Sign in to follow this  
deltic31

We are going nowhere

I love the fairytale story some idiots have created aroubd Southampton as well.

They had tens of millions of pounds behind them, they are not the rocky balboa rags to riches club you have in your mind.

Swansea were fortunate as well. How much cash did they get for Rodgers and joe Allen? All we got when Lambert left was sued!

Saturdays game will tell us much about our prospects for the rest of the season.

With Howson back we should expect an attacking formation. Anything less than a convincing win will be unacceptable against a basement club!!

[quote user="deltic31"]Saturdays game will tell us much about our prospects for the rest of the season.

With Howson back we should expect an attacking formation. Anything less than a convincing win will be unacceptable against a basement club!![/quote]
What will you do about it if we don''t win convincingly?

[quote user="deltic31"]Anything less than a convincing win will be unacceptable against a basement club!![/quote]

What will be unacceptable is if the players don''t try.   If they try hard and give of their best and lose, that is just football, not unacceptable. "Unacceptable"  is fans that think they have a right to see wins.

[quote user="ellis206"] When Southampton got promoted, they had a strikeforce which consisted of 3 players (Ramirez, Osvaldo & Rodriguez) who they had signed that summer which totalled roughly around £37m pound. Not really a fair comparison is it.

Swansea are the exception to the rule, they have done incredibly well and fair play to them. [/quote]

Agreed Swansea are to be admired, but they are no more a fair comparison for us than Southampton. People seem to forget how long the Swans took building to where they are now. Their rise started in League 2 in 2004 under Kenny Jackett, who was followed by Martinez, Sousa, Rogers etc. By the time they got into the PL, all the necessary foundations had been laid for survival at that level. We in contrast arrived in the PL without laying any foundations and still saddled with £29M debt which we were committed to paying off at the end of our second year in the top flight.

[quote user="westcoastcanary"]Sorry about the typo: should read £20M debt which had to be paid off.[/quote]
Ooooh; don''t mention the debt. Apparently we could  ''simply'' have cancelled the agreement and restructured it elsewhere(!)

[quote user="Chip20"] Ooooh; don''t mention the debt. Apparently we could  ''simply'' have cancelled the agreement and restructured it elsewhere(!)[/quote]So THIS is where the Greeks got the idea from?

The fact that we "should" be above such teams as the vbinners,boro and brentford is that on paper we have a "far superior" squad. Of course the beauty of football is that it ain''t played on paper! Fair play to brentford, they have a very good management set up and a few handy players in there too! Begrudging respect to ol mccaarthy down the road too..... whilst the OP was a lil over the top I don''t imagine any fan can say that they have been satisfied with either the results or management of the past 18 months.

Of course the usual old fogies wil tell us about how dire we were in 1949 etc etc and that the current crop are a joy to watch week in week out

Well I don''t know about the usual old fogies but it''s always a joy to go to matches for me. It''s better when we win and in that respect I suppose this season should be better than the past 3. But of course we are in the Chumps. Is it better losing to Arsenal than Brentford? Not for me. But it''s better to be playing Arsenal than Brentford  for me. So pre game is always more exciting in the prem but post game is often less enjoyable. 

So what''s all this "we are going nowhere cr@p", it''s just over half way through the season and we are on the edge of the play offs, it''s all to look forward to, I really find some of the nonsense I see on this board amazing, good job I don''t visit too often.

A good win tomorrow and we can look forward to an exciting next few months.