kick it off

NFL Thread

Watched the Niners continue their revival of form and Purdy certainly must have broken a few stats in that game.

Funny to see the perennial losing Lions having a comfortable winning season for a change.

Well I have no idea how but the Eagles beat the Chiefs and now sit 9-1.

If we can do the same vs the 9ers then it feels like the one seed is ours to lose.

Another top win for the Niners. Starting to put it all together now. I just hope the ydon't peak too soon.

McCaffrey may not have the grace of Marcus Allen or strength of John Riggins but he just gets the job done.

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

Jordan Love is finally showing that he might have what it takes after a shaky few weeks.

I don't know whether the Pack were good or Detroit just downright poor.

34 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I don't know whether the Pack were good or Detroit just downright poor.

The defence looks much stronger than in recent seasons. Love looked comfortable and confident against the Lions with far fewer risky passes. He has a big act to follow but in the last two games has looked to be giving it a good shot.

7 minutes ago, ricardo said:

The defence looks much stronger than in recent seasons. Love looked comfortable and confident against the Lions with far fewer risky passes. He has a big act to follow but in the last two games has looked to be giving it a good shot.

Wait until the temperature drops in Wisconsin, then the opponents find out why the Pack were so strong.

A throughly underwhelming slate of Thanksgiving games in the end- a promising start with Detroit v GB but followed by two blowouts.

I've no idea how good the Cowboys actually are- yes they are putting up points and sit 8-3 but their wins are over the Giants x 2, Jets, Pats, Chargers, Rams, Panthers and Commanders, all of whom have 4 wins or less. Obviously you can only beat what is in front of you but their next 5 games are all against teams with winning records- it'll be interesting to see how they look then.

I'm also wondering if Ron Riveria will even make it to the end of the season. There is a very good chance the Commanders go 0-6 in their division this season which I'd argue is pretty tough to do, especially when one of those teams is the three win New York Giants. I know they traded away their edge rushers but they look broken right now. I'd be tempted to say goodbye to RR now and give Bienamy a 6 game HC audition. Agree @kick it off?

6 hours ago, king canary said:

A throughly underwhelming slate of Thanksgiving games in the end- a promising start with Detroit v GB but followed by two blowouts.

I've no idea how good the Cowboys actually are- yes they are putting up points and sit 8-3 but their wins are over the Giants x 2, Jets, Pats, Chargers, Rams, Panthers and Commanders, all of whom have 4 wins or less. Obviously you can only beat what is in front of you but their next 5 games are all against teams with winning records- it'll be interesting to see how they look then.

I'm also wondering if Ron Riveria will even make it to the end of the season. There is a very good chance the Commanders go 0-6 in their division this season which I'd argue is pretty tough to do, especially when one of those teams is the three win New York Giants. I know they traded away their edge rushers but they look broken right now. I'd be tempted to say goodbye to RR now and give Bienamy a 6 game HC audition. Agree @kick it off?

The Cowboys score points regularly at home. They are not quite so good away. But with who they have left I think 10-6 is the best they can hope for. The Eagles have them after the Niners so moving day is approaching.

22 hours ago, king canary said:

I think the Cowboys are legit, although I hate to say it. Their Defense is exceptional, and will cause trouble for most OLs across the league. 

Rivera will make it to the end of the season, pretty much nailed on. Fired Del Rio and the DBs coach this week (seriously, the DBs coach has worked under Del Rio twice in the NFL, and the rest of his career has been coaching High school football... wtaf?). Rivera is a lame duck, but he will see the season out... Think Harris is content to let the season play out with us losing out and hoping to sneak into the top 4 or 5 of the draft, and Rivera staying (he's now taking on DC responsibilities too) pretty much cements that.

We are in need of a full rebuild, although I think Howell is good at QB - Our OL is beyond porous, it's historically bad, and Howell's leading the league in passing despite narrowly avoiding death on almost every play. He's had way more pass attempts than anyone else due to always playing from behind and Bienemy hating any kind of rush attack, but he has done a good job.

Trading our EDGE for picks was smart as neither were staying and we've now got 5 picks in the top 100 of the draft, so can't complain at that really for a team in need of rebuild. We have 90mill in cap space too and no blue chip renewals to worry about (mainly cuz we don't have any blue chip players!). 

The Defense has killed us this year - something like 16 TDs conceded from 20+ yards, last in the league in points allowed, every team throwing bombs over their heads like it's nothing. It's been a total mess and given we invested like 6 of our last 8 first rounders on Defense, it's inexcusable. So many busts in that number. It's going to take a huge effort to even make us look halfway competitive again, but I do think Harris will get it done over the next few years.

I'm not sure Bienemy has earned a HC shot here if I'm honest, I wouldn't be against it, but I'm not totally sold on it either and theres plenty of fans on the forum who have zero interest in seeing him take on HC role.

2 hours ago, kick it off said:

The Defense has killed us this year - something like 16 TDs conceded from 20+ yards, last in the league in points allowed, every team throwing bombs over their heads like it's nothing. It's been a total mess

This is pleasing to hear given Miami are visiting next week. Maybe the new DB coach will help?

8 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

This is pleasing to hear given Miami are visiting next week. Maybe the new DB coach will help?

