Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Confirmation....Lambert Has Lost The Plot Completely.

10 hours ago, Ekoku: The Ambassador Of The People said:

Think it was Fergie that said if you’re U23’s are top of the league than something is not right within the club

To me, it sounds like the U23s may feature significantly next year. In a way, if the aim is a complete rebuild for them from the youth setup, then starting that with pre season to prepare and a clean slate seems a better idea than launching straight into a season where recovering the situation would be a tall order for anyone. 

The academy being central to his plans going forward, might it be protected from the cuts which are likely to come in the summer? “That side of it, I don’t know. If you fail, normally things happen, people may be lost here or lost there, that’s normal, it doesn’t matter what club you’re at, that’s normal.

So basically, they need to get rid of the high earners and rely on the Academy – but he's basically saying Academy funding is likely to be cut anyway. So he's predicating their future success on the current crop of Academy youngsters in the first team squad, plus 'really good ones' from the U23s and U18s... all of whom will naturally want to play for a shrinking club with a reduced Academy budget and get the crap kicked out of them in League One. If they're really that good, they'll move to a better club.

I actually think their best chance is Lambo trying to repeat what he did with us, and turn lower-league players into a tough fighting unit that can mix it up as well as play decent football. Although that said, he inherited a similar group of players from Hurst – lower-league overachievers with a hunger to move up the pyramid – and has done the square root of eff all with them.

I'm going to need a ruddy big bag of popcorn to sit and watch this car crash play out...

34 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

New coach hired to inspire togetherness and team bonding at Portman Road.

LOL - I can just imagine Lambert running on and pretending he's winning the Champions League again during a Binner training session.

This would infer they do actually train though and the table seems to suggest otherwise.

Edited by Drazen Muzinic