Sign in to follow this  
Bill

End of an era

With Russel Martin looking to move on and Hoolahan hardly featuring the last links with the rise from League 1 have gone.There also looks to be a further ''clear out'' of our PL players as well.But there''s much to look forward to and much that is ''still the same''. Another Gunn in goal and another youth team battling away in the youth cup. Even the crowds are still thereThe club seems to have a clear intent on where it''s going and how it will achieve it.We''ve first team that is getting younger all the time. And one that is now beginning to attack with pace while conceding few at the back. The lad from Spurs should help with the former as well.I expect there will be a few more coming in before the end of the window - and maybe a cup ''upset'' Weds night.So up yours whingers and whiners. Here''s one City supporter who goes into 2018 with plenty of optimism.

Agreed :

Jeremy Alexander bowed out after 50 years of football journalism, and his article included the sentence -

The Dell and Den were favourite grounds of historic atmosphere, as Portman and Carrow Roads remain, proud citadels of their respective counties.

Note/Vote - Remain

Hurclian (Crystal Palace supporter) Wrote " We''ve first team that is getting younger all the time. And one that is

now beginning to attack with pace while conceding few at the back."  Attack with pace is one thing we don''t do with the tippie tappie stuff.

But we do now. Anyone watching the Bristol game would have seen how quick we got the ball forward for the goalYoung Marcus from Spurs will give us more pace. Josh and Jamal bombing down the left, Ivor Sprinto doing the same on the right and balls being played through the middle (behind the defence) will see a much more direct approach. Maddison is no slouch at playing the ball through, or making use of it when it comes his way.I expect a few more younger players to come in, in the next couple of weeks whilst some of the ''loyal servants'' are replaced.You may see the difference against Chelsea - if you don''t have BT sports I''m sure some naught City supporter will point you 9and others) to where it can be watched.

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]The bbc ? 😉[/quote]oh dearwhat a silly ars   

[quote user="Making Plans"]Beginning of an error [;)][/quote]Don''t worry he will talk himself out of it as he is never wrong. [:P]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Making Plans"]Beginning of an error [;)][/quote]Don''t worry he will talk himself out of it as he is never wrong. [:P][/quote]oh dearpoor old plod, never the brightestothers would have understood, but not our retired woodentop[quote user="Hercules"][quote user="FenwayFrank"]The bbc ? 😉[/quote]oh dearwhat a silly ars   

[/quote]

'' not the brightest '' but i thought the world and it''s auntie, well at least all Norwich fans not going to Chelski knew it was on BBC1 but obviously not.Just a shame it was not somebody else who posted BT Sports or you could have had a field day with put downs.

With all the links for players leaving it does seem like this window and the summer will be the full scale rebuild.

Always exciting but my concern still lies with trying to this on the tight budget we have.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]'' not the brightest '' but i thought the world and it''s auntie, well at least all Norwich fans not going to Chelski knew it was on BBC1 but obviously not.Just a shame it was not somebody else who posted BT Sports or you could have had a field day with put downs.[/quote]I would stop digging if I were you plodYour original bleat was about how I would ''talk myself out of it''whereas I had already put my hands up and admitted the mistake - though it was more an ''in'' joke with myself and Swindon.But as usual you came blundering in, not reading the post and thought you had got one over meWhat you have done is merely re-emphasised you obsessive following of me around the forumBy all means do carry on, if that''s what your retirement is about then good luck

As i have told you before it is extremely difficult to find a thread you have not posted on and yes i will carry on thanks all the same. Please don''t keep bigging yourself up that i am following you around so i suggest you carry on calling everybody a liar or a dimwit who has the nerve to respond to your pompous bleatings.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]As i have told you before it is extremely difficult to find a thread you have not posted on and yes i will carry on thanks all the same. Please don''t keep bigging yourself up that i am following you around so i suggest you carry on calling everybody a liar or a dimwit who has the nerve to respond to your pompous bleatings.[/quote]

Probably a employer of Delia I guess TIL,

[quote user="TIL 1010"]As i have told you before it is extremely difficult to find a thread you have not posted on and yes i will carry on thanks all the same. Please don''t keep bigging yourself up that i am following you around so i suggest you carry on calling everybody a liar or a dimwit who has the nerve to respond to your pompous bleatings.[/quote]Calm down my old chapand do remember you are not writing out statements nowit is not  extremely difficult to find a thread you have not posted, in fact it is quite easy, but with those limited powers of investigation I can see why you never rose behind point dutyi would hardly calling it bigging myself up to have some weirdo following me around either"calling everybody a liar or a dimwit who has the nerve to respond to your pompous bleatings..... everybody, slight excageration methinks ?you are not giving evidence in court ?my suggestion would be that you just ignore me, that way you won''t wind yourself up so much, and make a fool of yourself trying to get one over me eithera task you clearly are not up to 

Not for the first time nor the second for that matter can i say you really do need some new material. You post on virtually every thread up and down this page so to claim i follow you around is absurd and i will leave you with a quote from an old staff appraisal during my Police service.......This man does not suffer fools gladly. Oh and you you think i make a fool of myself on here so just a word of advice apart from the outstanding lack of self awareness,take a long hard look in the mirror before making judgement on others.Until the next time somewhere on this forum ta ta.