Sign in to follow this  
Thisisbabyish

Buy-Back Scheme

Has anyone had any experience using the clubs buy-back scheme, looks like I''m going to miss the Leicester and West Brom games due to work so wondered if anyone had advice on shifting spare tickets (lower barclay)

Had a quick look on the official site but there isn''t much info on the scheme, basically just says we will try and sell your ticket once we are sold out. Does anyone have an idea of the price the club gives?

Any info no matter how optimistic or pessimistic greatly appreciated!

[quote user="Thisisbabyish"]Has anyone had any experience using the clubs buy-back scheme, looks like I''m going to miss the Leicester and West Brom games due to work so wondered if anyone had advice on shifting spare tickets (lower barclay)

Had a quick look on the official site but there isn''t much info on the scheme, basically just says we will try and sell your ticket once we are sold out. Does anyone have an idea of the price the club gives?

Any info no matter how optimistic or pessimistic greatly appreciated![/quote]It certainly works as a scheme! You get money back towards your next season ticket. I cannot remember how much per game (I think there may be a sliding scale based on what category of match) but given  our full houses your seat is likely to get sold both times.

Pretty certain I got £20 back for the one time I used the scheme which was two years ago. My seat is upper Barclay so guess would be similar price to yours.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]Pretty certain I got £20 back for the one time I used the scheme which was two years ago. My seat is upper Barclay so guess would be similar price to yours.[/quote]

Nice little bonus earner for the club, buy a ticket back for £20, sell it on to a casual for £40.  [^o)]   

Did you have a pair of tickets going that time when you got £20? I ask as I am pretty sure it''s only ten pounds per ticket on the buy-back scheme.

You can easily get £20 to £25 quid for your season ticket off of a friend, friend of a friend or colleague at work. I never have any problems shifting vacant seats and it all goes towards paying for my season ticket this year. I believe its works out at about £20 to £25 if you divide your season ticket price by 19 or so games.

Some people frown upon this, but I only sell to people i know or have met.

[quote user="Lewis Esquire"]Did you have a pair of tickets going that time when you got £20? I ask as I am pretty sure it''s only ten pounds per ticket on the buy-back scheme.

You can easily get £20 to £25 quid for your season ticket off of a friend, friend of a friend or colleague at work. I never have any problems shifting vacant seats and it all goes towards paying for my season ticket this year. I believe its works out at about £20 to £25 if you divide your season ticket price by 19 or so games.

Some people frown upon this, but I only sell to people i know or have met.[/quote]

[Y]Best way imo.  I''ve bought several tickets from people on here and it''s good value and helps both the season ticket holder and the buyer. 

Be a bit careful with this and make a note of when you use the scheme. I have two relatives who''ve used it and both have been short changed when it came to credits towards their next season ticket.I think the most they pay is £20 and that''s only for the top opposition. Again be warned that if you do sell your ticket back to the club they don''t seem too fussy who buys it so it can end up being purchased by the opposition. That happened when Chelsea last came to town and it caused a bit of grief to the season ticket holder when he went to the following home match as the supporters around him thought he''d sold it to a Chelsea mate.

I''ve used the scheme for several seasons and have never been paid more than £10 for any ticket sold. I have never seen the price that the club gives back in print anywhere and I will be rather annoyed if the club is paying £20 to other season ticket holders. My seat is almost on the half way line in the Jarrold so is a top price casual ticket.

[quote user="Mutley"]I''ve used the scheme for several seasons and have never been paid more than £10 for any ticket sold. I have never seen the price that the club gives back in print anywhere and I will be rather annoyed if the club is paying £20 to other season ticket holders. My seat is almost on the half way line in the Jarrold so is a top price casual ticket.[/quote]I sit in the same place as you in the Jarrold and on the rare occasions I can''t go I''ve always managed to off-load my spare to a friend as do others who sit near me. We''re all happy enough to sell them at the season ticket rate or thereabouts so you''d do better that way but there''s always the problem of getting the ticket back afterwards.I think they only decide what to offer when they realise the demand. Can''t be certain but I think they paid £20 a few times last season and certainly did when we were last in the Premier League playing the top sides.For the sell-out matches they normally send out begging e-mails with the line that they don''t want any City fans to miss out but as LDC pointed out the bottom line is it''s a nice little earner for them. Apart from that there seems to be no guarantee that an away fan won''t buy it anyway.