Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Final 2 games for Ipswich

28 minutes ago, River End Canary said:

We should hire a pinkun bus and go down to portaloo road for the relegation party 

ROFL,an open-top bus parade celebrating their relegation would be sweet irony indeed 🤣

They've got a very tough Dec, four hard away games, Forest, Stoke, QPR, M'boro and Sheffield Utd & Wigan at home, cant see too many points there

16 minutes ago, Diane said:

They've got a very tough Dec, four hard away games, Forest, Stoke, QPR, M'boro and Sheffield Utd & Wigan at home, cant see too many points there

Which could leave them stuck on 11 points with another 40 needed in their final 23 games

Which is possible automatic place over a season

Lower the amount needed to 35 more points

and is still almost play off form

to hit that 46 point mark in May, they need another 12 points from those net four games

can anyone see that happening ?

11 hours ago, Bill said:

Which could leave them stuck on 11 points with another 40 needed in their final 23 games

Which is possible automatic place over a season

Lower the amount needed to 35 more points

and is still almost play off form

to hit that 46 point mark in May, they need another 12 points from those net four games

can anyone see that happening ?

No I can't see that happening either. One or two of the more rational people on TWTD are saying this is the worst Ipswich team in 50 years. But they still haven't realised that they are probably the worst Championship team ever. If not the worst then very close. It's not a question of if they get relegated, it's a question of when.

Like one or two other posters on this thread I would prefer them to still be in with a shout when they reach their last 2 games against Leeds and Sheffield United but the reality is that they will be gone by then. 

They do have a bit of respite early in January with home games against Millwall and Rotherham but Millwall looked better than a bottom 3 team to me and Rotherham have found form recently. After those 2 games they have another 6 fixtures against teams that are in the top half and pushing for the playoffs (that includes the Carrow Road game). So by the end of February they will be all but relegated. Perhaps not mathematically, but as Bill has said in his post that I have quoted, teams do not go from achieving less than 1 point a game to more than 2 points a game. 

So I'm hugely enjoying their imminent demise but I'm also hoping that they don't lay down and die in their last 2 games. That is of course assuming we will still be in with a shout of the automatic places. 

On a long term basis, it is entirely possible that the February game will be the last time I ever see Ipswich play at Carrow Road. I suspect they are more likely to drop down to League 2 than come straight back up. Their current financial position means that relegation could easily result in Administration and a 12 point deduction. Oh dear. I can almost hear us singing "You'll never play here again" 

• Like 1

There are two major factors here. The first one, as has been said, is that they need a huge upturn in fortune. That seems to be very unlikely, with the smallest (I'm being kind) of green shoots since PL took over. They are bereft of form, confidence and also quality to hit those dizzy heights of playoff type form

The other is that 1p5wich need three other teams to have a dip in fortunes. At the moment the likes of Millwall, Rotherham and Reading have shown unbeaten runs, dogged determination. half decent performances etc (even Hull against us) that also seems very unlikely that three of them will dip to worse  than Binners form.

Is the height of their season going to be cheering on the capitulation of their team, in those final 2 fixtures, to put a nail in our promotion prospects..........?

See ya, wouldn't want to be ya

On 29/11/2018 at 16:02, Crabbycanary3 said:

Someone has said that it is mathematically possible that we could relegate them, by the time they come to play us. I'll keep that in mind for  day or two, so apologies for those around me, if they see a silly grin on my face, until that possibility changes.

Sorry Crabby, there is no way we can relegate them as early as 10 Feb, with a further 45 points still up for grabs. I agree with LDC and hope they pick up a few points against our rivals. They have Sheff U, 'Boro and Forest in December. I wouldn't  mind them getting a point or more from any of those. 

23 hours ago, ricardo said:

I wonder how low it can go.

Can't see it going below 10k, but sub 12 wouldn't surprise me.

if their attendances equated to the moral depths they have sunk to at times

then that would be nought

a club so low it could get under a snakes belly wearing a top hat

8 minutes ago, Bill said:

a club so low it could get under a snakes belly wearing a top hat

I've never seen a snake in a top hat....