Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

What is the strategy?

[quote user="lake district canary"]And so it goes on. Fill your boots, folks, you might as well, however, the op stands for itself - a question about football and what we should look forward to next season.   It is supposed to be a football forum, after all......

[/quote]Despite your best attempts to turn it into "The Lake District Canary Show".......

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"]And so it goes on. Fill your boots, folks, you might as well, however, the op stands for itself - a question about football and what we should look forward to next season.   It is supposed to be a football forum, after all......[/quote]Despite your best attempts to turn it into "The Lake District Canary Show".......[/quote]Not so. Why? Because I respond to people who reply?   I know. I''m supposed to let people like bor walk all over me without replying. Yeah, I  understand that.  You types want it all your own way. Its ever been thus.    However, it was a genuine thread. No need for the childishness that followed.  Not my doing.

I''ll admit i only clicked this thresd because i wanted a laugh and felt Bor would deliver. I wasnt disappointed.

Anyway, taking the op seriously, i never felt Hughton tried to balance. The team was never set up to take advantage of counter attacks which were the only times we''d have space to exploit.

This season I think we have more power and pace than any of Hughtons era. That should help us in counter attacking scenarios. Do we have the players to play a patient, possession retention style? Not sure.

Wow this has turned into a right old witch hunt. Leave it out guys, is it fashionable to mock the poor guy or something at the moment? Perhaps it will be my turn next month?

We are all Norwich fans for Christ''s sake, save your abuse for idiots like postman king or that insufferable Dundee guy. We all come here to take football and talk about Norwich for one reason or another so can we just leave it at that?

Sick of this bullying culture that has crept into the forum recently. You do realise that just because you can hide behind a keyboard, it doesn''t make the abuse any less real, there is a real man with real feelings behind LDC so leave it out.

If you don''t find what he posts interwsting then just ignore it but for gods sake he is just as entitled to post about Norwich City as we all are.

Anyway, to answer the original question, Neil has stated we will mainly work with what we have with 4 or 5 quality additions. I expect business to be prompt and more or less done by mid July and we won''t get caught up much in the deadline day madness spare for the odd creative loan player that might become available.

It''s got to be less about how attacking or defensive we''ll be, more about how well we keep the ball. Too often we''ve lost the ball via over-optimistic crossing when we can''t get through the middle.Rather than trying to batter sides all the time, we need to pick our moments and use a variety of attacking moves to avoid being too predictable. We don''t have to play at 100mph all game and should look to slow things down when necessary.But overall, ball retention is a weakness that has appeared far too often.

Sorry, I just don''t see what LDC''s heinous crime was. He''s happy & optimistic, has a reasonable command of the English language, & doesn''t spout any more cliche ridden tripe than any of the other posters here (& in many cases less). If you think his stuff is boring & sententious, then ignore it. I don''t understand the problem.

[quote user="ron obvious"]Sorry, I just don''t see what LDC''s heinous crime was. He''s happy & optimistic, has a reasonable command of the English language, & doesn''t spout any more cliche ridden tripe than any of the other posters here (& in many cases less). If you think his stuff is boring & sententious, then ignore it. I don''t understand the problem.[/quote]

[:D]      Bor''s reply to the op set things rolling on this thread and the time and effort he put into writing his reply, with his listing of all the cliches ending with "tedious brainfart" comment at the end, is just forum heavy handed forum bullying.   [quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]
And as a free service, I will list the clichés you used in your dismal thread starter:
We''ve done it. Woo hoo! But what now?   Do we go for it  an attacking mind setI am hoping against hope 
we really go for it
show no fear 
results go against us. 
at all costs 
far from it
at all costs (x2)
work his magic 
without fear
bad patches
By the way, the answer to your latest tedious brainfart is "be patient, wait and see."  You''ll like that cliché.
[/quote]

Like Ron says - reply in good faith or ignore.  I wouldn''t have written this post now, but he''s been at it again this morning on another thread that I haven''t even replied to.   Most of the time I find his contributions humourous and maybe others find him funny in this case, but forum bullying like this is just sad - and it encourages others to jump in on the bandwagon.   Frankly, he should know better.

[quote user="Wes Hooly Fan"]We''ve been through this time and time again. Here''s the routine:-

1) LDC creates a thread containing cliches and little footballing sense and opinion. In this thread will be a dig at fellow supporters or a line or two to create negative debate.

2) Fellow posters analyse the post and come to the conclusion it is more drivel spouted by an attention seeker.

3) LDC complains of being victimised.

4) Other posters point out the hypocrisy.

5) LDC enjoys the attention he''s getting.

6) Pages and pages of bickering and LDC whining.

7) Repeat ad nauseam[/quote]Looks like we are somewhere between 3 and 4.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]I replied in good faith on page 2 but it has mysteriously been ignored.[/quote]Yeah, right. You have your fun. Underneath the thin veil of humour you put out, you''re just a forum bully and all you have done is encourage others to jump on the bandwagon. Well done. Go to the top of the class. 

You know, humour is in the eye of the beholder. Bullying is in the eye of the target.  If my op was poor or boring, which is fair enough if so, all you had to do was ignore it.   Instead, you made yourself look a ****.  Whatever turns you on.