Sign in to follow this  
mrs miggins

Favourite TV show?

I''ve banged on about Game of Thrones on the Soprano thread below.

Totally taken in by it and can''t wait for series 4 to start next week.

Breaking Bad is one I hope to catch up with next - everyone says how brilliant it is - so no spoilers please!

Cannot wait for the new series of DEREK. I give

talks now and again in old peoples homes and the story lines are so accurate its amazing. Gervais and Pilkington are brilliant.

[quote user="SHRIMPER"]Cannot wait for the new series of DEREK. I give talks now and again in old peoples homes and the story lines are so accurate its amazing. Gervais and Pilkington are brilliant.[/quote]

Cool. That was good. Might go back and rewatch it[Y]

House is absolutely superb. In my opinion Hugh Laurie has done as good a job as anyone with his character in that. Some people get bogged down in the formulaic medical drama aspect but it''s so much more than that. You don''t get a character like House in Casualty.

Game of Thrones is also superb, and I could never not mention Buffy and Angel. One I do sometimes forget to mention is Peep Show, but that is definitely my favourite comedy.

Peep show is great, better than the other show the producers do....can''t remember the name, it''s on channel 4 about uni housemates

Just started Breaking Bad. Very good start. I don''t think I am going to achieve much this weekend[:D]

trust me Herman....its so good. If you ever think that one episode doesn''t have much going on, it really is. Unlike any other show, the character development is phenomenal.

And remember

"yeah b*tch, magnets"

(I realise you don''t know what that is all about yet)

F you Miggins!!!     And F your eyebrows too!!!

3 down and addicted already. The blackest of black comedy/dramas I have watched in a while. Such a likeable main character as well.

I remember when this first broke onto the FX channel and I ignored it because of the trailer. I didn''t bother with the Sopranos at the time because it was on a bit late. Daft sod.[:D]

The movie Fargo is in my personal top ten and I''m pleased to say that I enjoyed the first episode of the same-titled series just as much.

Haha, I remember that bit now. I love people''s reaction to watching the end of the whole thing (Ends series 5 which is in 2 parts). I really cannot stress how amazing it is. If you think the first 2 series are a little bit edgy...well let me just say, you haven''t seen anything compared to the next 3.

And getting Hal from Malcolm in the Middle was such a master stroke (as you''ll see by the end). I''ll stop now as i''ll probably let a spoiler go on this. Anyway enjoy and stick with it is all i''ll say.

I struggled with breaking bad to be honest, by midway through season 3 I just didn''t care what happened to any of them, I just wanted to get to the end and move on. Friends of mine rave about it so I get it is horses for courses but it wasn''t one that grabbed me.

The Walking Dead has really sucked me in, I don''t normally like things like that but it is excellent!

Game of Thrones is also brilliant - if for no other reason than the red wedding episode!

The classics are ER and the office, true brilliance.

Sir Humphrey Appleby wrote the following post at 22/04/2014 10:01 PM:

I struggled with breaking bad to be honest, by midway through season 3 I just didn''t care what happened to any of them, I just wanted to get to the end and move on. Friends of mine rave about it so I get it is horses for courses but it wasn''t one that grabbed me.

--------------------------------------------

Its a shame man, I thought series 2 was a bit too slow, but by the end of season 3, it gives you a real good reason for you to keep watching, it almost turns into an entirely different show. The end of season 3 is amazing and season 4 especially is, for me, simply incredible.

Is Derek as good as the office or extras? I haven''t seen it. I wasn''t too fussed about ''Life''s too short'' tbh, But i''ve been catching up a bit on idiot abroad...that man is quite something

I personally thought Derek as the best thing Gervais has done. Not as comedic as his others but warmer and more thought provoking. Not to everyone''s taste and got some unfair criticism (Daily Mail) but worth checking out.

That''s typical. Big up a programme and then they put out one of the weakest episodes. Still good with some genuine LOL moments (the spider) and i''m sure it will build momentum.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Sir Humphrey Appleby wrote the following post at 22/04/2014 10:01 PM: I struggled with breaking bad to be honest, by midway through season 3 I just didn''t care what happened to any of them, I just wanted to get to the end and move on. Friends of mine rave about it so I get it is horses for courses but it wasn''t one that grabbed me. -------------------------------------------- Its a shame man, I thought series 2 was a bit too slow, but by the end of season 3, it gives you a real good reason for you to keep watching, it almost turns into an entirely different show. The end of season 3 is amazing and season 4 especially is, for me, simply incredible.[/quote]

I see what you mean, season 2 is a bit of a struggle at the moment. Gonna stick with it though.

New ep of Derek was very good. Probably my favourite Gervais show.

Also getting through the first season of The Blacklist, what a fantastic show! Twists and turns all over, some great individual episodes and the overall plot and main characters are developing very very well. Think its already been picked up for Season two which is great as the last show I was this excited about was The Ringer with Sarah Michelle Gellar which was apparently too clever for Americans so it didn''t get renewed despite being brilliant.

No, at the moment he''s still having trouble with his wife and Jesse has just been evicted. Early doors as they say.

Am I the only person in the world that doesn''t find Gervais funny ?  Looking forward to another series of what will probably be quite predictable but I''ll have to watch anyway, Jack Bauer 24

I thought the office was comedy genius (up there with the classics) as well as thoroughly enjoying Extras, but yeah the only thing that he''s been associated with since then that I thought he was good in was the Golden Globes (or baftas i can''t remember) and an idiot abroad. I quite enjoyed his show from the podcasts he did. But i thought lives too short was pretty woeful (i kind of blame warwick davis'' acting for that) and tbh haven''t thought too much about Derek. He''s been going on the road as david brent, which to me kind of makes me think that he''s run out of ideas. However, it is hard to criticise, i''m hardly king of comedy and to create something as good and special as the office, was certainly quite an achievement.