Sign in to follow this  
pete

City 22nd if

A stat from BBC Championship quiz.

If all our games ended at half time City would be 22nd in the league.  Good job we play for 90 mins or 97 mins.  24 goals in second half.

Fitness is the key imo. Keeping all your physical and mental abilities at their optimum right to the last minute of a match is a big part of the Farke mentality. it is surprising how some teams, even so called big teams this season don't appear to be able to match us for fitness over a whole game.  Long may that continue. 

So does that mean that next season we have to  play all the first halves in League one and all the second halves in the Prem?

sounds like fun😀

Better that than the other way around.

Reminds me of when I played regular games of badminton with a billy big **** who knew I could always beat comfortably.

For some reason I always needed him to take a lead of about six or seven points before I could engage in the contest properly.

Perhaps it was in the psyche, perhaps it was confidence or perhaps I just craved a close run thing.

That stat highlights just how impressive the team has become both mentally and physically. 

Whereas all our points have been won in the first half of the season

and all of our goals have been scored in the oppositions half

so if we only play until mid December we would likely be champions

and if goals scored in the opposition half only counted then we would be champions having not let a goal in that has been scored from the opposition half of the pitch.

It's not just a question of fitness, it's also our relentless style of possession and making the opposition work hard to close us down. Most can't do it for 97 mins and eventually concede.