Sign in to follow this  
mr footy

A good effort.

Considering we had several young players in the squad and only a few with any PL experience, I feel we did reasonably well. Whenever we get promoted to the top flight I always have strong doubts about our survival, and as soon it was announced that we weren’t going to spend much as we were still paying for “sins in the past of PL transfer trading” I was convinced we would go straight back down. At least now we don’t need to sell players and if we go straight back up next season we will have more money to spend on strengthening the squad. Hopefully the board will manage to keep the majority of our key players for next season to boost our chances of going straight back up 

57 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Where is the ambition in wanting more of other peoples money?

Well the club have done a good example of it in the premier league.

7 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Well the club have done a good example of it in the premier league.

Good example of what?

I just don't see where the ambition is in having more of other people's money.

2 hours ago, Carra Rud said:

A lot of Norwich "supporters" are set to "mug" by default, second best is always good enough.

I've said it before and I'll say it again , no ambition, no investment...  what do you expect with a cook at the helm and a German reserve team coach?

Answer: Nothing, lil ol naarwich, nothing ever changes.

There are plenty of teams out there who have achieved a fraction of what the "cook" and "German reserve team coach" have and would trade with us in a second. Many of them with significantly larger budgets than us too. 

No one is a "mug" for supporting the club, applauding the things they do right - and there's plenty we have done right over the years. I'm yet to meet a single fan happy with this season either. 

It's swings and roundabouts following a club like Norwich City. 

With that, I'm out of here. I'll be back on the forums once the new season starts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

Good example of what?

I just don't see where the ambition is in having more of other people's money.

Isn’t that why the club are doing by concocting a financial mode that relies on parachute payments for the club to survive?

1 minute ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Isn’t that why the club are doing by concocting a financial mode that relies on parachute payments for the club to survive?

I don't think that's true.

I'm pretty sure our club would have survived if we hadn't been promoted last season. We had no parachute payments when we won the league last season.

I still don't see where the ambition is in wanting more of other people's money.

Just now, nutty nigel said:

I don't think that's true.

I'm pretty sure our club would have survived if we hadn't been promoted last season. We had no parachute payments when we won the league last season.

I still don't see where the ambition is in wanting more of other people's money.

We need money to compete and establish ourselves in the Premier League, in order to earn more money and build a squad that compete to win things. A domestic trophy at some point in my lifetime would be nice. No it’s not the romance of the game, but the game has moved on.

14 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

We need money to compete and establish ourselves in the Premier League, in order to earn more money and build a squad that compete to win things. A domestic trophy at some point in my lifetime would be nice. No it’s not the romance of the game, but the game has moved on.

But we only have the money we have. So to aim for the PL is ambitious. Isn't it? Surely that's far more ambitious than just wanting more of other people's money?

Spot on Foggo. Sadly. Tail wagging dog: there is nobody at the club with the passion or the expertise to change the structure that's been put in place.