Sign in to follow this  
splutcho

Aden Flint

Whilst this signing is exactly the type of centre half we should be trying to get, it may not solve the defensive issue.

We need to replace Tettey with a younger combative all round midfielder. Stick this player with Reed in front of the back four and things will start to improve. I know I go on, but Howson and Reed would have been perfect.

But Flint, along with Harlee Dean at Brentford would have been much more effective signings than Franke IMO.

We need a CB, LB, and CDM if we are to move this squad forward. Flint and Raggett could be the answer.....

Or perhaps for this season we could just play Tettey who is at the club rather than trying to replace him?

I sort of get replacing Tettey as he is a high earner, but as is he at the club and hasn''t gone anywhere there is no reason not to play him.

Him & Reed can screen the 2 CBs (although wont exactly help us from free kicks!)

Birmingham just bid £3.5m for Flint according to Sky. He might even be in the team we face in our latest must-win match!

No club will be getting Flint for anything under 5 mill, which for sure rules us out, and should be enough to close this particular thread.

Farke seemed to think we won''t be doing much more if anything at all. I think from what I''ve seen/read that Flint is a good target.

As for Tettey, play him. He''ll be here this season so there''s a waste of time bringing in a replacement unless he''s going elsewhere. He''s a good player, and in my opinion has been really unlucky not to play at the weekend after a very, very good showing in midweek.

Well Mk, that would be interesting, because Sky painted a clear picture earlier...

Boro want Shotton from Birmingham. Fee agreed etc, but wont let Shotton leave until they sign Flint.

I guess we could jump teams in terms of not relying on shipping out before signing a player but we cant seem to compete financially