Sign in to follow this  
Hank shoots Skyler

The ‘penalties’ yesterday

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

I don’t think we have, though - Luton’s pen that effectively finished off our chances last game out was the worst decision I think I can recall over the last season, and PNE’s pen earlier in the season was hugely soft.  They definitely don’t fit us having a run of ‘good luck’ with key decisions, we are probably no better or worse off than anyone else.  

I certainly don’t disagree that we were on the end of some crap var decisions last season though...the supposed ‘proof’ of the decision asking more questions than it answers. 

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

I don’t think we have, though - Luton’s pen that effectively finished off our chances last game out was the worst decision I think I can recall over the last season, and PNE’s pen earlier in the season was hugely soft.  They definitely don’t fit us having a run of ‘good luck’ with key decisions, we are probably no better or worse off than anyone else.  

I certainly don’t disagree that we were on the end of some crap var decisions last season though...the supposed ‘proof’ of the decision asking more questions than it answers. 

Slight difference is if yesterday’s penalty had been given and converted it was game over. Against Luton it looked game over before any contentious decisions. 

Can I just say...I absolutely freaking love this thread.

This is part of what football is all about - contentious debate and different points of view.

VAR can go and **** itself and take the FA with it.

• Like 2

Just now, Drazen Muzinic said:

Can I just say...I absolutely freaking love this thread.

This is part of what football is all about - contentious debate and different points of view.

VAR can go and **** itself and take the FA with it.

Yes mate!

• Like 1

First time I've seen the incidents. They are having a laugh. First one was one of the worst swan dives I've seen and second Vrancic gets the ball.

I think we have to concede we got away with one regarding the first challenge, but the second one was an absolutely world class tackle.

The first one would have been very soft but by the same token, Hanley caused the problem by getting on the wrong side which always then makes any contact look suspicious 

3 hours ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

What was the Liverpool goal decision? 

I was very close to the goal Sane scored. He clearly fouled Zimmerman. It was very clever and he may have scored anyway but I couldn't believe it when it wasn't ruled out by the Scouser doing the VAR.......