Yorkshire  Canary

Carlton Morris on his way ?

Currently on loan at MK Dons and in the last year of his contract. According to the EDP Barnsley  want to sign him for £300000. Given his injury record i cannot see him being given a new contract here so could be a win win for player and club.

We have the option to extend for an extra year, although should imagine we'd only do that in order to get a small fee in the summer.

The club may not want to leave Russell Martin in the sh*t by recalling him to sell in January? 

And that my fellow supporters is further reason to be in love with our Cat. 1 status, and all the benefits it brings, especially when it comes to attracting the right youngsters.

We cannot reasonably be expected to produce a superstar at regular intervals. We can reasonably be expected to produce the occasional first teamer. We will always produce youngsters like Carlton Morris who's sell on funds the club with the odd few hundred thousand here and there, despite eventually not quite making the grade at Carrow Road.

Another aspect of self-funding.

I'd like to provide a list of recent examples, but all I can think of atm is Gunn jnr. and Connor McGrandles.

Edited by BroadstairsR

19 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

We have the option to extend for an extra year, although should imagine we'd only do that in order to get a small fee in the summer.

The club may not want to leave Russell Martin in the sh*t by recalling him to sell in January? 

He turns 25 on Wednesday, can't see any reason for wanting to hang on to him. If MK Dons can't match Barnsley's offer then tough... we can always loan them Omotoye or Dickson-Peters if we want to put them in safe hands for a few months.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

And that my fellow supporters is further reason to be in love with our Cat. 1 status, and all the benefits it brings, especially when it comes to attracting the right youngsters.

We cannot reasonably be expected to produce a superstar at regular intervals. We can reasonably be expected to produce the occasional first teamer. We will always produce youngsters like Carlton Morris who's sell on funds the club with the odd few hundred thousand here and there, despite eventually not quite making the grade at Carrow Road.

Another aspect of self-funding.

I'd like to provide a list of recent examples, but all I can think of atm is Gunn jnr. and Connor McGrandles.

Connor McGrandles an awful example to give.

We bought him from Falkirk - for a fee that was reported in some quarters to be £1.5 million - and ended up giving him away to MK Dons. Can't remember if we even got a fee for him at all from them. 

Yes probably.

Do you know of better then? There have been a few.

Who was the yiungster from Dartford?

Edited by BroadstairsR

1 minute ago, BroadstairsR said:

Yes probably.

Do you know of better then? There have been a few.

Who was the yiungster from Dartford?

Cameron McGeehan? Couple of hundred grand to Luton.

Glenn Middleton, £0 to Rangers but sell on clause inserted.

Declan Rudd £1m to Preston

Think we've mostly just released our academy products though. Tom Adeyemi, Korey Smith, Chris Martin, Harry Toffolo, Ebou Adams all left without a fee.

58 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

He turns 25 on Wednesday, can't see any reason for wanting to hang on to him. If MK Dons can't match Barnsley's offer then tough... we can always loan them Omotoye or Dickson-Peters if we want to put them in safe hands for a few months.

Big target men do seem to peak later in life though.... Ricky Lambert, Grant Holt, Glenn Murray, all making the Prem late in their careers. Steve Morison etc etc. 

Kieffer Moore couldn't get in the Ipswich team at 25,  a good striker now at this level a few year later and playing and scoring for Wales!

Wouldn't surprise me massively to see Carlton Morris end up back in the Championship and doing well. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

If hes doing well at MK , why not bring him in for half a season  , let them have Omotoye instead. The is no guarantee  that Idah or Hugill  will be back fighting fit with no setbacks.  Plus I love to see a centre forward holding the ball up , edge of the box,back to goal and 'setting ' for an on rushing midfielder  to have a strike, old fashioned I know , but a useful  skill .

3 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

If hes doing well at MK , why not bring him in for half a season  , let them have Omotoye instead. The is no guarantee  that Idah or Hugill  will be back fighting fit with no setbacks.  Plus I love to see a centre forward holding the ball up , edge of the box,back to goal and 'setting ' for an on rushing midfielder  to have a strike, old fashioned I know , but a useful  skill .

The problem at the moment is that on-rushing  midfielder has to hit the ball through 11 opposition players crowding their penalty box!

18 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

The problem at the moment is that on-rushing  midfielder has to hit the ball through 11 opposition players crowding their penalty box!

True, but I suppose if hes  holding up the ball ( assuming it's been played in from deep) the oppo might not have had  a chance to get the bus parked.

Just occurred to me..... when other teams  Park The Bus, we've mostly  found a way to Farke the Bus.😇

Edited by wcorkcanary

4 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Big target men do seem to peak later in life though.... Ricky Lambert, Grant Holt, Glenn Murray, all making the Prem late in their careers. Steve Morison etc etc. 

Kieffer Moore couldn't get in the Ipswich team at 25,  a good striker now at this level a few year later and playing and scoring for Wales!

Wouldn't surprise me massively to see Carlton Morris end up back in the Championship and doing well. 

Yep, not beyond the realms of possibility that he could go on to become a decent Championship player. He's not going to get regular football here, though, so time to cash in and wish him all the best.

4 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Yep, not beyond the realms of possibility that he could go on to become a decent Championship player. He's not going to get regular football here, though, so time to cash in and wish him all the best.

Based on what we've seen so far, I'd rate him as better than Hugill. He's got a lovely first touch and a decent footballing brain. 

But if the club don't, then yes we should just sell, hopefully with a sell on clause inserted.... just in case. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten