giving starts to Ayew out wide- Cantwell is easily better than him.

1 minute ago, king canary said:

I think he could take Welbecks place, although obviously very different types of players.

Palace are still giving starts to Ayew out wide- Cantwell is easily better than him.

Palace, like Watford, like pace and power.

Ayew fits that bill. a powerful 6ft tall winger. 

The Premier League is full of serious athletes, and the lack of them in our squad is why we struggle when we get here. 

Cantwell epitomises that struggle, he's lightweight and you are bonkers if you think he fits the profile of the type of player Palace like to sign. 

1 minute ago, Hardhouse44 said:

So you think that it’s likely 10 of our players would get in to another starting premiership league 11!

Yes. They only have to be better than a single player in around 10 other teams. Not really that hard when you think about it. Southampton, Wolves, Burnley, Watford, Brentford etc etc etc.

Tzolis and Cantwell are better than Canos for example. 

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Palace, like Watford, like pace and power.

Ayew fits that bill. a powerful 6ft tall winger. 

The Premier League is full of serious athletes, and the lack of them in our squad is why we struggle when we get here. 

Cantwell epitomises that struggle, he's lightweight and you are bonkers if you think he fits the profile of the type of player Palace like to sign. 

I think the Palace profile has changed somewhat this season- they aren't looking for Hodgson type players any more.

However I think this all slightly depends on how you interpret the question- for me Hardhouse is asking who is good enough to be a regular starter elsewhere, rather than which exact XI would this player be a fit for. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, chicken said:

Yes. They only have to be better than a single player in around 10 other teams. Not really that hard when you think about it. Southampton, Wolves, Burnley, Watford, Brentford etc etc etc.

Tzolis and Cantwell are better than Canos for example. 

This, for me, is why I'm sitting more and more in the 'Farke out' camp.

Two years ago I don't think a different manager gets a great deal more out of the squad we had. This season though, man for man, this is a squad that should be capable of competing. So I agree I could see 10/11 of our players being good enough to start elsewhere.

So far then pretty much every player in the squad has been mentioned, barring poor old Rupp, yet the general consensus is Farke isn't failing as the squad isn't good enough. God I love this place 😂

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, king canary said:

This, for me, is why I'm sitting more and more in the 'Farke out' camp.

Two years ago I don't think a different manager gets a great deal more out of the squad we had. This season though, man for man, this is a squad that should be capable of competing. So I agree I could see 10/11 of our players being good enough to start elsewhere.

I'm in a similar place right now, but for differing reasons really. I feel two seasons ago we did well with the squad we had and injuries and a lack of experience cost us - not disrespectfully but Aarons, Godfrey and Lewis were all 21 and under and played the majority of the season. Cantwell was a tad older. Anyway, I digress slightly.

If we accept that injuries cost us, as did a lack of experience and other players may not have been quite good enough. You also have to accept that all of the players brought in this season are better and that those younger players are now two seasons more experienced, one of which in the premier league. Those excuses are now gone.

So for me, Farke & Webber cannot put out the same excuses. Webber has given Farke a £50m+ arsenal of weaponry. Bar Placheta who would likely have gone out on loan were it not for illness and Zimmermann, our squad has largely been fit, bar perhaps some short of match fitness still. He has an array of choice. He has tried almost every player so far, bar Sorensen. He has tried 4-3-3 and 3-5-1, poor old 4-2-3-1 seems to have been thrown in the bin.

The bloke sitting behind me yesterday spent most of the game moaning-he thought that Max probably isn’t worth more than £5 million.

He was also moaning about the sun, don’t you get any in Norfolk?

None of our present squad would get into another Premiership team. Buendia cannot even get into the starting 11 at Aston Villa.