Sign in to follow this  
unique

Bournemouth's goal against Leicester

I was watching that game and the commentator said something about the new rule regarding overhead kicks didn''t apply... Was that a sarcastic remark or is there some directive this season I hadn''t heard about???

On Soccer Saturday, Jeff Stelling pointed out that if Wilson''s goal had been scored at Carrow Road it wouldn''t have counted. Cue sarcastic chuckling from the pundit panel.

I can just imagine Simon hooper, sitting on his sofa last night. Watching match of the day, as he always does.

The overhead kick comes on and he bursts up from his chair, the slanket and small vodka and Orange go flying across the room and its revealed he''s in his referee outfit and he starts brandishing a red card and furiously peeping his whistle at the screen.

Alas, the goal is given. He slowly moaps back to his original position and begins to weep. He dries his tears with some of the pile of cash he recieved from a South East Asia betting syndicate and he''s been sitting next to.

I spotted that too King Canary he runs off to celebrate then you see him stop, look at the ref then starts to celebrate again.

Good thing is though Hooper has rapidly dropped down the leagues. He got a few championship games after us then dropped to league two last weekend. Found his level I think.

The sad thing is, the only difference between the two goals is that Palace defender Joel Ward tried to clear Jerome''s overhead kick with head, and a Leicester player didn''t.I''d be surprised if we are on the receiving end of a decision as bad as that for the rest of the season.