Sign in to follow this  
K Lo

New Car Park Charges - Greater Anglia Railways

5 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Would this be a good time to mention i have a free bus pass as well ? I must say i am gutted about having to pay for a TV licence when i reach 75.

You deserve it, after all, policing is very dangerous and every one of them put their lives on the line so deserve early retirement with a taxpayer subsidised gold-plated pension. 

Let's just not mention electricians, agricultural workers, railway workers, social workers, construction workers, lorry drivers, hell even car mechanics and joiners, who are statistically more likely to die or be injured working than a police officer. 

Not many of them get to enjoy early, well-remunerated retirement and probably also don't enjoy the privilege of being able to shrug their shoulders at £60 being added to their annual expenses. 

12 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Let's just not mention electricians, agricultural workers, railway workers, social workers, construction workers, lorry drivers, hell even car mechanics and joiners, who are statistically more likely to die or be injured working than a police officer. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/04/police-officers-attacked-6000-times-day/

When I was a kid, growing up in the East End, nobody talked to coppers, mainly because they were as bent as the villains. 

So, if you wanted a 'rewarding' career, but didn't want any friends, the Met was ideal.

8 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

You deserve it, after all, policing is very dangerous and every one of them put their lives on the line so deserve early retirement with a taxpayer subsidised gold-plated pension. 

Not many of them get to enjoy early, well-remunerated retirement and probably also don't enjoy the privilege of being able to shrug their shoulders at £60 being added to their annual expenses. 

The BBC could have abolished the free TV licence for those who reach 75 in the future  as they are already paying for one and so wouldn't lose the benefit whilst maintaining free licences for those currently receiving this benefit.  Nature would then end the benefit over time. Mind you I would abolish licence funding of the BBC altogether.

10 hours ago, K Lo said:

The car parks are not supervised.
By your logic, ASDA, Tesco etc. should also charge their customers for using their car parks, which "need to be maintained and supervised etc".
The idea is that you entice people into buying your products and services, not put the price up so that alternatives are even more viable.

Not by my logic at all. With supermarkets you have a choice so free parking is a commercial decision and many car parks have time limits for free parking. With train station car parks there is no choice if you want to use the train but don't want to walk from any alternative cheaper parking options.

25 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I dread to think what they're terming as an "attack" these days. 

Civillian:  Sorry, sir. 

Officer: Sir? Don't assume my gender, that's being filed as an attack. 

Now that's just pc gone mad...

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, K Lo said:

The car parks are not supervised.
By your logic, ASDA, Tesco etc. should also charge their customers for using their car parks, which "need to be maintained and supervised etc".
The idea is that you entice people into buying your products and services, not put the price up so that alternatives are even more viable.

Many do in the south .......... if you stay more than 2 hours then you have to pay. 

Or, if you don’t spend more than £10 in store, you have to pay for your parking. 

3 hours ago, CanaryNath said:

Many do in the south .......... if you stay more than 2 hours then you have to pay. 

Or, if you don’t spend more than £10 in store, you have to pay for your parking. 

Sainsburys Queens Road is a good example.

8 hours ago, Ward 3 said:

You don't get anything for free anymore, so it seems anyway. 

Oh, I don't know, Pukki isn't a bad shout. 😎

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, splendidrush said:

Oh, I don't know, Pukki isn't a bad shout. 😎

That my friend is very true 😂♥️