Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Canary call......time to switch off?

I got news for you Nexus

pssssttt.....

***Gerry from Romania has done you***

[quote user="Eaton Canary"]

I have phoned up a couple of times this season after unnecessary defeats I am regularly applauded afterwards for my contribution by those who know me.

I find the level of debate and contribution as well as entertainment growing as the season is progressing. Just because someone has a differing opinion to you doesn''s make them an idiot.

Baaaa Baaa

[/quote]From reading internet messageboards I was under the impression that the definition of an idiot now was someone who had a differing opinion to you. On a serious note I don''t see anything wrong with Canary Call. It''s a harmless bit of local radio, and is very suited to Radio Norfolk.I suspect if you didn''t have it they would either have to go back to playing music for 20 minutes until they got their interviews from the players and manager or just have soundbites of them on the news later in the evening.There''s plenty of radio time available that I don''t feel it''s hindering any other broadcasts getting out there.

Always amazes me when people ring up and say a player had a good or bad game and when asked if they were at CR they say they listened on the radio. Beats me how they can tell from the commentary who played well, I always find it interesting to watch a player "without" the ball. Likewise watching a stream doesn''t give the whole picture of how the game is played.

[quote user="Holtcantshoot"]From reading internet messageboards I was under the impression that the definition of an idiot now was someone who had a differing opinion to you.

[/quote]That seems to about the size of it, HCS. Thankfully, there are only a small number of posters who have that attitude. But unfortunately they make a disproportionate amount of noise.I''m sure Brian from Bucharest (or whatever his name is) is an all round top guy, but he''s relevant to this thread precisely why......?I''m still not clear as to why all these people who dislike CC so much;a...listen to it b.... don''t take the advice of the OP and switch it off.Please advise.

Too many posters up their own a rse, Reggie. They diminish Canary Call because some of the callers don''t agree with their ''expert'' opinion.

CC should be treated for what it is - an opportunity for all City fans to have their say, whatever their view. It''s differing opinions that make football so interesting after all.

I''m sick of people saying I''m demeaning and diminishing Canary call

It''s easily the best comedic radio broadcast on air today and needs the proper respect it deserves!

Love it or hate it Canary Call is part of NCFC''s fans diet.

However, I don''t like the way that Butler asks fans to call in and then talks to them like s***.

Also, The Scrimmage on Thursday evenings is painful

The highlight of Canary Call for me used to be the comedy of Neil Adams emabarassing the stupid callers by highlighting the stupidity of their points. An added bonus was that Adams also provided a petty good insight to not only the game itself but the club too.

The problem with Butler is that he knows seemingly very little about football in general and seems to not only allow the stupid callers to run rampant, but also seems to upstage their stupidity more often than not.

He also thinks he is the sh*t, which makes the whole thing worse.

(In short I don''t like Butler)