Sign in to follow this  
ncfcstar

Euro 2020 Ballot

So apparently UEFA have been running a ballot on all the currently allocated tickets for matches?  I had no idea this was happening, as far as I can see there has been no comms via email etc on this?

Has anyone retained their tickets?  My ticketing account still says my semi final tickets are allocated but I've read on Twitter that the ballot is still ongoing?  What an absolute nightmare.

I believe it depends on which venue tickets are held for - games in Budapest for example will have full capacity while Wembley is likely to be 50% capacity (there is still some uncertainty). 

Here is the explainer;

https://support.tickets-euro2020.uefa.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021016779-How-and-when-will-UEFA-run-the-ballot-due-to-capacity-reduction-

I've retained my tickets for Wembley but gave up my Munich tickets. I was wondering how many people had got refunds - I assumed not that many (why would you really?). Feels like they need to let us know pretty damn soon so we can work out travel plans.

I’ve just had an email saying my tickets have been cancelled/refunded so assume I missed out in the ballot although I’ve not actually been told I missed out in the ballot.

I bet more of the cheap tickets miss out in the ballot than the expensive tickets! 

2 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I believe it depends on which venue tickets are held for - games in Budapest for example will have full capacity while Wembley is likely to be 50% capacity (there is still some uncertainty). 

Here is the explainer;

https://support.tickets-euro2020.uefa.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021016779-How-and-when-will-UEFA-run-the-ballot-due-to-capacity-reduction-

This is what I don't understand.  I knew that they'd be doing something for the group games in the UK as the attendance limits had already been set - although I didn't realise the ballot was going ahead this week. 

I don't get how they are determining who/who does not get a ticket for the semis when there has been no announcement as to how many fans will be allowed to attend as of yet.

Everyone who booked through England Fans follow my team have had a refund from UEFA for all tickets. England Fans have conducted a ballot according to how many caps a fan has and results have been sent to fans.  Unfortunately despite having tickets for three group games I’ve received email saying I wasn’t lucky in the ballot. There will be a second ballot for any returned tickets.  The round of 16 and games thereafter will be balloted on a match by match basis.  That’s what I understand.

My son ( nearly 17 ) and much older step son follow England all over the world. They had tickets allocated originally for every game England played in, upto and including the final. They received an email a few weeks ago saying ‘ all fan based tickets were cancelled. A few days ago they received an email saying my stepson had been allocated 1 group game, but my son would not be allocated any games we believe because he is under 18.

Needless to say they are not happy and are left with the impression that most tickets have been allocated to ‘ corporates ‘ or ‘ UEFA hanger ons’.

UEFA are still selling corporate tickets to all the Wembley games at £1500-£1900 a head. 

9 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Needless to say they are not happy and are left with the impression that most tickets have been allocated to ‘ corporates ‘ or ‘ UEFA hanger ons’.

This should not surprise  anyone. In fact despite the platitudes to the contrary,  fans just aren't that important  to football anymore. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

UEFA are still selling corporate tickets to all the Wembley games at £1500-£1900 a head. 

I had not seen that, and won’t be telling my son as I can’t handle him being in a bad mood for another week.

Of course the best way to protest would be not to go to future games once normality resumes, however as we all know, there will be many willing to take their places, hence why UEFA, FA and clubs dont give a monkies and make far more money from broadcasting rights anyway.

I've had my England/Croatia tickets cancelled - however, don't know if anyone has this issue, but, since tickets were bought two years ago, I have moved house and my card details have changed... UEFA say refunds will go back to the payment card, but are avoiding my question of how to do this given the payment card is now no longer valid?