Sign in to follow this  
nevermind, neoliberalism has had it

who should become Labour leader?

It''s a very interesting reaction from the right wing to this.

The right wing media, or just the media I should say, for the most part, are trying to bury the story. The Daily Mail seem to be stuck in two minds as they are obviously a right wing newspaper, but the allegations and potential evidence (photograph) that our PM has fu(ked a pig in the face, which is their sort of story.

I mean, just imagine if it was Corbyn who did this - they''d butcher him.

Furthermore its not just the media, but generally just the right wing who are trying to normalise this. Louise Mensch (I think that how you spell it) conservative MP a few years ago for Corby (kind of ironic that) - has said - yeah the allegation probably aren''t true ''but if they are so fu(king what."

So what? I''m sorry but lets be serious, there is no ''so what'' here. This isn''t a case of ''well we were all young once''. No, this is big news if this is true.

Corbyn has already done the same. The only difference being he promoted his to the Shadow Cabinet.Sorry but none of this is big news at all, its muck raking bullshit from both left and right in an attempt to smear the other. John Major knobbed Edwina Currie over a desk and John Prescott did the same to his secretary. In the end WGAF.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]See, this is normal for right wingers.

''not a big deal''[/quote]Pointless discussing unfounded allegations from people with an axe to grind. Ashcroft and Dacre aren''t fond of Cameron and want to stick the knife in. No different to the Telegraph wanting to stick the knife in Corbyn with the Dianne Abbot stuff. We can all see it for the shit that it is.But if you think its a big deal it must be one then.

Its not that I see this as a big deal, though it could be potentially. What I see is the media wheel turning in order to not make this a big deal, thats what I find interesting, the whole of the right going; "it''s nothing, who cares, don''t look, don''t discuss it"

The dystopian world of Black Mirror''s first episode could indeed come true.

So what I was pointing out was the reaction to it, rather than the actual incident.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Its not that I see this as a big deal, though it could be potentially. What I see is the media wheel turning in order to not make this a big deal, thats what I find interesting, the whole of the right going; "it''s nothing, who cares, don''t look, don''t discuss it"

The dystopian world of Black Mirror''s first episode could indeed come true.

So what I was pointing out was the reaction to it, rather than the actual incident.[/quote]Do you really care if Corbyn banged Abbot 30 yrs ago or whether Cameron smoked Cannabis and joined in some (alleged) ritual while at University. FFS, some people might be amused by it but does anyone really think either is a big deal?

I hope you can see though that this, if true, is different to Corbyn having a relationship with a fellow employee (like most people do) or David Cameron smoking weed (like most people do)? As these aren''t ''bad'' things.

Fu(king a dead pig in front of a load of other toffs is not what most people do and reflects very poorly on the UK indeed, if true.

Again though, I''m more interested in how the right have reacted upon this.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]I hope you can see though that this, if true, is different to Corbyn having a relationship with a fellow employee (like most people do) or David Cameron smoking weed (like most people do)? As these aren''t ''bad'' things.

Fu(king a dead pig in front of a load of other toffs is not what most people do and reflects very poorly on the UK indeed, if true.

Again though, I''m more interested in how the right have reacted upon this.[/quote]I certainly agree on that. One is a matter of public record and the other a third hand allegation that is so far unsupported by any evidence.

So Cameron has a few stupid antics in his past, big deal/so what/who

cares? Stuffing Ed and Co in May is what I will remember him for. Oh!

the glorious schadenfreude of 7th May 10.01pm and the BBC exit poll [Y][:D]

One could not possibly say Shrimps, but according to our excellent political analysts here this is merely a spat.Far from it, it seems that the 1922 committee is getting restless with Camerons dithering and this little piggy is going for the chop to let in the new leader Osborne.That cocaine use was allowed in Camerons household is not here not there and that our newly selected PM Osborne was/is rather fond of it, like the rest of the City of London financiers who felt really good about crashing the economy.

Sorry about the wrong link - I have been away in Liverpool - made it a short break - great City! I hope this one works:http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/14/opinion/paul-krugman-labours-dead-center.htmlRe the Ashcroft allegations - I haven''t actually read them and only heard about them on the radio which gave a very limited account. However, I seem to be the only person that thinks that the real issue isn''t what he may have done as a kid, but the fact given by his "defence" that it was an act motivated by revenge because he was not given the job in government he was promised?I thought that we were suposed to have moved on from a position where you could buy positions in government ages ago? For some reason, this does not seem at all contoversial, but what does it say about our "democracy."

