Jump to content
Note to existing users - password reset is required Read more... ×
Jools

The Brexit Thread

Recommended Posts

On 04/11/2019 at 17:52, PurpleCanary said:

Not sure I can take another five and a bit weeks of what is already shaping up to be the most dispiriting and morally bankrupt election since the war. Which would not matter so much if the stakes were not so high. Often said about elections, but true in this case, with the wrong result being potentially catastrophic for the country.

This is from a Tory, and no, Jools, VW et al, the same could not be said about Corbyn or Swainson, who may sometimes spin and be picky with statistics but do not blatantly lie as Johnson does time after time after time.

 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/nov/18/boris-johnson-lying-media

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Herman said:

Basically the tories are now the brexit party, a one issue party, the party for RWNJs and gammon. They get in and the country of England will be heading down a dark path where empathy, sympathy and decency die, the most un-Christian country we could get.

Vote tactically, GTTO and our best hope is a coalition where another referendum may be the last chance to save the country.👍

Always been a one issue election

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

When is this massive swing to Steptoe’s Labour Party, that we have heard so much about, expected to happen. Just want to know so I check my twitter feed.

Well Johnson did play a blinder today buy saying how he will not cut the rate of Corporation Tax but will instead use the £6Bn that would have cost the country, to match Labour's promise about the NHS.

That smacks of just keeping pace rather than anything else even when the ideas run out, But to be fair to him, it will keep him ahead in the race.

I hate the idea but am accepting that the paper hat will still be PM at the end of this election. How long he remains there is another thing.

 

 

I dont see the same mistakes that May made in 2017 being repeated. The move today steals Steptoe's thunder for tomorrow night. Lets see how they do tomorrow, could be a significant point in the campaign. For my part i would be very happy to see a moderate socialist party up against him being successful, what I could never do is support the shambles that currently have taken over Labour

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BigFish said:

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results

That is what you are proposing @Van wink, continuing with the same plan that has rolled out only 8% of the network, that ranks the UK under Madasgascar, that is uncompetitive. It has failed and you seem to think that if we stick with it, it will all come out alright in the end. And you call me naive 😉

(Btw if you had read and understood what I wrote you would see that I never argued for full fibre)

The roll out is speeding up and as i said, lots more investment was in the pipeline, no doubt some intervention is required but carefully targetted.

Why does broadband need to be free for everyone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Always been a one issue election

I know. That's why I said we needed a people's vote to sort it. A GE ain't going to achieve much at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Van wink said:

I dont see the same mistakes that May made in 2017 being repeated. The move today steals Steptoe's thunder for tomorrow night. Lets see how they do tomorrow, could be a significant point in the campaign. For my part i would be very happy to see a moderate socialist party up against him being successful, what I could never do is support the shambles that currently have taken over Labour

Bloody tories.

Tory party 8 am. "We'll cut CT."

Tory voter. "Brilliant policy."

Tory leader 12 pm. "We won't cut CT"

Tory voter. "Brilliant policy. Will steal labour's thunder."

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Herman said:

I know. That's why I said we needed a people's vote to sort it. A GE ain't going to achieve much at all. 

Well as we said at the begining, all  this is about is whether we get a Conservative overall majority ....Brexit, OR an anti Brexit coalition.

Any ideas that Billy et al had that this could be about anything else was always Billy BS

Edited by Van wink
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Herman said:

I know. That's why I said we needed a people's vote to sort it. A GE ain't going to achieve much at all. 

The GE will be the fifth people's vote in the last four years -- The last four times, the people voted to leave the EU.

And now it looks certain the people are going to vote to leave again.

How many times have people got to vote to leave before it gets through to your thick skull that the majority of people in this country want to get the **** out of the EU?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Herman said:

I know. That's why I said we needed a people's vote to sort it. A GE ain't going to achieve much at all. 

Never going to happen Herman and there will never be a majority for another vote. That bird has flown.

Edited by ricardo
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Herman said:

What are you on about you utter moron?

I posted the following back on page 96 and you're calling me a moron?

 

1 - The Conservatives won the 2010 GE on the promise they would deliver Brexit

2 - Brexit beat Remain in the EU referendum

3 - The Conservatives won the last GE on the promise they would deliver Brexit

4 - The Brexit Party dominated the European elections

5 - Conservatives who are promising to deliver Brexit are looking likely to win again..

 

 

Do you finally get it now, **** ****!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jools said:

I posted the following back on page 96 and you're calling me a moron?

In fairness to Herman, you are an utter moron, so it makes sense that he'd call you one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, canarydan23 said:

In fairness to Herman, you are an utter moron, so it makes sense that he'd call you one. 

In fairness, you're a Far-Lefty, bogtrotter with a colossal chip on your shoulder who is still stuck in his student politic days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Jools said:

The GE will be the fifth people's vote in the last four years -- The last four times, the people voted to leave the EU.

And now it looks certain the people are going to vote to leave again.

