Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Promotion date

On 30/03/2019 at 20:51, Kathy said:

Yes. I can’t acrually remember clinching promotion at home ever. Can someone remind me?

Thinking about it, Kathy, I don't think we've ever clinched promotion at home, it's time we did !

I don't recall winning promotion at home (we were almost over the line with a 1-0 home win over Swindon in April 1972).

However, I do remember that we won promotion and the Championship in successive away games - promotion to the 1st Division in 1972 following the Swindon home win - a 2-1 win in a Monday night game at Orient and then won the Championship 5 days later on the Saturday with a 1-1 draw at Watford (and I was there!).

What memories - being in the Army as a Norwich supporter, surrounded by Leeds, Liverpool & Man U fans was one of the few highlights of my military career!

5 minutes ago, ABC (A Basingstoke Canary) said:

I don't recall winning promotion at home (we were almost over the line with a 1-0 home win over Swindon in April 1972).

However, I do remember that we won promotion and the Championship in successive away games - promotion to the 1st Division in 1972 following the Swindon home win - a 2-1 win in a Monday night game at Orient and then won the Championship 5 days later on the Saturday with a 1-1 draw at Watford (and I was there!).

What memories - being in the Army as a Norwich supporter, surrounded by Leeds, Liverpool & Man U fans was one of the few highlights of my military career!

I was at the Swindon game in the River End. Such a loud version of OTBC which made such an impression on me that I formed the view that this football thing was such a great idea!

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

We either secured promotion or the title - I forget which - when we drew 1-1 at home to Stoke in 85/86.

That was to win the league...promotion was won at the Odsall stadium,Bradford a week before?

Sounds about right GJL - I seem to recall winning that game and others losing, securing promotion in that game was almost unexpected; they were playing at Odsal due to the horrific fire they’d had.

Edited by Branston Pickle