Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

Alexander Tettey

Sorry if this has been done below and I''ve missed it but think his performance yesterday is worthy of its own thread. Absolutely magnificent and man of the match by a mile in my view. Keep him fit and playing regularly alongside Johnson (who looks like a man possessed of late) and we won''t Ho far wrong. I really feel he''s one of our two or three most important players, not just because he''s an excellent player but because him holding gives the whole team stability and let''s the other midfielders get forward. None of our other midfielders can do that against the better teams.

Totally agree, by far the best we have at the club playing the role he does now. I feel his work goes unnoticed by some fans as he is such a laid back character. His touch in particular, stopping the ball dead and creating space with sublime touch and control.

To me he looks to be very much the complete player in the role he is being asked to play.

He is hard and fair in his tackling, disciplined positionally (most of the time) and what I really like about him is his ability to hold on to the ball, there were occasions yesterday where he was left a bit stranded in posession but had the control and strength to keep it until he was able to lay it off to another yellow shirt.

A great player in the role we have given him.

I must admit I do enjoy seeing him marauding forward through the mid field, box to box, and getting a shot off, but that''s not what he''s being asked to do atm.

He was my man of the match yesterday.

Wolves couldn''t cope with him and, after their tactic to try and get him sent off didn''t work, brought Edwards on at halftime to try and keep him quiet.

He is vital to our continued resurgence and the Brentford game showed this. I hope he stays fit and suspension-free or at least we make sure we have a back up in place.

A Premiership quality player and one of Hughton''s better days in the office.

Pity Bassong, another Premier quality player, couldn''t find the same attitude as Tettey prior to this season kicking off.

Thought Tettey was brilliant. Particularly good to see him coming short and deep to receive the ball and playing it quickly to get moves started.
His performance in his favoured role also helped Howson and in particular Johnson, excel.