How many times have people got to vote to leave before it gets through to your thick skull that the majority of people in this country want to get the **** out of the EU?

They didn’t vote to leave the EU on those four occasions. You’re either an idiot or a liar. Personally I think you’re both. Baaaa baaaa 🐑

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Never going to happen Herman and there will never be a majority for another vote. That bird has flown.

Trouble is that you have been consistently wrong, so I'll wait to see what happens with this crappy election. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Jools said:

I posted the following back on page 96 and you're calling me a moron?

 

1 - The Conservatives won the 2010 GE on the promise they would deliver Brexit

2 - Brexit beat Remain in the EU referendum

3 - The Conservatives won the last GE on the promise they would deliver Brexit

4 - The Brexit Party dominated the European elections

5 - Conservatives who are promising to deliver Brexit are looking likely to win again..

 

 

Do you finally get it now, **** ****!

Stop being potty mouthed. We wouldn’t want to lose you to another ‘break’.

If people voted for tories in 2010 it didn’t mean they wanted Brexit. Unless you’re a mind reader of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Jools said:

In fairness, you're a Far-Lefty, bogtrotter with a colossal chip on your shoulder who is still stuck in his student politic days.

You need to work on your chat up lines. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
1
Just now, Hoola Han Solo said:

Stop being potty mouthed. We wouldn’t want to lose you to another ‘break’.

Yes, of course you would -- You saw to it last time around for something completely innocuous.

It's what weak-minded, naïve and gullible losers do --- Instruct and censore rather than debate and investigate.

You are incapable of comprehending the reality on any given subject, seeing the world and human nature as you would like it to be, not how it actually is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ricardo said:

Never going to happen Herman and there will never be a majority for another vote. That bird has flown.

Not going to be another referendum? There is at last one certainty about Brexit - that if Johnson wins with even a small majority then Brexit will happen by January 31 2020, and if there is another ref it will be years away.

But if we end up with an anti-Tory/anti-Hard Brexit alliance then another ref in 2020 is a distinct possibility. If so I just hope myself and Bagster and all those other hundreds of thousands of expats who were eligible to vote in 2016 will still be able to vote again as we were then.

Edited by PurpleCanary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jools said:

Yes, of course you would -- You saw to it last time around for something completely innocuous.

It's what weak-minded, naïve and gullible losers do --- Instruct and censore rather than debate and investigate.

You are incapable of comprehending the reality on any given subject, seeing the world and human nature as you would like it to be, not how it actually is.

You continually post up lies that are disproven by numerous posters.

Most of your posts contain links from a propaganda site because you’re so dumb you haven’t got a mind of your own.

And, if you weren’t such an easily triggered snowflake you wouldn’t have got banned. I have no problem with your posts, but it was amazingly easily to wind you up and get you banned 🤣🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Jools said:

I posted the following back on page 96 and you're calling me a moron?

 

1 - The Conservatives won the 2010 GE on the promise they would deliver Brexit  ?? They ended up having to form a coalition.

2 - Brexit beat Remain in the EU referendum Agree.

3 - The Conservatives won the last GE on the promise they would deliver Brexit They lost their majority.

4 - The Brexit Party dominated the European elections  Remain parties got more votes.

5 - Conservatives who are promising to deliver Brexit are looking likely to win again.. They've been promising that for a while now and haven't even got past first base.

 

 

Do you finally get it now, **** ****!

I cn't be bothered with your idiocy anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Obviously the byword or phrase is "embrace the future". The one filled with uncertainty. The one that despite a vote to leave was held up because of the ERG and Irish Tories.

Squeak as much as you like RTB and Jools, your lot fcuked it right up. And you haven't got the manners, the decency to admit it.

Three and a half years and now you are saying people are fed up and want something done.

But just like the arrogant, smug attitude that prevails, it was someone else's fault. Corbyn, Delia, Mike Riley, Todd Cantwell, anyone but your elected mates.

Lower than a snake's belly.

A bit of historical revisionism there, KG. As far as I can remember the problem was May's WA was put before Parliament and a majority vote couldn't be reached. And then when all the advisory amendments were placed before the House, a majority vote couldn't be achieved for these either.  It isn't about picking out individuals for blame, there was a collective failure in the House of Commons to reach a consensus.

And that's why we need this General Election, in the hope that the electorate can do what MPs could not do, and that is, come to a collective agreement on the way forward.  It's not guaranteed that an election will return a result that gets Brexit done, but if people vote sensibly we should be able to create a Parliament which can deliver Brexit, one way or another. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Herman said:

I cn't be bothered with your idiocy anymore.

1 - The Conservatives won the 2010 GE on the promise they would deliver Brexit  ?? They ended up having to form a coalition -- And the Lib-Dums jumped on board with Cameron's promise of an EU referendum.

2 - Brexit beat Remain in the EU referendum Agree.

3 - The Conservatives won the last GE on the promise they would deliver Brexit They lost their majority -- To Parties who at that time promised to deliver on the result of the EU referendum.