God knows who the new DB coach is - they promoted one of the assistants, I don't know anything about them. The DB situation is as much lack of talent as coaching - they just constantly lose players and leave them running wide open. It really is a cluster****.... Tua is going to embarrass them.

Buffalo have won. In their final 3 and toughess games the Dolpins are 13:7 up against the Cowboys..."Christmas time don't let the bells end"

Edit: Playoffs! 22:20 with running down clock for the 3 points.

v Ravens next to play for the number seed.

Edited by KiwiScot

So the Pack make the p,ayoffs with the youngest team ever. 

The thought that Jordan Love could become their third straight Hall of Famer and franchise QB is truly amazing.

• Like 1

My Buffalo Bills have won the AFC East for the 4th straight time . I went to Orchard Park , back in 2008 when it was still waiting for a playoff game .... since 1999.

Is this going to be our year??? I daren't hope for it , but the way this team has come back from all the injuries and probs in mid-season is impressive. #JA17 is one of the best playmakers in the league and on his day he can overcome anything.

Let's go Buffalo!

The absolute meltdown the Eagles are going through is horrendous. Gone from Superbowl favourites to expecting to get destroyed by the Buccaneers.

I was following the Seattle game thinking they only needed to win, but the failed field goal in the dying seconds from the Cardinals after the seahawks 2 point conversation for the win. Didn't matter.

So it's that time to predict who makes and wins the Superbowl. Dolphins just lose most of their games against decent teams, Chiefs maybe. Buffalo, most of their games are close so it looks like Baltimore Ravens. Otherwise the Chiefs for me.

NFC Looks like a lot of teams who have equally lost/won against big teams and win against the weaker teams so you look at most of them and go why not. Cowboys I note seem to have a touch of the Dolphins with losses to strong teams. Eagles need to switch it back on. I'm going for the 49ers to make it as they seem to score high with less close games

So the Ravens v 49ers with the Ravens to Win

Dafties most bizarre superbowl combo? Texans v Lions

4 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

I was following the Seattle game thinking they only needed to win, but the failed field goal in the dying seconds from the Cardinals after the seahawks 2 point conversation for the win. Didn't matter.

So it's that time to predict who makes and wins the Superbowl. Dolphins just lose most of their games against decent teams, Chiefs maybe. Buffalo, most of their games are close so it looks like Baltimore Ravens. Otherwise the Chiefs for me.

NFC Looks like a lot of teams who have equally lost/won against big teams and win against the weaker teams so you look at most of them and go why not. Cowboys I note seem to have a touch of the Dolphins with losses to strong teams. Eagles need to switch it back on. I'm going for the 49ers to make it as they seem to score high with less close games

So the Ravens v 49ers with the Ravens to Win

Dafties most bizarre superbowl combo? Texans v Lions

I agree with the 9ers- the Cowboys struggle against the top teams and as much as I love the Lions story I think Goff is very capable of a meltdown.

I, for some reason, always find the Ravens difficult to trust. When they are good they are fantastic but they have had some pretty spectacular losses this season. Giving up a 14 point 4th quarter lead to the Browns for example. It feels like a team that could have a heart-breaking loss in the Divisional round to an underdog. The Dolphins feel like a team that will fold against one of the stronger contenders. The Chiefs have the experience but they just aren't themselves this season. So I'm going Buffalo vs 9ers.

****Breaking News*****

At the young age of 71, Bill Belichick is back on the market for a head coach role after parting ways with the Patriots. Commanders being a rumoured team.

More News.

Buffalo game moved to 9.30pm UK Time on Monday. Bad Storm in Buffalo.

2 hours ago, king canary said:

So the Dolphins are outed as frauds once and for all.

Only a question if they can improve or not. Maybe a lot more adjustment than they hoped for.

On 12/01/2024 at 13:24, KiwiScot said:

****Breaking News*****

At the young age of 71, Bill Belichick is back on the market for a head coach role after parting ways with the Patriots. Commanders being a rumoured team.

Absolutely zero chance we take him. Not what we're looking for. All the journos with the inside track have said the links to us are utter nonsense too.

Almost nailed on we get Ben Johnson, the Lions OC for our head coach role.

Edited by kick it off

3 hours ago, ricardo said:

Hahahahahahaha

Go Packers.

Love to see Dallas get their **** whipped. Especially in Jerry World.

FB_IMG_1705344650573.jpg

Also, how have we gone from Washington being a total dumpster fire, to securing the GM candidate that the entire league coveted (Adam Peters, John Lynch's right hand man at the 49ers), and being one of the most appealing Head Coach opportunities in the league right now?

Finally a bit of ****ing hope for the franchise!

What a great victory that was ! Buffalo Bills showing they're only getting better even the mount of injuries doesn't stop McDermott calling decisive defensive plays . The change of OC is the turning point in the season everybody will be talking about.

image.png.5abbc24df95f343764cfb36b39d0fb60.png

What an incredible end to the season for the Eagles. It sounds crazy to say as he's made the playoffs the last 3 seasons and the Superbowl last year but I wouldn't be shocked in Sirriani is gone after this. It isn't just the fact we've lost, it's the nature of them. So many basic coaching errors on both sides of the ball but he's an offensive minded coach yet we have no answer for the blitz. Just rank amateur stuff going on out there. 

Sadly the Pacjers narrowly lose a game they largely dominated.

They will now have big expectations for next season.