That certainly is the medias take on it Badger.

It seems to be; ''how dare Ashcroft do this''

(....after the election when no-one seems to care.)

And another small point of order. Just as with PM Wilson, some generals have too much time to plot coups in Britain. What of the Sunday Times report detailing General Blimp’s genial remarks about the

military not allowing a Prime Minister appointed by the Queen to carry

out a mandate from the UK electorate
?Now that clearly puts us in line for the annual Banana republic best coup preps of the year competition, does it not.Its an outrage and I shall contact my MP about it, especially when Mr. Fallon MP agrees with the defence staff that it is impossible to find out who said it, hence is not important....I wish these generals would start taking an interest in the civilian casualties they caused, the outfall of refugees from Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan they have helped to cause, rather than talk of coups against a possible labour Government on some spurious reasons of self interest.

"As I travelled the country during the leadership campaign it was

wonderful to see the diversity of all the people in the country.

Even more inspiring was the unity and unanimity of their values.

A belief in coming together to achieve more than we can on our own.

Fair play for all, solidarity and not walking by on the other side of

the street when people are in trouble. Respect for other’s point of

view. It is this sense of fair play, these shared majority British

values, that are the fundamental reason why I love this country and its

people.

These values are what I was elected on: a kinder politics and a more caring society.

They are Labour values and our country’s values.

We are going to put these values back into politics.

It’s because I am driven by these British majority values, because I

love this country, that I want to rid it of injustice, to make it

fairer, more decent, more equal.

And I want all of our citizens to benefit from prosperity and success."

Sounds good to me Jeremy[Y]

[quote user="Herman "]

"As I travelled the country during the leadership campaign it was

wonderful to see the diversity of all the people in the country.

Even more inspiring was the unity and unanimity of their values.

A belief in coming together to achieve more than we can on our own.

Fair play for all, solidarity and not walking by on the other side of

the street when people are in trouble. Respect for other’s point of

view. It is this sense of fair play, these shared majority British

values, that are the fundamental reason why I love this country and its

people.

These values are what I was elected on: a kinder politics and a more caring society.

They are Labour values and our country’s values.

We are going to put these values back into politics.

It’s because I am driven by these British majority values, because I

love this country, that I want to rid it of injustice, to make it

fairer, more decent, more equal.

And I want all of our citizens to benefit from prosperity and success."

Sounds good to me Jeremy[Y]

[/quote][:D] Herman, dear boy. The question asked in this topic was who should be the ''new'' leader of the Labour Party. I personally believe it should''ve been either Neil Kinnock or Ed Miliband. Why? Because they are who Corbyn''s speech were written, intended & REJECTED for by the aforementioned four years ago [:D]So basically Comrade Corbyn couldn''t be ar*ed to write it himself and

then the day is saved by some crap that was written four years ago.New

politics my anus [:D]

On the eve of new insurance taxes hitting all insurances next month, some 6-9.5% more on all insurances, raising car insurance by an avg.of £12.25 and household insurance by £9.48, its becoming unclear as to what is happening with our red Tories. 17-22 year olds, some up to their eyeballs in debt already, will have to find an Avg.of £40,- more for their car insurance.Is Corbyn changing labour, or is Labour changing him? The working tax credits will not be repealed under Labour by the looks of it, and I doubt if these insurance hikes by 58% overall will be reversed by our ''peoples party'', they have fallen back into the New Labour mindset of shadowing and agreeing to everything the Tories come up with.http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/10/18/tax-credits-labour-seema-malhotra_n_8324386.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

That''s an interesting comment which could have been made on Andrew Maars program. Why ever did he not speak up in favour of working tax credits in front of the nation?We were specifically talking of working tax credits, not ''cuts'' as an overarching issue, which is fine by me, as long as it happens, just making sucking noises just won''t change the life''s of those already on the bottom rung. Only if enough Tory''s are threatened in their seats will it change.lets hope all those new members understand that activism is required to bring over the GE policies to voters. If a fair proportional vote is not on the agenda, then the people''s party is merely carrying on with the undemocratic BS, is just out for itself, just as the other parties, self serving word smithing  oiks devoid of sustainable ideas.Careerist opportunists following the champagne charlies.