4 - The Brexit Party dominated the European elections  Remain parties got more votes -- The Brexit Party was the biggest single winner, ffs.

5 - Conservatives who are promising to deliver Brexit are looking likely to win again.. They've been promising that for a while now and haven't even got past first base -- Because of Remainiac obstruction.

 

NEXT !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
 
52 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

You continually post up lies that are disproven by numerous posters.

 

                                                 😀☝️

 

Hoola Han Solo  > 🤥

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the following propaganda and lies, Hoola loop?:

 

HOKI-COKI.png?w=540&ssl=1

 

The chairman of Keith Vaz’s Leicester East Constituency Labour Party, Councillor John Thomas has written to Jennie Formby, the party’s General Secretary, cancelling his membership of the Labour Party after 30 years and resigning as the chairman of the Leicester East CLP.

“This is great disappointment to me, realising that I have spent over 30 years of my life working for a party that I now know that I have nothing in common with. This is not the party I joined, the party for decent working people. I can no longer follow the clown that leads the Labour Party, he is heavily influenced by the Trotskyite Len McCluskey and is now as the Hoki Coki leader, in out, and shake it all about he has turned this great party into a laughing stock.

Please cancel the direct debit made in favour of your party by me and return all money’s taken by you through Leicester City Council Labour Group to me. I am also shocked that you have chosen a candidate who is a Councillor in Jeremy Corbyn’s Islington CLP to be the Labour Candidate for Leicester East for the next General Election. Where is the democracy in all this? It is a fix and a disgrace.”

His resignation speaks for itself…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Jools said:

Is the following propaganda and lies, Hoola loop?:

 

HOKI-COKI.png?w=540&ssl=1

 

The chairman of Keith Vaz’s Leicester East Constituency Labour Party, Councillor John Thomas has written to Jennie Formby, the party’s General Secretary, cancelling his membership of the Labour Party after 30 years and resigning as the chairman of the Leicester East CLP.

“This is great disappointment to me, realising that I have spent over 30 years of my life working for a party that I now know that I have nothing in common with. This is not the party I joined, the party for decent working people. I can no longer follow the clown that leads the Labour Party, he is heavily influenced by the Trotskyite Len McCluskey and is now as the Hoki Coki leader, in out, and shake it all about he has turned this great party into a laughing stock.

Please cancel the direct debit made in favour of your party by me and return all money’s taken by you through Leicester City Council Labour Group to me. I am also shocked that you have chosen a candidate who is a Councillor in Jeremy Corbyn’s Islington CLP to be the Labour Candidate for Leicester East for the next General Election. Where is the democracy in all this? It is a fix and a disgrace.”

His resignation speaks for itself…

You’re assuming I’m a Labour voter. I’m not. Dear me 🤦🏻‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Herman said:

Trouble is that you have been consistently wrong, so I'll wait to see what happens with this crappy election. 

I've been right all along. We are leaving and there won't be a second ref or a revoke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

👮‍♂️ ’Allo ’allo ’allo, what’s going on here, then?  👉https://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/politics/labour-election-leaflet-reported-to-electoral-commission-by-norfolk-police-1-6381890

 

image.jpg

Norfolk police chief constable Simon Bailey.

Norfolk police have referred general election material being used by Labour election candidates to the Electorial Commission - because it includes chief constable Simon Bailey's photograph.

image.jpg

Norfolk police have reported Labour election literature to the Electoral Commission because of the use of a photograph of chief constable Simon Bailey.

Labour literature, a version of which is known to have been used by at least three Norfolk candidates - Norwich South candidate Clive Lewis, Norwich North candidate Karen Davis and Broadland candidate Jess Barnard - features a photograph and headline taken from the Eastern Daily Press website.

Above a photograph of Mr Bailey is the Eastern Daily Press headline from October 2015 stating 'Chief constable warns cuts to Norfolk police could see fewer bobbies on the beat and detectives not sent to every burglary'.

And Mr Bailey is unhappy that Labour has made use of it in campaigning.

He said: "As a police officer you must be impartial. Policing is strictly non-party political and we carry out our duties without fear or favour.

"I was therefore disappointed to see my words and photograph, originally published in local news media, used in political campaign material for a local candidate.

"I'm acutely aware of the power of perception and therefore wish to publicly clarify I have no desire to promote any political view and in no way endorse such material."

The force has referred the matter to the Electoral Commission.

However, it is not yet clear which candidate's literature Norfolk police has been reported to the Electoral Commission, given it features in the election literature of at least three of the Labour Norfolk candidates.

Norfolk police were not able to confirm which candidate's literature had been reported, at this time.

Labour were contacted for comment.

 

TELEMMGLPICT000109632040_trans_NvBQzQNjv

Edited by Jools

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
 
14 minutes ago, Herman said:

You voted to leave 3 and a half years ago. That was the last time you got something right.

 

🤔  😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×