Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

prepare for the long ride guys

Well today further confirms that we don''t have the consistency to get back to the top 2. We have the quality but no point knowing rocket science if you don''t know 2+2.

Our best hope is a run at the playoffs where it is anyones game. I still think we will get there but there are some players we badly need to ditch and move on from. I have seen us at our worst this season (boro and Preston) and it still seems we are yet to learn from them games. Weak in defence in the centre and down the right and lacklustre on the ball in the opposition half. Turner and Cuellar is an absolute joke. They just looked village for both the goals. Not even going to bother say anymore on Whittaker.

I look forward to seeing what the new boss does before the end of the month. A new right back, centre back, centre mid and natural left winger would be nice.

We''ve been prepared for the long run, firstly, following the non-action in December 2014 and, secondly and of more relevance, since the decision taken by the board in May. We can look forward to a complete unwinding of the squad and the need to totally rebuild unless we win the playoff lottery. That prospect looks increasingly remote.

My point was that we have quality in some positions but as the old war proverb goes "you are only as strong as your weakest point"

Imagine mike Tyson but with a hole in his chest right to his heart. He would batter the crap out of me but all I would need to do is touch that spot and he''d be down.

the long ride is much longer than some people thinkthis club is like watching a slow motion car crash on repeat we never speculate when we are up and when we are down we repeat the same rubbish over and over we wont see premier league football again for probably 7 or 8 seasons

The long run has lots of ups and downs in it. It''s been the same in my time supporting Ncfc. Top two has been a distant dream for the last 2 months. Play offs are a hope and a realistic hope. After today, even that seems to be fading. There are 6 or even 7 better teams ( Including a disciplined Wolves). We are not promotion material. Not time to throw in the towel but perhaps the players know it inside. That is why we hear those pathetic pre match comments. They know they are not good enough and they try and tell themselves they are.

Personally I still feel we''ve got more than enough to win this league and am looking forward to the fight. I can still see us grabbing either one of the top two places.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Personally I still feel we''ve got more than enough to win this league and am looking forward to the fight. I can still see us grabbing either one of the top two places.[/quote] its incredibly lopsided though. We constantly shoot ourselves in the foot with silly errors and for that reason I''m out. Playoffs our best hope unless some magic is brought in to reignite us. Might only take 2 players to sort our problems but finding them is a tough job.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Personally I still feel we''ve got more than enough to win this league and am looking forward to the fight. I can still see us grabbing either one of the top two places.[/quote]

miggins i admire your blind and slightly retarded optimism but did have you even watched us defend ? ive never seen a team look as solid going forward and yet so flimsy and pathetic in defending as we did today. teams normally get broken down or pressured into mistakes, we basically parted like the red sea face by moses or katie price spreading after dwight yorke bought her a shot a tequila and they went straight through us