Sign in to follow this  
RobNewman'sblisteringpace

Goodbye to the class of 18-19

With Timm Klose exiting, there are now very few of that team from the year that changed everything, the team that surprised everybody to take a group of unknown Germans, free transfers and players from the youth team and make them into a side that surprised everyone, never gave up even into the depths of injury times and gave me and many others one of the best years I've ever had as a Norwich fan.

The classic line up was probably:

Krul

Lewis

Aarons

Zimmermann

Godfrey/Klose

Tettey

Leitner/Trybull

Stiepermann

Hernandez

Buendia

Pukki

subs: 

Vrancic, Rhodes and Cantwell

I'm taking a moment to raise a glass to that team and all they achieved that has made this transfer window and hope possible.  Hopefully Pukki, Aarons, Krul, Zimmermann and Cantwell will be around for a while yet and the others will go on to enjoy the rest of their careers safe in the knowledge they achieved something magnificent that year.

Edited by RobNewman'sblisteringpace
  • Like 9
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, RobNewman'sblisteringpace said:

Was Buendia injured or just not in squad?

I honestly can't remember, I know we had bought him but he just was not in the squad right at the start of the season. Did get his career off to a good start with us though just a few matches later

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

59 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I honestly can't remember, I know we had bought him but he just was not in the squad right at the start of the season. Did get his career off to a good start with us though just a few matches later

It will need reminding to some, Cambridge, as seen on the Tzolis joining up with the national side thread, but Farke handled Buendia exactly as he’s handling Tzolis right now. He refused to rush him into the first 11 because he knows what he’s doing.

Proof right there that we shouldn’t doubt his handling of such prodigal talents, and the timing of their integration into the first 11 👍

• Like 1

I recall that Alex Fergusson was said to have coached about 6 different teams during his tenure. How many is it for Farke would you say, 2 or 3?

15 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

A lineup that would likely still win the championship.

I don't know the Klose/Hanley partnership is a strong centreback pairing but Husband and Marshall as the fullbacks?

58 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

I recall that Alex Fergusson was said to have coached about 6 different teams during his tenure. How many is it for Farke would you say, 2 or 3?

2. Perhaps 2.5. 2017-18 was interesting as we lost a fair number of players before and during the season due to reshaping but also lost a fair number of players the following summer like Maddison. It was a very transitional season so I think had to count as one or the other hence a 0.5.

We are very much into the 2nd full squad he has assembled now. I don't think you can bring in 11 players, 12 if you include Omobamidele who is now considered one of the squad as well having pushed himself into contention towards the end of last season and the summer.

9 hours ago, KiwiScot said:

A lineup that would likely still win the championship.

In 2021? No chance