Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

Reasons to sack Alex Neil

[quote user="Morgan"]Didn''t seem to bust a gut on Friday. Kept slipping all over the pitch, trying to get past his men instead of making the sensible pass, not tracking back to defend, looked like a damp squib. Which brings back Hogesar''s comments about Neil and his coaching team''s inability to nurture the talent they have at their disposal.[/quote]To balance that, if you have ever played, and you''re in a terrible run of form, and you''re in a game where you think "I don''t think we''re going to get anything here" its like you have lead in your boots.You''re more likely to see it in young players, too.

Yep I get that, and I have played as Left-Back (no puns plz), you could apply your notion to many things when a team is taking a dip. Even Pinto, normally such a positive player, looked agitated, did you see the boot he put into the Huddersfield player on the floor, I think, just before half time? I was like "we''ll be down to 10 men". Lucky to get away with that.

I just look at players like Brady and the twins and I don''t feel they''ve been making as much progress as their respective bright starts hinted at and didn''t Colney get upgraded over the summer?

If a player thinks he is not good enough or thinks he is likely to make a mistake, then he is likely to make a mistake. It''s a self fulfilling prophecy.

You have squad of players that lack confidence and have no confidence in the manager to give them confidence. Lambert was a master of making average players play well, because he made them feel good, feel wanted. Even when a player got subbed, he made them feel a strong part of the team.

Those days have long gone, but all I hope is that this vicious circle can come to an end, but has no chance to under AN.

[quote user="Morgan"]Yep I get that, and I have played as Left-Back (no puns plz), you could apply your notion to many things when a team is taking a dip. Even Pinto, normally such a positive player, looked agitated, did you see the boot he put into the Huddersfield player on the floor, I think, just before half time? I was like "we''ll be down to 10 men". Lucky to get away with that.

I just look at players like Brady and the twins and I don''t feel they''ve been making as much progress as their respective bright starts hinted at and didn''t Colney get upgraded over the summer?[/quote]I think when you are mentally fragile, as a team, you can be as positive as you like, but when things start not going your way, it can all go wrong very quickly. Brady, probably wants away, if you believe the rumours. Yeah, Pinto didn''t have his best game, but for the reasons above, maybe coupled with a bit of tiredness perhaps, with the amount of games, and the fact he''s just back from injury.Brady I would call closer to the finished product, and I wouldn''t expect to see that much progress, Jacob is starting virtually every game, I''d call that progress.

I don''t think so many players should be in this poor form to limit AN''s options so much - and if they are all in such bad form then it comes back to him and his coaches.

People have cited an ageing team which is true to an extent, it''s not an excuse and if we''re getting the fitness of players correct, and training and coaching correct, many of our players shouldn''t be on a downwards spiral yet.

Dorrans - 29

Howson - 28

Olsson - 28

Klose - 28

Bennett - 26

Pinto - 26

These are all players who should be in or reaching their prime yet few, if any, have improved over their time under AN, which is concerning. A club like ours needs to be able to develop players as we can''t purchase the finished article - youngsters is one thing and thankfully we''ve got a couple coming into the first team picture and that''s a positive - but we should also be looking to improve the players above too

The match stats from Friday don''t seem to bear any relation to what people seem to have seen. I remember Jacob making tackles. I remember Norwich making the most chances. Having the most shots. It just goes to show that it''s gone way beyond judging performances on the pitch. It''s all about results now. And scapegoats. 

That''s pretty blinkered Nutty, did you make the first half? We were outclassed and lucky to only be 2-1 down, the second half Huddersfield did the job AN can''t do, stop us from scoring!

[quote user="Indy"]That''s pretty blinkered Nutty, did you make the first half? We were outclassed and lucky to only be 2-1 down, the second half Huddersfield did the job AN can''t do, stop us from scoring![/quote]
It''s not blinkered. I think Jacob made tackles and interceptions in the first half. Second half I couldn''t see so well from my vantage point.
On the play overall a draw was probably a fair result. But Huddersfield were awesome for the first hour. 

We didn''t deserve the draw, they deserved the win they got, their team was set up, organised and played some fantastic pass and move football in the first half.

[quote user="Indy"]We didn''t deserve the draw, they deserved the win they got, their team was set up, organised and played some fantastic pass and move football in the first half.[/quote]
They had a 20% conversion rate of their attempts and we had 5%. They couldn''t have argued if we''d scored in the last 20 minutes. But for an hour they bossed us. 

We didn''t and if my auntie had a penis she''d be my uncle! If and but and statistics!

I think it''s your view that''s blinkered Indy. It''s strange earlier in the season when we let teams back in it for the last twenty minutes we were considered lucky to win...
But that''s it really. Some people can see the positives from each game and others just see the negatives. I guess there''s a middle way but I never see it on here...

[quote user="hogesar"]I don''t think so many players should be in this poor form to limit AN''s options so much - and if they are all in such bad form then it comes back to him and his coaches.

People have cited an ageing team which is true to an extent, it''s not an excuse and if we''re getting the fitness of players correct, and training and coaching correct, many of our players shouldn''t be on a downwards spiral yet.

Dorrans - 29

Howson - 28

Olsson - 28

Klose - 28

Bennett - 26

Pinto - 26

These are all players who should be in or reaching their prime yet few, if any, have improved over their time under AN, which is concerning. A club like ours needs to be able to develop players as we can''t purchase the finished article - youngsters is one thing and thankfully we''ve got a couple coming into the first team picture and that''s a positive - but we should also be looking to improve the players above too[/quote]

6 key players at a very good age. If the rest of the team is made up of a few younger players around 20-23, the balance would be perfect.

I think it''s worthwhile relating to Chelsea. Basically the same squad as last year, not particularly young either, but performing this year on another level. I believe the right manger could turn us around very quickly. We''re going no where with AN.

What planet you on? It''s not seeing it one way or the other, we lost!

I couldn''t give a toss about luck, it''s about making changes to get the result, let me say again, only once this season have we come from behind, twice in two seasons.

You can stand and clap away like young Tom for all I care, I see positives when they are there, to push on Bassong two up top is admitting you got it wrong!

Carry on arguing all you like but that''s enough from me, I''m watching the footy!

[quote user="Indy"]What planet you on? It''s not seeing it one way or the other, we lost!

I couldn''t give a toss about luck, it''s about making changes to get the result, let me say again, only once this season have we come from behind, twice in two seasons.

You can stand and clap away like young Tom for all I care, I see positives when they are there, to push on Bassong two up top is admitting you got it wrong!

Carry on arguing all you like but that''s enough from me, I''m watching the footy![/quote]
It''s not good for you to stamp those little tootsies and get all angry Indy. Think of your BP.
In your world there would be no need for Rickyyyyy''s match reports. Once the result is in that''s everything sorted. Doesn''t make for good discussion though....