Sign in to follow this  
Graham Paddons Beard

Sky Bet Advert - have they moved Norwich to Cornwall?

Has anyone seen an advert for Sky Bet ? Jeff Stelling and co telling about special offers .

But 

During the advert , a lady goalkeeper catches a yellow and green flower , and she is wearing a yellow and green tracksuit . She appears to be saying “I hope we avoid the drop” which I assume is meant to be a reference to us . 

However 

The accent used for “I hope we avoid the drop” is , I would hazard a guess somewhere west of Bristol!

Why do all tv folk think they can use some kind of generic rural accent ? Us East Anglian’s don’t all sound like we come from Zummmersett do we? 

Really grates on me how everybody (outside of Norfolk) seems to think the Norfolk accent is like that of somewhere in the south west. Plain lazy.

Edited by Coneys Knee

I wonder what @keelansgrandads accent is like, My Luvver!  

Sorry KGD, only picked on you as youre Cornwall way, and the OP made me think of you! 

Edited by Greavsy

41 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Has anyone seen an advert for Sky Bet ? Jeff Stelling and co telling about special offers .

But 

During the advert , a lady goalkeeper catches a yellow and green flower , and she is wearing a yellow and green tracksuit . She appears to be saying “I hope we avoid the drop” which I assume is meant to be a reference to us . 

However 

The accent used for “I hope we avoid the drop” is , I would hazard a guess somewhere west of Bristol!

Why do all tv folk think they can use some kind of generic rural accent ? Us East Anglian’s don’t all sound like we come from Zummmersett do we? 

Reminds me of a game many years back where Birmingham City fans thought they were being hilariously funny singing: "Ooh Aah, it's Ambrosia" to us (to the tune of Go West). 

12 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I mean it did give me a chuckle. More of an annoyed chuckle, but a chuckle. It's supposed to be funny, don't take it so seriously

I guess it’s funnier than the incest gags we’ll get all year .