Sign in to follow this  
TheGunnShow

Something else they've got right...

This run we're on, and especially considering the injury troubles we've had over the last two months, has IMO shown something else that Webber and Farke have got right between them.

Namely letting Leitner, Trybull, and Drmic go. We probably wondered why the hell we let the first two go as previous winners of the Championship (attitude matters with Leitner notwithstanding) and indeed there was justified sympathy for a good team player in Trybull, but it's turned out Rupp was an upgrade all along, as indeed was Skipp on loan. We haven't even had much chance to see Sørensen in his preferred position yet, but if his shows at left-back are anything to go off, he's also looking like a very useful prospect indeed. Although I'd love to see him play the second half of the season in the middle just to get some partnerships developed with the likes of Skipp and particularly Rupp.

We wondered whether McGovern would be up to it, he certainly has been. We wondered if we'd have the depth - and so far despite over a team out, we've generally kept going.

All we need is to keep this going.

• Like 3

Once again I put my hands in the air and admit to being wrong about Ruup.

Honestly can't wait to see him in action again, just look at this beautiful man. Hell, when he retires I have no doubt he's gonna pull a Beckham and move into modeling

ruup.jpg

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Honestly can't wait to see him in action again, just look at this beautiful man. Hell, when he retires I have no doubt he's gonna pull a Beckham and move into modeling

ruup.jpg

Or be a Mario Vrancic stunt double.

3 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Most people trust the manager and the sporting director and the decisions they make, those who don’t maybe need to start doing so. 

There's some that will always think they know better. But that's a general football fan thing.

I still remember that ridiculous Derby loss which was very much an obvious one off - we dominated. The level of criticism was bizarre.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

ruup.jpg

Bit of a man crush developing?

3 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

This run we're on, and especially considering the injury troubles we've had over the last two months, has IMO shown something else that Webber and Farke have got right between them.

We were right to worry though. I had typed a longer response, but scrapped it after I realised the rarely mentioned squad limit must play its part.