Sign in to follow this  
Sebastian Asspong

If we don't go up.

Everyone is saying if we don''t go up we may be stuck if the championship for a while but i think we''ll go up next year. Teams coming down down seem a huge threat. QPR are in a right mess now and Burnley will have to get rid of most of their good players. Also i think Hull will be relegated also who i think are no threat to us. So i think we''d be up there and i think we''d be the best team up there. Also yes we''d have to sell a few players but AN is not stupid. He will make sure he gets as much money as possible for each sale. Plus i think he''ll bring in some decent players. So even though i think we''ll definitely go up this year, it wouldn,t be the worst thing if we didn''t (As long as we''re not knocked out by 1p5wich!)

If we don''t go up it will be more difficult to get up the next year, and the year after that...the money runs out, the players go with every failure. We need to get up, end of.

[quote user="Sebastian Asspong"]Everyone is saying if we don''t go up we may be stuck if the championship for a while but I think we''ll go up next year. Teams coming down down seem a huge threat. QPR are in a right mess now and Burnley will have to get rid of most of their good players. Also i think Hull will be relegated also who i think are no threat to us. So i think we''d be up there and i think we''d be the best team up there. Also yes we''d have to sell a few players but AN is not stupid. He will make sure he gets as much money as possible for each sale. Plus i think he''ll bring in some decent players. So even though I think we''ll definitely go up this year it wouldn,t be the worst thing if we didn''t (As long as we''re not knocked out by 1p5wich!)[/quote]

Sorry but you have confused me with your thoughts.

The squad will unwind as we struggle to reduce materially the wage bill as we do not have the benefit of rich owners to underwrite new debt. We shall, once again, spend years in the wilderness of the championship if, and until, new money can be brought into the club. Beating Ipswich on Saturday and Boro the week after is a much better plan.

mrs miggins wrote the following post at 10/05/2015 7:54 PM:

If we don''t go up it will be more difficult to get up the next year, and the year after that...the money runs out, the players go with every failure. We need to get up, end of

No this cannot be true - we will still be left with the nucleus of Adams signings supported by the Woolf

Woolf

Vardis

Grandles

Lafery

San Miquel

No one else will want them - there are £17M worth of quality to build a team around

At some point in the next few seasons we''ll go up and at some point a few seasons after that we''ll come down again. That''s just the reality of the size club we are.

Although I agree that we should be one of the favourites next season you just never know what this league will serve up until your eating it.

A side promoted from League One could have a stormer like we did. A side who strikes it lucky by a hiring a new manager who is the perfect fit - like Watford could run away with it. Burnley, QPR and Hull could perform far better than Cardiff and Fulham.

I wouldn''t be confident of securing promotion next season if we fail this time round ... Look at the recent league table positions of Derby and Brighton.

The two best footballing sides got promotion this season by sticking to their footballing philosophies and improving season after season. Brentford have done the same and managed to get in the final mix. Derby just missed out perhaps because of injuries, the unusually high number of challengers this season and bad luck.I don''t think it''s a case of now or never with Norwich. If we don''t make it this season then we should be able to build even if we lose a couple of players. It would be an opportunity to make the team better and put up a better challenge, as was the case with the two automatically promoted teams.Not going up this season would be a scenario where we would see exactly how good Alex Neil is as a manager. Is he just good at raising the level of an underperforming team, or can he actually build a proper footballing side?As shown on Saturday, we''re still haunted by the ghosts of Hughton and Adams, and there''s a lot of room for improvement. Alex Neil deserves the best part of the next season to show us what he can do should we fail to get promotion.

[quote user="93vintage"]The two best footballing sides got promotion this season by sticking to their footballing philosophies and improving season after season. Brentford have done the same and managed to get in the final mix. Derby just missed out perhaps because of injuries, the unusually high number of challengers this season and bad luck.I don''t think it''s a case of now or never with Norwich. If we don''t make it this season then we should be able to build even if we lose a couple of players. It would be an opportunity to make the team better and put up a better challenge, as was the case with the two automatically promoted teams.Not going up this season would be a scenario where we would see exactly how good Alex Neil is as a manager. Is he just good at raising the level of an underperforming team, or can he actually build a proper footballing side?As shown on Saturday, we''re still haunted by the ghosts of Hughton and Adams, and there''s a lot of room for improvement. Alex Neil deserves the best part of the next season to show us what he can do should we fail to get promotion.[/quote]

Good post.  Agree totally with that.  It will be fantastic if we get up, but even if we don''t, next season we will see what an AN team can really do.

[quote user="Newton"]mrs miggins wrote the following post at 10/05/2015 7:54 PM: If we don''t go up it will be more difficult to get up the next year, and the year after that...the money runs out, the players go with every failure. We need to get up, end of No this cannot be true - we will still be left with the nucleus of Adams signings supported by the Woolf Woolf Vardis Grandles Lafery San Miquel No one else will want them - there are £17M worth of quality to build a team around[/quote]

Don''t you get fed up printing the same tosh on thread after thread Newton ? I would have more faith in Victor Meldrew acting as a cheerleader next Saturday.

In essence, I agree that the three likely relegated teams (including Hull) don''t look very strong at all. I don''t fancy either of the three to mount a serious promotion challenge, so I think it''d be us, Derby, Forest and Boro (if they stayed down too) that would mount the most serious challenge.

If Leeds could finally have an uninterrupted season I think they''d be strong as well but we all know that''s unlikely with that soap opera! Blackburn and Wolves might figure as well.

Newton wrote:

mrs miggins wrote the following post at 10/05/2015 7:54 PM: If we don''t go up it will be more difficult to get up the next year, and the year after that...the money runs out, the players go with every failure. We need to get up, end of No this cannot be true - we will still be left with the nucleus of Adams signings supported by the Woolf Woolf Vardis Grandles Lafery San Miquel No one else will want them - there are £17M worth of quality to build a team around

TIL 1010 wrote the following post at 11/05/2015 10:37 AM:

Newton wrote:

mrs miggins wrote the following post at 10/05/2015 7:54 PM: If we don''t go up it will be more difficult to get up the next year, and the year after that...the money runs out, the players go with every failure. We need to get up, end of No this cannot be true - we will still be left with the nucleus of Adams signings supported by the Woolf Woolf Vardis Grandles Lafery San Miquel No one else will want them - there are £17M worth of quality to build a team around

Don''t you get fed up printing the same tosh on thread after thread Newton ? I would have more faith in Victor Meldrew acting as a cheerleader next Saturday.

Tilly thread is what happens if we dont go up - nothing at all to do with supporting the team on saturday - why dont you check the thread before you post rediculouse irrelevant comments

I recall that you were happy with all Adams summer signings even tho only 2/3 have played a part this season - I then assume you concurr with my view in that in 12 months time if we are still in this division (I hope & pray not) you will be very happy that we will be building a team around the talent detailed above, that no one wants

There could be a couple of dark horse teams who''ll be up there next year, Charlton comes to mind, plus a couple like Fulham who could rejuvinate. But I''d only really rate Derby and Brentford (if they fail to go up) as being good from a footballing point of view, with an honorable mention to Wolves.Of the potentially or actually relegated PL teams, if Newcastle went down then they''d be favourites for a top two spot. Burnley and Hull might be a pain a la Boro with their type of football if they stuck with their bosses. QPR could surprise as they have no worries about money, but I''d reserve judgement until I knew who was in charge and how many players leave them.Hopefully we won''t need to worry about the Championship next season, but depending on the odds I might have a little bite at MK Dons for next year''s top 10 or playoffs. Amongst the mass of ordinariness of recent seasons, quality has tended to rise towards the top.