Sign in to follow this  
Green and Yellow fellow

Nigel Pearson

Has been appointed manager of Derby County. Another team in the last two seasons which has made progress in the Championship. Next season is really turning into a tough one with two managers who have won the Champions League and Pearson who had two successful seasons with Leicester. Jimmy Floyd Hasslebaink also had a couple of great seasons at Burton and now has his first pre-season at QPR. Makes me wonder who will be the first manager in the Championship to get fired next season.

From an outsiders point of view though Alex Neil took over a decent Championship side who we''re one of the favorites to gain promotion, did so and got relegated. They don''t get to see his honesty and bullish determination as much as we do though and that is why we love him, but I guess you couldn''t blame others for thinking Alex Neil might not get us back to the PL at the first time of asking.

The proven Paul Lambert and Bolton failure Neil Lennon are both without clubs and could be waiting for a fancied club to struggle and sack the manager.....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]The proven Paul Lambert and Bolton failure Neil Lennon are both without clubs and could be waiting for a fancied club to struggle and sack the manager.....[/quote]
[:D] Good call Nutty; I must check out the fancied clubs in the Conference and Leagues 1 and 2 ............. [;)]

Should have approached Nigel Pearson months ago and sacked Alex Neill before Christmas. I am sure Nigel Pearson would have come to Norwich if we had made an effort to approach him, surely Norwich could afforded to employ Nigel Pearson.

Delia & Michael''s pathetic attitude makes me angry - because that they refused to go and look for a better manager when Norwich were losing so many games before getting relegated. Swansea & Southampton & Crystal Palace have clever people who govern & run their football clubs. They went and looked in for top managers and their clubs have had success & survived in the PL because their owners were willing to make the effort to find good managers.

I just can''t understand why Alex Neill should be allowed to have a free ride & keep his job - while our club continues to drop. How low will Delia & Michael allow our club to drop? How long will they allow this muppet AN to keep losing games? If Norwich fail to go up and stay in the championship - then it will just go to show we have wasted 2 years with Alex Neill and our club has gone backwards.

I honestly can''t see how under Alex Neill & his management - I can''t see how he is going to take us forward as a club? It seems we have no standards and allow this moron to take our club into a downward spiral and yet there are no consequences for Alex Neill failing to motivate our players to win games. Sorry I but feel like our club is a mess....

[quote user="Green and Yellow fellow"]Has been appointed manager of Derby County. Another team in the last two seasons which has made progress in the Championship. Next season is really turning into a tough one with two managers who have won the Champions League and Pearson who had two successful seasons with Leicester. Jimmy Floyd Hasslebaink also had a couple of great seasons at Burton and now has his first pre-season at QPR. Makes me wonder who will be the first manager in the Championship to get fired next season.[/quote]
Whoever ends up in charge of Leeds.