Sign in to follow this  
Countryside Canary

Possible Hull takeover

[quote user="Ron Manager"]Ta Purple. 👍[/quote]I like to mix informative, non-controversial posts in with the incendiary ones...[;)]

Is it as basic as , there have been informal enquiries, and no formal ones, and that Delia, because she has the long term interests of the Club at heart (as opposed to only look to gain financially) that it has never got further than that?

If so, I like that

As said before we will never know if anyone has looked at the club and been turned away before getting anywhere near to looking at the books. All I am saying is it would be strange for no one to look at us. The fact people keep raising is we are not in London. If it''s true hull are being considered by 3 foreign owners, Leicester are thai and on and on it doesn''t seem to be a problem. I talk to my Watford friend every Sunday and despite their loving of changing manager he couldn''t be happier. They have built up the ground and England are training at their training ground as it has better facilities than Arsenal who are just over a hedge. Were they lucky and will this continue I don''t know. Nor does he but he''s very happy at the moment. They spent £12 million on players in January who were loaned straight out and will be back for this season. As I have said sometimes it works sometimes it doesn''t but where are we going. I can''t believe no one foreign or not has wanted to buy us rather than hull. I love this club and am yellow for ever just would love to see us move forwards and to do that we need money.

[quote user="Canaries north"]As said before we will never know if anyone has looked at the club and been turned away before getting anywhere near to looking at the books. All I am saying is it would be strange for no one to look at us. The fact people keep raising is we are not in London. If it''s true hull are being considered by 3 foreign owners, Leicester are thai and on and on it doesn''t seem to be a problem. I talk to my Watford friend every Sunday and despite their loving of changing manager he couldn''t be happier. They have built up the ground and England are training at their training ground as it has better facilities than Arsenal who are just over a hedge. Were they lucky and will this continue I don''t know. Nor does he but he''s very happy at the moment. They spent £12 million on players in January who were loaned straight out and will be back for this season. As I have said sometimes it works sometimes it doesn''t but where are we going. I can''t believe no one foreign or not has wanted to buy us rather than hull. I love this club and am yellow for ever just would love to see us move forwards and to do that we need money.[/quote]True, but anyone so rejected can go public with their proposal. That in effect is what Cullum did. He got nowhere because his proposal was a bad one and his attempt to sell it to fans an object lesson in how not to go about doing that. The test would be an excellent and well-presented proposal.

[quote user="Canaries north"]hull are being considered by 3 foreign owners, Leicester are thai......I can''t believe no one foreign or not has wanted to buy us rather than hull. I love this club and am yellow for ever just would love to see us move forwards and to do that we need money.[/quote]For every Hull and Leicester there is a Leeds or Blackpool.Blackpool ''moved forwards'' when they got foreign investment in 2006 reaching the Premier League in 2010. Now they find themselves in League Two, fans protesting, court battles raging (including fans being sued) and a boardroom at war. Just look at this club statement issued today on their official site.........http://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-3130421.aspxThis follows action taken by their "foreign investor" a few months back......http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-34268761Meanwhile, at Leeds........http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/confused-cellino-could-face-ban-this-week-over-leeds-united-s-mccormack-deal-1-7939075Both clubs with foreign investors but in utter turmoil.

As I said some worked and some don''t. Yes we have to find the right people. Easier said than done but the Leeds chairman was so wrong from word go. We all could see that going wrong. If we have dreams of being a stable premiership team then we have to find the right owners. Not easy but they are out there.

We should court Robert Carter. He has more bunce than Delia and could knock us up a new stadium on the cheap.

Food for thought from Tom : -

"I wholeheartedly share Delia and Michael''s passion for this Football Club, for its brilliant fans and for the values which underpin everything that it does. Football has the capacity to be an incredible force for good in this country and I''m proud to be part of a club which works so hard to serve its supporters and to generate a positive impact in the wider community."Read more at http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/norwich-city-board-directors-stephen-fry-tom-smith-2909237.aspx#4ZxXfiaQTT9hL7vO.99

How important are those values to posters on here?

Those values are undoubtably commendable and no City fan would disagree. Some might however question what tangible benefit the man himself brings to the Board of a football club.

That statement seemed more about what he would bring as a custodian. A lot of people seem obsessed with running the club but surely that''s what the CE and executive directors do.