Sign in to follow this  
Grumpy

It might not be important to you but it is to me.

Ever since the season started I have been trying to get Carrow Road to respond to emails and messages to no avail. My problem is the awful PA system at the ground. It really winds me up that I can hardly understand a word that is spoken by those three announcers they have.When the safety announcement is made it is quite audible so the system works perhaps its just a case of getting the EQ set correctly on the mics but I wish to heaven they would get it sorted. A little more personality from the three musketeers wouldn''t go amiss either.

I can never see the names of the opposition players when they are announced. I know it comes up on the giant screen but a major part of the crowd can''t see it. Why not put the names up on the scoreboards like they used to?

Perhaps you think its the ramblings of some silly old bugger or of no consequence to you but I would appreciate you input on how the PA sounds in your part of the ground. I am in the infill between the River End and the Jarrold Stand and it is awful. If you are at the match on Saturday just give it a moments thought.

It''s terrible in the upper Barclay. White noise mixed with classical music and some bloke saying something incomprehensible.

Upper Barclay as well Herman, towards the snake pit end and same as you, loud enough but not very clear much of the time.

Anyone know what the semi classical piece is that is played a few minutes before they come out? Tried Shazam but it doesn''t recognize it over the noise of the crowd and stuff.

“It''s terrible in the upper Barclay. White noise mixed with classical music and some bloke saying something incomprehensible”

I’ve heard that’s how it is in a nightclub nowadays

I appreciate your posts thank you, I was beginning to think it was just me. To me its all part of the match day experience and if they are trying to tell me something I like to know what it is. A case in point is the match ball presenter. I have no idea who or what the persons who bring out the match ball are or have done simply because it is a incomprehensible mess. And as for that complete waste of time at half time.How mind numbingly boring is that.

In the Upper Barclay I rarely understand what the PA Announcer ever says about things like the Community Hero / Player Awards etc - I just hear folk clapping & take a guess what it may relate to...

So yes, a more audible system would be useful!

I always thought that Orff was a disease of sheep.

Or Princess Anne''s second favourite word

The problem now is to get the powers that be at Carrow Road to rectify the problem or even admit there is a problem. Having sent an email for the attention of Joe Ferrari (?) who I think deals with that sort of thing, I did get an acknowledgment but that was from the ticket office.

toilets in the upper river end did get repainted for this season! plus we had a paper towel dispenser installed too, alongside the hand drier! 
Also, when ive emailed the club with issues, they have always followed up, but with a phone call to discuss the issue . No complaints on that score from me. 

from memory it was just the usual tickets one. 
Tickets@ncfc, or something like that, was on the contact us pages. 
Good luck

I have to give credit when it is due.Someone either took notice of my email or reads these posts because unless my ears deceived me the PA was actually better on Saturday. Not good but better,could still do with tweeking a bit.