Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

Tom Adeyemi

What''s with this player that the binners elevated to a superstar yet has been unable or unwilling to kick a ball for them despite his decent wage?

Agent Adeyemi is turning into more of a Matt Jarvis than Jarvis himself. At least with the latter it is possible to pinpoint his injuries and he does continually strive to overcome his problems.

I remember little of Tom the player, save him being City youth who didn''t quite make it but went on to decent success in the lower leagues. A player who had a lot of the big, powerful attributes but without application springs to mind and he was a brain box too.

I also remember him crying at some awful racial abuse he received from the terraces, but I don''t think it was in a City shirt.

It does look like neither Tom Adeyemi nor Matt Jarvis will don their respective employees colours again.

All clubs have these long term sick-notes so it is a question as to which is hit hardest financially by these two.

Jarvis is probably more expensive, but ITFC''s budget is tighter than ours still.

(Throw in this Huws player and they are being ripped one, meaning McCarthy''s dealings weren''t all one way profit.)

Some wanted Adeyemi back here when Cardiff released him, I seem to remember, thank our lucky stars that didn''t transpire.Or may be it''sjust the Ipswich air that doesn''t suit him.

A professional player with a number of years left in the game will go where they can for the benefit of their career, if Ipswich was the only Champs club offering a deal, or it was a better option than the alternatives, then common sense dictates you make the move regardless of background or history.
We weren''t complaining when we signed Bertschin or Putney back in the day...

Van wink wrote the following post at 24/08/2018 3:58 PM:

He''s a great lad and I wish him all the best.👍

A very unpleasant thread.

I think you are taking this thread more seriously than it''s intended VW.

"He''s a great lad and I wish him all the best.👍

A very unpleasant thread."

Well we all know he''s a decent sort. You''re telling nobody anything new there. The problem with wishing him ''all the best'' is that it would benefit ITFC, and we can''t have that under any circumstances.

There''s talk of him being released from his contract because of his continual problems so the ideal would be for him to find another club and resurrect his career whilst the binners count their losses.

A thoroughly stupid response.

You''ve moderated your tone a bit.
He''s a pro who should be reaching his prime and for that to be curtailled by injury is a tragedy, which ever club he plays for.
Especially for one of our own!

Quite clearly the best outcome is for him to leave them for a massive payoff and then come here on a free and start playing like Zinedine Zidane.

Thirsty Lizard wrote the following post at 24/08/2018 6:42 PM:

Quite clearly the best outcome is for him to leave them for a massive

payoff and then come here on a free and start playing like Zinedine

Zidane.
😀

His contract is up in the Summer so he''s only got to sit it out for one more season, whilst drawing his pay, and then he could come back to us fit and nicely refreshed after his long rest on the Costa del Portman.

Sadly, I doubt he''s good enough though.

I remember being quite a good hard working and commuted player..

Think he played quite a bit in.lg1 but our rise was too rapid for him to keep pace..

I hope be gets fit and plays well again tho I don''t think even at his best tgat will be a huge benefit for scrum.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]
A professional player with a number of years left in the game will go where they can for the benefit of their career, if Ipswich was the only Champs club offering a deal, or it was a better option than the alternatives, then common sense dictates you make the move regardless of background or history.
We weren''t complaining when we signed Bertschin or Putney back in the day...
[/quote]

Actually many were when we signed putney......took a while others win people over...a goal in a 2-1 over liverpool pivotal in that

Do remember its a job and career for them. If they''re offered a contract, regardless of where, they''ll most likely take it.

In real life wouldn''t you?