Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

Another poorly researched article on the Pink Un!

Says Gunn was home grown like Green and Marshall in the story about Declan Rudd, I thought he was signed from Aberdeen!

The article was written by Archant''s head of sport Chris Lakey as well. Tut tut Chris !

if my memory is correct to get him down here from Aberdeen to sign

the only available flight they could get was the royal mail plane with parcels to Norwich so he got on that and came down to sign

No private jets for players then !!

"For a club that has a terrific reputation for the quality of

its goalkeeping ranks, there is a paucity of home-grown products: Rob

Green is the last.

Before him it was Andy Marshall.

And before him? Well, it was another Gunn, Bryan. We have come full circle, sort of."

It must have been Gunn''s broad Norfolk accent that confused him. [:S]

What a div. [:''(]

[quote user="norfolkngood"]if my memory is correct to get him down here from Aberdeen to sign

the only available flight they could get was the royal mail plane with parcels to Norwich so he got on that and came down to sign

No private jets for players then !![/quote]My memory is that was Stringer going up to Scotland sign Fleck, or bringing him down to Norfolk, but that may be wrong.

[quote user="Kidderminster Exile"]I Think Gunn and Fleck arrived by train at Norwich Station, I recall a photo of the pair in EDP or Pinkun, am 99% sure[/quote]Gunn signed in October 1986 and Fleck in December 1987.

Slightly OT is is a sign of how things are that Gunn is happy for his son to return here and similarly Chris Hughton is happy to return with Brighton.Neither really caused any problems and I''m sure their intentions were for the best.It is also good to see so many ex players etc are still involved with the club, not for any suggested skills, but as a measure of how well the club is thought of.There may be some who would want to club bought by Wun Hung lo, and we are suddenly throwing the millions about like confetti at a wedding, but I am happy as we are. A club whose owners are still various shareholders scattered around the county and whose managing and coaching staff are close enough to meet and talk with fans (upcoming social).Little ole Norwich ? That''ll do me. A football club having a good go. Rather than a tax avoidance scheme or some ''foreigners'' play thing.