Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Just Spotted In Tesco.

To be honest its a good job this story has broken when it has, imagine if it had been a couple of weeks back... When A certain Mr Holt suddenly went missing :S

I was in the Tesco cafe and the waitress asked if I''d like anything on my burger. I said "i''ll have a fiver each way please."

all good advertising for a sob story. Horse meat is not going to make anybody sick, indeed its protein rich, slightly sweet, with hardly any fat. It is butchered in this country, indeed here in East Anglia''s abattoirs. Horses that die do not end in horsey heaven, nor should they. BTW. its should be headed ''just spotted in a supermarket near you'' as it was not just this one, but many supermarkets who have taken their burgers off the shelves.I would eat horse burgers, as long as they are marked as such, before I''d touch beef, it is by far the more healthier meat.What all of these supermarkets are guilty of is deception, deceiving customers into believing that they are eating beef that has been raised on GM soya, treated with antibiotics and prone to BSE, and we are very angry about it indeed.....

Such an uproar over the Horse Abattoir, especially the unprofessional act of not killing that horse before the stun wore off yet we consume tons of cattle, lamb and chicken that has not been stunned prior to death without batting an eyelid.

Could be simply the fact that the British have never really eaten horse?! Similar to the Germans not eating much lamb,or the Scottish not eating anything that hasn''t been deep fried. It''s just not customary.

I''d try it though. Supposed to be a healthier option to beef steak. Got to be really fresh i have heard as it doesn''t keep.

[quote user="Herman "]I''d try it though. Supposed to be a healthier option to beef steak. Got to be really fresh i have heard as it doesn''t keep.[/quote]

I also tried horse meat in my younger days and would eat it again if its not from a race horse. It has a sweet taste to it and is very yummy, hardly any fat on it I remember.

When I lived and worked in France I ate quite a lot of it. If you were not told you would not know the difference between horse and beef. As a steak with a sauce you cannot tell, or I couldn''t. Same with a casserole, indistinguishable.