44 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Chris Brown is first striker on the team sheet in the worst ever Norwich strikers list. 

When you add Dean Coney and John Hartson to the list perhaps Drmic isn’t quite as bad as some think. I don’t remember many complaining after he scored at Spurs

Edited by FenwayFrank

2 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Chris Brown is first striker on the team sheet in the worst ever Norwich strikers list. 

Yes Teemu! Chris Brown never gets the discredit he deserves for his spell with us, and he often gets forgotten about in this discussion. I still maintain that Brown was the worst striker I've ever seen in the yellow and green. 

I have to agree Drmic has been massively disappointing so far.

At the same time, there are plenty of players who've gone through poor spells and then come good, such as Vrancic or Stiepermann, who looked really poor in their first season but were pivotal in our promotion last season.

Also we had a certain loan player by the name of Kane who looked awful with us and hasn't done too badly since leaving us....

You'd hope we would learn not to write-off players based on a handful of appearances.

Different with Duda who as a loan player, we needed to contribute immediately.  Now, we're beyond drinking in the last chance saloon, we're saddled up and leaving town for the Champs.  Only consolation is that the binners won't be there to join us....

3 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

To make best use of Drmic the team needs to adapt its style to suit him.

OK then, the million dollar question.

Exactly what is his style apart from looking completely lost and out of his depth.

He has no speed, he dithers, he's weak & timid, he can't head the ball, he can't shoot, he gets tangled up in knots, and apart from a couple of unmissable tap ins from 2 yards, he can't score.

Now, find me 10 other players in our squad who can adapt to playing with that "style".

He will be no better in the Championship because he'll get clobbered by a whole host of no nonsense centre backs.

Whatever it costs we need to offload asap.

He has no future here and somebody should tell him, sorry mate but on your bike.

9 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

and apart from a couple of unmissable tap ins from 2 yards, he can't score.

So those goals don’t count ? 😂 Gary Lineker had a career of unmissable tap no didn’t he ?

Edited by FenwayFrank

45 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

I have to agree Drmic has been massively disappointing so far.

At the same time, there are plenty of players who've gone through poor spells and then come good, such as Vrancic or Stiepermann, who looked really poor in their first season but were pivotal in our promotion last season.

Also we had a certain loan player by the name of Kane who looked awful with us and hasn't done too badly since leaving us....

You'd hope we would learn not to write-off players based on a handful of appearances.

Different with Duda who as a loan player, we needed to contribute immediately.  Now, we're beyond drinking in the last chance saloon, we're saddled up and leaving town for the Champs.  Only consolation is that the binners won't be there to join us....

This.

Yes, his overall contribution has been poor, I don't think anyone is saying they've been happy with what he's achieved in his time here. So many other players have taken a while to adapt to Farke's system, but once they've clicked they look great.

That may or may not happen with Drmic, but he's currently in the toughest league in the world off the back of a bad hamstring injury and three months of lockdown, and it's very easy to look poor as an individual in a team that's collectively out of its depth.

At the moment he looks pony, but with a full pre-season behind him and Championship defences to pit his wits against, he might yet come good. He's only 27, and despite the injuries he's played for big clubs, including two Champions League campaigns with Leverkusen and Monchengladbach.

"At the moment he looks pony, but with a full pre-season behind him and Championship defences to pit his wits against, he might yet come good."

May be, but if Idah has a good Summer then Drmic might find himself third in line.

2 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

So those goals don’t count ? 😂 Gary Lineker had a career of unmissable tap no didn’t he ?

He's no Gary Lineker though, is he?

How many tap ins had Lineker scored by the time he was 27.

A lot more than Drmic could even dream of.