Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Wal

The biggest problem?

Yes, we have a strong squad of players for this division.

Three of our most talented players are Hoolahan, Hooper and Redmond but how on earth can we play all three together?

If we play 442 then Wes is too lightweight for a central position and he has been tried so many times wide that we really do not need to go there again.

If we play 4231 or 4141 or 451 then Hooper does not perform as well as a lone striker as has been seen so many times (Preston!).

If we play a conventional diamond Redmond is taken away from his wide position.

The only formation where all three could possibly play is 352 but we do not have good enough defenders for that!

So what is the answer?

Good points raised if I may say so.

i have this thing about our fitness levels. I''m convinced all the teams in contention for top six are fitter than us.

I hope, indeed I''m sure AN recognises that and has alluded to this in interviews.

Get the fitness to a level it should be and that should give him a sound base to eradicate some of your justified fears.

I presumed this thread was about the standard and pricing of the catering at the ground.

I thought Hooper in the ''10'' position sort of worked ok yesterday, but at times, thought he was too deep, but running at defenders, with his pace, is a good thing. Fitness I certainly agree with, and felt that some of our best performances over recent seasons, have been when we have pressed teams, to hurry their passing, forcing errors.

A 3-5-2 system might suit us because we have plenty of central defenders and full backs who are comfortable playing on the wing. It has the potential to be an overall more solid system with plenty of defenders whilst defending and plenty of midfielders whilst attacking. You could either employ two strikers or have one with Hoolahan playing just behind.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]Yes, we have a strong squad of players for this division.

Three of our most talented players are Hoolahan, Hooper and Redmond but how on earth can we play all three together?

If we play 442 then Wes is too lightweight for a central position and he has been tried so many times wide that we really do not need to go there again.

If we play 4231 or 4141 or 451 then Hooper does not perform as well as a lone striker as has been seen so many times (Preston!).

If we play a conventional diamond Redmond is taken away from his wide position.

The only formation where all three could possibly play is 352 but we do not have good enough defenders for that!

So what is the answer?[/quote]I do agree with you Hoolahan is too lightweight. However I think his age and lack of form now makes him an ideal impact sub at this level. Hooper does the second striker role better and Jerome''s pace, strength and goal threat make him an obvious choice to lead the line.Hoolahan won''t get many starts with these two fighting fit I''m afraid.

Not wanting to dig up old ground, but it does highlight how confused some of the transfers were during Hughton''s time. Which turn validates the board''s desire to spread responsibility across a wider group, rather than trusting in one man to take care of everything.

dearie medoes the captain set our ''the field'' with each player assigned his little patch ?of course notthe players move about in relation to where the ball is and where the opposition players are, not some static synchronised swimming set upwatch the clip here and perhaps point out where these absurd formations are in placewhy, when Martin was surging forward, did the players not shuffle themselves around to ensure the formation remained, and what was Martin doing so far out of ''his place'' ?likewise with EVERY other seperate clip... and just as it is when you watch the gameshame some seem unable to

[quote user="City1st"]dearie medoes the captain set our ''the field'' with each player assigned his little patch ?of course notthe players move about in relation to where the ball is and where the opposition players are, not some static synchronised swimming set upwatch the clip here and perhaps point out where these absurd formations are in placewhy, when Martin was surging forward, did the players not shuffle themselves around to ensure the formation remained, and what was Martin doing so far out of ''his place'' ?likewise with EVERY other seperate clip... and just as it is when you watch the gameshame some seem unable to

[/quote]Wait...you''re telling me this isn''t the message board for the Norwich Under 15''s Sychronised swimming team? Where the hell am I?