Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Tim Krul

9 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Krul had a fair number of saves to make, but there wasn’t one that you wouldn’t have expected a competent keeper to pull off.

And he did pull them off, because is competent, which is nice to point out now and again.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

59 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

During the game my son and I were commenting that with the talk of our starlets moving on our best player is Krul and that we hope he stays.

I really want Krul, Zimmermann and Pukki to stay as essential to our spine. Problem is I can't choose a midfielder that fits that group and that's our problem, we need a midfield lynchpin. Would be Tettey if he were a few years younger I guess.

41 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I really want Krul, Zimmermann and Pukki to stay as essential to our spine. Problem is I can't choose a midfielder that fits that group and that's our problem, we need a midfield lynchpin. Would be Tettey if he were a few years younger I guess.

Yep, our number-one priority for the summer has to be a young and dynamic replacement for Tettey. Can't see Thompson figuring, and Trybull's only a squad player. Don't know much about Melvin Sitti, but unless he's highly rated by the coaching team I think that's where we most need to strengthen.

3 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Yep, our number-one priority for the summer has to be a young and dynamic replacement for Tettey. Can't see Thompson figuring, and Trybull's only a squad player. Don't know much about Melvin Sitti, but unless he's highly rated by the coaching team I think that's where we most need to strengthen.

We also need a big centre forward.

Watched the Bristol City and Sheff Wed game earlier, Bristol City were struggling until they changed their play and brought on a big centre forward who won the long balls (albeit to late)

15 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Krul had a fair number of saves to make, but there wasn’t one that you wouldn’t have expected a competent keeper to pull off.

eh ?

Not sure what game you were watching but the double save, and the one he clawed away (River End) were outstanding - more so to get to all three

What Krul has that separates him from many previous City keepers is his quick reflexes that sees him pull off so many saves when he is on the line. and the ball comes from a short distance

To dismiss this ability and the saves yesterday as being on par with a competent keeper' is insult Krul

5 hours ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

We also need a big centre forward.

Watched the Bristol City and Sheff Wed game earlier, Bristol City were struggling until they changed their play and brought on a big centre forward who won the long balls (albeit to late)

Jordan Rhodes a free agent.

23 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Jordan Rhodes a free agent.

Not sure that would be a great option ,Not good enough for a bang average championship side,where's the new iwan let's find him.😁

The guy is immense. Whips the home crowd up, supports, praises and berates his team mates when they need it. Absolute master at s#/+housery. I bet he's doing the captain's team talk too. All on top of being a great shot stopper. He's improved his kicking and decision making this year, I think Fahrmann is responsible for that. Top keeper, 'Timmy, Timmy kruuul'