Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Good Golly Miss Molly

42 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom

Early rock, great memories.

R.I.P.

That's got to be one of the greatest openings to any 50's recording and right up there with Elvis's intro on ' Heartbreak Hotel '

Lived life like a true rock n' roller

RIP

Certainly one of the greats of the 50s rock n roll foundations, him and Buddy Holly likely more of an influence  on the British invasion in the 60s than Elvis was, but all were up there in their own rights, along with a few more like Jerry Lee Lewis.

BBC  call Little Richard the founding father of rock n roll, i would dispute that personally, but its just opinions, Little Richard was certainly  up there with the best. RIP Little Richard.

6 hours ago, ricardo said:

Wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom

Early rock, great memories.

R.I.P.

"Richard was known for his outrageous performance style at the piano – eyes lined with mascara, pompadour hair fixed with potato starch, ferocious eyes transfixing audiences – and infectious whoops, a style echoed by dozens of performers, Prince prominent among them. Richard had been a drag performer and by his own admission was involved in voyeurism, allowing men to have **** in the back seat of his car while he watched. He was arrested at least twice for lewd conduct.

His breakthrough single, Tutti Frutti, was originally about ana lse x– “If it don’t fit, don’t force it / You can grease it, make it easy” – until producer Bumps Blackwell suggested it be cleaned up. The song bequeathed rock’n’roll its greatest expression of joy, whose exact syllables are still debated: “Awopbopaloobop-alopbamboom!”

The original lyrics, in which "Tutti Frutti" referred to a homosexual man, were:

Tutti Frutti, good booty
If it don't fit, don't force it
You can grease it, make it easy[13]

These were replaced with:

Tutti Frutti, aw rooty
Tutti Frutti, aw rooty.

"Aw rooty" was a slang expression meaning "All right". According to Charles Connor, Little Richard's drummer, the original lyrics were:

Tutti Frutti, good booty
If it's tight, it's all right
And if it's greasy, it makes it easy[

Whether the bit about the lyris is true, who knows - but it will be something that sticks wit you next time you hear the song

Edited by Bill

On ‎09‎/‎05‎/‎2020 at 18:57, Essjayess said:

BBC  call Little Richard the founding father of rock n roll, i would dispute that personally, but its just opinions, Little Richard was certainly  up there with the best. RIP Little Richard.

Sad news, but I also dispute that. As John Lennon said, if you tried to give Rock N Roll another name...