[quote user="nevermind"]On the eve of new insurance taxes hitting all insurances next month, some 6-9.5% more on all insurances, raising car insurance by an avg.of £12.25 and household insurance by £9.48, its becoming unclear as to what is happening with our red Tories. 17-22 year olds, some up to their eyeballs in debt already, will have to find an Avg.of £40,- more for their car insurance.Is Corbyn changing labour, or is Labour changing him? The working tax credits will not be repealed under Labour by the looks of it, and I doubt if these insurance hikes by 58% overall will be reversed by our ''peoples party'', they have fallen back into the New Labour mindset of shadowing and agreeing to everything the Tories come up with.http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/10/18/tax-credits-labour-seema-malhotra_n_8324386.html?utm_hp_ref=uk[/quote]My insurance cost me thirty quid less this year. A bit of Compare the market works wonders.As for 17 to 22 yr olds, they''ll have to do what I did at their age when I couldn''t afford a car. Its a tough old life.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="nevermind"]On the eve of new insurance taxes hitting all insurances next month, some 6-9.5% more on all insurances, raising car insurance by an avg.of £12.25 and household insurance by £9.48, its becoming unclear as to what is happening with our red Tories. 17-22 year olds, some up to their eyeballs in debt already, will have to find an Avg.of £40,- more for their car insurance.Is Corbyn changing labour, or is Labour changing him? The working tax credits will not be repealed under Labour by the looks of it, and I doubt if these insurance hikes by 58% overall will be reversed by our ''peoples party'', they have fallen back into the New Labour mindset of shadowing and agreeing to everything the Tories come up with.http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/10/18/tax-credits-labour-seema-malhotra_n_8324386.html?utm_hp_ref=uk[/quote]My insurance cost me thirty quid less this year. A bit of Compare the market works wonders.As for 17 to 22 yr olds, they''ll have to do what I did at their age when I couldn''t afford a car. Its a tough old life.[/quote]

[quote user="ricardo"]Corbyn would be a wet dream come true for the Tories.[/quote]Wrong! The reduction in tax credits is the death partys poll tax and the robbing tories will lose alot of voters along the way because of it. Good.

[quote user="julian hudson"][quote user="ricardo"]Corbyn would be a wet dream come true for the Tories.[/quote]Wrong! The reduction in tax credits is the death partys poll tax and the robbing tories will lose alot of voters along the way because of it. Good.[/quote]LOLJeremy Corbyn will never be Prime Minister.JCWNBPM

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="julian hudson"][quote user="ricardo"]Corbyn would be a wet dream come true for the Tories.[/quote]Wrong! The reduction in tax credits is the death partys poll tax and the robbing tories will lose alot of voters along the way because of it. Good.[/quote]LOLJeremy Corbyn will never be Prime Minister.JCWNBPM[/quote]Whenever Labour move an inch in the direction of redistribution they are accused of being class war obsessed unreconstructed Marxists by our euphemistically named free press. The Tories on the other hand are praised when they introduce extreme measures which redistribute to the wealthiest and take food from the mouths of children. It is all the bastards ever do when in power.People are fools not to recognise that the Tories are engaged in a full on class war. They are just hoping that enough people fail to notice it. But people will notice, just as they did in 1997 and by 2020 Corbyn WILL be the new PM.

[quote user="Strawman"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="julian hudson"][quote user="ricardo"]Corbyn would be a wet dream come true for the Tories.[/quote]Wrong! The reduction in tax credits is the death partys poll tax and the robbing tories will lose alot of voters along the way because of it. Good.[/quote]LOLJeremy Corbyn will never be Prime Minister.JCWNBPM[/quote]Whenever Labour move an inch in the direction of redistribution they are accused of being class war obsessed unreconstructed Marxists by our euphemistically named free press. The Tories on the other hand are praised when they introduce extreme measures which redistribute to the wealthiest and take food from the mouths of children. It is all the bastards ever do when in power.People are fools not to recognise that the Tories are engaged in a full on class war. They are just hoping that enough people fail to notice it. But people will notice, just as they did in 1997 and by 2020 Corbyn WILL be the new PM. [/quote]Spot on post, though it slightly opposes your previous post [*-)]