Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

Is Webber right?

[quote user="Donkey dangler"][quote user="Horse Renoir"]Introduce a safe standing area. Price those tickets 20% less than seating ones.

[/quote]

Given the demand and the cost of providing a safe standing area, the price should command a premium not a discount.[/quote]Good post Tangie.

[quote user="Donkey dangler"][quote user="Mello Yello"]Yup, Mr Webber is totally correct, and I also believe that it''s entirely the NCFC supporters'' fault that the club hasn''t achieved promotion, or made the play-offs.......

All them fan''s do is turn up an'' pick nose, mumble, gripe, grunt, snort, fart, cough, sneeze, wheeze, whine an'' belch.......an'' stare at their iphone, Samsung, LG etc, etc......

At games, we should be like them people clappin'' an'' singin'' in unison in Queen''s Radio Gaga video.....

Give them lousy supporters'' an ultimatum Mr Webber......Be a true fan - or don''t bother coming to Carra!......''HUZZAH!''[/quote]

BTW., how much noise is coming from the Directors box?

Lead from the front Mr Webber![/quote]Good post Tangie.

[quote user="Donkey dangler"][quote user="Rogue Baboon"]What grounds do have a good atmosphere these days?

I can''t think of that many off the top of my head[/quote]

Wherever Iceland play.[/quote]Good post Tangie.

[quote user="Donkey dangler"][quote user="king canary"]Some practical solutions -

If Webber wants people getting a bit drunk and then louder perhaps serve some half decent beer instead of paying £4 for a bottle of horrible Carling.

Secondly I''d turn the PA down a bit. The goal music, the ridiculously overdramatic classical piece that plays just before we come out and the forced ''OTBC'' at the start leads to an artificial atmosphere that can''t be kept up when play starts.

Finally (and I know this is a bit gimmicky) get a drum in there. I''ve been to a couple of Cambridge United this season as they are now my local team and the drum they have helps immensely. It keeps rhythm and helps start chants when things go a bit quiet.[/quote]

I was agreeing with you up to your point about the drum.

Please no drum.

Can the announcer also stop thanking us for our fantastic support when it hasn''t been fantastic![/quote]Good post Tangie.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Donkey dangler"][quote user="Mike "]Also maybe do less interviews like The Times special.... that made everyone want to get behind our club...[/quote]

That was football''s equivalent of the Rattner moment.[/quote]Good post Tangie.[/quote]Well said.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Donkey dangler"]For more information on Ratner''s comments about his business:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2014/aug/22/gerald-ratner-jewellery-total-crap-1992-archive[/quote]Good post Tangie.[/quote]Well said.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Donkey dangler"][quote user="Yellowhammer"]The atmosphere in the seventies was excellent we were louder than most grounds ,then seats were put in and prices raised ,stopping many fans coming due to cost ,then the hotel wrecked the ground splitting the stands ,the atmosphere has been killed by outpricing the ordinary fan who would be more willing to sing and replacing them with a more reserved type fan .many people who used to go every week can''t afford the prices charged these days[/quote]

I agree the price of watching football has gone OTT.[/quote]Good post Tangie.[/quote]Well said.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Donkey dangler"][quote user="CANARYKING"]I think it''s a two way process, the team can raise the crowd and vice versa.

WHAT WE DON''T NEED IS A BLOODY DRUM !!!![/quote]

We could always have another:

LET''s BE HAVIN'' YOU! moment[/quote]Good post Tangie.[/quote]Well said.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Donkey dangler"][quote user="Horse Renoir"]Introduce a safe standing area. Price those tickets 20% less than seating ones.

[/quote]

Given the demand and the cost of providing a safe standing area, the price should command a premium not a discount.[/quote]Good post Tangie.[/quote]Well said.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Donkey dangler"][quote user="Mello Yello"]Yup, Mr Webber is totally correct, and I also believe that it''s entirely the NCFC supporters'' fault that the club hasn''t achieved promotion, or made the play-offs.......

All them fan''s do is turn up an'' pick nose, mumble, gripe, grunt, snort, fart, cough, sneeze, wheeze, whine an'' belch.......an'' stare at their iphone, Samsung, LG etc, etc......

At games, we should be like them people clappin'' an'' singin'' in unison in Queen''s Radio Gaga video.....

Give them lousy supporters'' an ultimatum Mr Webber......Be a true fan - or don''t bother coming to Carra!......''HUZZAH!''[/quote]

BTW., how much noise is coming from the Directors box?

Lead from the front Mr Webber![/quote]Good post Tangie.[/quote]Well said.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Donkey dangler"][quote user="Rogue Baboon"]What grounds do have a good atmosphere these days?

I can''t think of that many off the top of my head[/quote]

Wherever Iceland play.[/quote]Good post Tangie.[/quote]Well said.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Donkey dangler"][quote user="king canary"]Some practical solutions -

If Webber wants people getting a bit drunk and then louder perhaps serve some half decent beer instead of paying £4 for a bottle of horrible Carling.

Secondly I''d turn the PA down a bit. The goal music, the ridiculously overdramatic classical piece that plays just before we come out and the forced ''OTBC'' at the start leads to an artificial atmosphere that can''t be kept up when play starts.

Finally (and I know this is a bit gimmicky) get a drum in there. I''ve been to a couple of Cambridge United this season as they are now my local team and the drum they have helps immensely. It keeps rhythm and helps start chants when things go a bit quiet.[/quote]

I was agreeing with you up to your point about the drum.

Please no drum.

Can the announcer also stop thanking us for our fantastic support when it hasn''t been fantastic![/quote]Good post Tangie.[/quote]Well said.

Some staggering irony from you here til- complaining about trolling and saying ''no looking back'' before all of this nonsense.

[quote user="Yellowhammer"]The atmosphere in the seventies was excellent we were louder than most grounds ,then seats were put in and prices raised ,stopping many fans coming due to cost ,then the hotel wrecked the ground splitting the stands ,the atmosphere has been killed by outpricing the ordinary fan who would be more willing to sing and replacing them with a more reserved type fan .many people who used to go every week can''t afford the prices charged these days[/quote]

Spot on....

[quote user="Mike "][quote user="Yellowhammer"]The atmosphere in the seventies was excellent we were louder than most grounds ,then seats were put in and prices raised ,stopping many fans coming due to cost ,then the hotel wrecked the ground splitting the stands ,the atmosphere has been killed by outpricing the ordinary fan who would be more willing to sing and replacing them with a more reserved type fan .many people who used to go every week can''t afford the prices charged these days[/quote]

Spot on....[/quote]Totally agree.  The introduction of seats killed the atmosphere in football grounds up and down the country, and has continued to do so.

Agreed, but crowd behaviour at the time, with Hillsborough and Heysall being the worst examples, meant that having thousands reeling around on the terraces had become a dangerous scenario.

The waves at the River End were frightening. One moment you were standing half way up the terrace, goal mouth action and you ended up a quarter of the way up if not lower.

Elf and Safety officers would have a collective seizure at the sight nowadays. My recollection is as a young teenager and I was never damaged. Nobody seemed to be, but never again.

Times have changed.

Why on earth the powers that be do not sanction safe standing areas is beyond me.

It seems an obvious next step.