Sign in to follow this  
S27

Buendia

How good was he last night. BRILLIANT. Every time Leicester attacked down their left they couldn’t get rid of the ball quick enough when he challenged them. Also the number of chances he creates for players with his passing. Not his fault that they don’t convert the chances. Why he has not been played more is a mystery.

He grew into the game for me. Thought he took a while to get going but was a huge asset particularly in the second half. Definitely needs protection on him though as his high risk football is likely to cause dispossession 

more of that please Emi

7 minutes ago, S27 said:

Why he has not been played more is a mystery.

Because he wasn’t playing like that. Maybe, just maybe we could give Farke some credit for how he’s handled the situation and got the best out of Emi last night. Farke made very strong and lengthy comments about him, made the whole week pretty much about him and Emi seems to thrive off of it, and we’ve now seen the start of a reaction. There was none of the petulance (actually there was one occasion he sulked a bit too long miles from the play), he was hungry, always looking for that trademark through ball and fully earned his recall.

Well played Buendia but well played Farke too

Edited by Fiery Zac
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

Because he wasn’t playing like that. Maybe, just maybe we could give Farke some credit for how he’s handled the situation and got the best out of Emi last night. Farke made very strong and lengthy comments about him, made the whole week pretty much about him and Emi seems to thrive off of it, and we’ve now seen the start of a reaction. There was none of the petulance (actually there was one occasion he sulked a bit too long miles from the play), he was hungry, always looking for that trademark through ball and fully earned his recall.

Well played Buendia but well played Farke too

Nominated for PL player of the month before his injury 

I think Farke has been pretty clever with his handling of Buendia. By dropping him to the bench for a few games and making the comments he did in the media he's set Buendia up to come back in and be the hero, rather than playing him when he's not 100% and risking him becoming the scapegoat for a poor performance. 

I didn't think he had that great a game last night but it's clear he's something of a talisman for us. He gets the crowd going with his chasing and harrying of opposition players and there's always the possibility that he might produce a moment of magic. I'm sure it must have a positive effect on the rest of the team too, knowing that they have someone capable of making things happen.

2 hours ago, JF said:

Nominated for PL player of the month before his injury 

My response was to why he hadn’t been playing more (recently I assume), which is why I quoted it

He wasn’t playing because he was injured, then not fit, then v Liverpool it was probably tactically right not to play him.  That’s why.

Edited by Branston Pickle

Buendia last night in a wonderful study in confirmation bias.

If you thought he should have been starting these last few weeks then him playing so well just shows you were right.

If you thought Farke was right to hold him out as some form of motivational ploy then him playing well showed it worked.