Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Savvas Mourgos

I imagine it might be because we see him as one of the next to come through. Currently on loan at Dordrecht isn't he?

Fits with the profile of sending those on the fringes of the first team out to get vital experience in other leagues (as we did with Todd)

Good luck to him. 

It may be a case that Norwich see someone with potential to play for the club, or see him as someone Norwich can potentially sell for a profit. I feel player ‘flipping’ will also turn out to be an important part of Norwich’s self funding model. 

I feel a bit bad about posting this, but our Savvas developed a nasty case of Shhteeve McLaren fake Dutch accent syndrome when he was interviewed by Dutch TV............

Edited by Thirsty Lizard

3 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

I feel a bit bad about posting this, but our Savvas developed a nasty case of Shhteeve McLaren fake Dutch accent syndrome when he was interviewed by Dutch TV............

Or he is from Greece and moved to north London at 11 years old. 

12 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Or he is from Greece and moved to north London at 11 years old. 

I know Bethnal...... nevertheless he sounded as though he'd picked up a bit of the Dutch twang to me...........not that it's a terrible offence of course.

21 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

I know Bethnal...... nevertheless he sounded as though he'd picked up a bit of the Dutch twang to me...........not that it's a terrible offence of course.

It takes two to tango. 

1 hour ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Good luck to him. 

It may be a case that Norwich see someone with potential to play for the club, or see him as someone Norwich can potentially sell for a profit. I feel player ‘flipping’ will also turn out to be an important part of Norwich’s self funding model. 

Thats the way i the see it too Betho, Man City , Chelsea and the Mighty Ajax do this 'player development and placement'...... Flipping  to you and me ,as part of the business that is their Club. I see no reason that if well managed, it could be a very useful income stream, along with the odd gem that plays for us in the first team. Our category 1 status  academy is an invaluable asset, which could provide cash as well as players.

• Like 2

The aim of the academy was always to produce footballers. Of course the ultra aim is for them to play for Norwich. But I remember back in FONCY days success was measured by the amount of boys who went on to play professional football. 

If you think of how many are in the intake each year, and now with cat one signed later, a very small percentage will play first team football for us. When we're in the Prem it's even harder to step up.

Making players good enough to play first team football will give a massive boost to our intake quality and is a great incentive to youngsters, parents and young players who might potentially sign from other clubs.

Edited by nutty nigel