Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Canary call......time to switch off?

[quote user="morty"]And I said I don''t tune in intentionally, but occasionally catch it "by accident"Jeez.[/quote]Yep. ''Course you do.Are there any other subjects that you have merely a slight passing knowledge of, and hold very strong entrenched views, Morts ?The crises in Syria/Ukraine ?How to cure ebola?Problems with NHS A+E departments ?

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="morty"]And I said I don''t tune in intentionally, but occasionally catch it "by accident"Jeez.[/quote]Yep. ''Course you do.Are there any other subjects that you have merely a slight passing knowledge of, and hold very strong entrenched views, Morts ?The crises in Syria/Ukraine ?How to cure ebola?Problems with NHS A+E departments ?

[/quote]Reggie, you''re boring the tits off me now.Go and find some traffic to play in.

[quote user="Eaton Canary"]I have phoned up a couple of times this season after unnecessary defeats...[/quote]Ah, but do you phone up after a necessary defeat? [^o)]

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="morty"]And I said I don''t tune in intentionally, but occasionally catch it "by accident"Jeez.[/quote]Yep. ''Course you do.Are there any other subjects that you have merely a slight passing knowledge of, and hold very strong entrenched views, Morts ?The crises in Syria/Ukraine ?How to cure ebola?Problems with NHS A+E departments ?[/quote]

Ask him about sausages.

This is all trivial anyway!! Can''t you see!!

We need to set up a search party for the "fans" that seemed to go missing from here saturday afternoon!

Someone needs to get onto radio Norfolk to help us find them.

[quote user="Buh"]Ummm I''d say I''m pretty bang on in my assessment of Canary call. Does butler bait the audience for reaction? Yes, and the more simple minded ones bite. But how can he compete with a show that once had someone call in to complain about a individual players performance (Andrew crofts) who it was revealed didn''t even play the game in question and the caller had fallen asleep in his shed during the commentary and STILL felt the need to ring in![/quote]

Haha I remember that one, but it was a lot worse than Crofts just not playing that day, he had been sold about 3 months earlier!!

Tbh I''d had rather listened to them talking about Bassong more than some of the idiots that called in and having to endure their negativity. Particular favourite was the chap who says it''s all well and good doing it against the lesser teams like Blackpool but why can''t we do it against the better teams in the league, a fair point apart from the fact we''ve got a great record against the top 6 and a rubbish record against the lesser teams!!!

If people can''t be positive after a 4-0 win regardless of who we play then they''ll never be positive, as simple as that.

The pompous tw*t Butler is the main reason I no longer listen to Canary Call. It has all gone to his head and he seems to think he is some sort of a celebrity.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="morty"]And I said I don''t tune in intentionally, but occasionally catch it "by accident"Jeez.[/quote]

Isn''t that what people say when they get '' outed '' watching soaps on TV ? ( lol )[/quote]You know exactly where I am right after games, and it isn''t sat at home listening to Canary call [;)]

What would change to the programme if Butler left and someone else filled his role? Not Very much i imagine! Paxman is winding down his career, perhaps he would like something to fill his Saturday afternoon''s with. If you listen and you don''t like what you hear, perhaps you could call in and have a turn!

Radio Norfolk is no worse than all the others. They''re platforms for all sorts of folk and are only as good as the people who ring in. It''s funny how the people who moan about it never seem to phone in themselves. Perhaps they know that they''d be no better than those that do.

I don''t think Rob Butler''s that bad. Yes, he''s opinionated but I''d far rather that than having to listen to fence-sitters like Adrian Forbes who are so bland you wonder why they bother having him on at all. That said with their reliance on co-operation from NCFC they do have to operate with one hand tied behind their backs which isn''t the case with national phone-ins like 606.

It''s not entirely Radio Norfolk''s fault how each programme pans out. The person who answers the phone in the studio always asks what points you want to discuss on air. Short of cutting off the caller there''s not a lot they can do if someone goes off on one about something completely different.

Not all the ranters are imbeciles of course. Who can forget Shaun''s ( Big Feller ) recent fantastic broadside which had Butler & Co reeling.

Great radio..

[quote user="morty"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="morty"]And I said I don''t tune in intentionally, but occasionally catch it "by accident"Jeez.[/quote]

Isn''t that what people say when they get '' outed '' watching soaps on TV ? ( lol )[/quote]You know exactly where I am right after games, and it isn''t sat at home listening to Canary call [;)][/quote]

So it''s just the soaps then ? ( wink )

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="morty"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="morty"]And I said I don''t tune in intentionally, but occasionally catch it "by accident"Jeez.[/quote]

Isn''t that what people say when they get '' outed '' watching soaps on TV ? ( lol )[/quote]You know exactly where I am right after games, and it isn''t sat at home listening to Canary call [;)][/quote]

So it''s just the soaps then ? ( wink )[/quote]Damn you[:(][:P]

[quote user="ellis206"]

[quote user="Buh"]Ummm I''d say I''m pretty bang on in my assessment of Canary call. Does butler bait the audience for reaction? Yes, and the more simple minded ones bite. But how can he compete with a show that once had someone call in to complain about a individual players performance (Andrew crofts) who it was revealed didn''t even play the game in question and the caller had fallen asleep in his shed during the commentary and STILL felt the need to ring in![/quote]

Haha I remember that one, but it was a lot worse than Crofts just not playing that day, he had been sold about 3 months earlier!!

Tbh I''d had rather listened to them talking about Bassong more than some of the idiots that called in and having to endure their negativity. Particular favourite was the chap who says it''s all well and good doing it against the lesser teams like Blackpool but why can''t we do it against the better teams in the league, a fair point apart from the fact we''ve got a great record against the top 6 and a rubbish record against the lesser teams!!!

If people can''t be positive after a 4-0 win regardless of who we play then they''ll never be positive, as simple as that.

[/quote]That was good, but my clear fav was the one who claimed we''d be scoring more goals had we kept Van Wolfswinkle - "the best header of the ball we''ve ever seen at Norwich".It was so good, I almost thought it was satire.

[quote user="Buh"]This is all trivial anyway!! Can''t you see!!

We need to set up a search party for the "fans" that seemed to go missing from here saturday afternoon!

Someone needs to get onto radio Norfolk to help us find them.[/quote]

Missing from here on Saturday afternoon , Buh.? Now let me see.....is there the slightest possibility that they might just be at Carrow Rd, or wherever the Canaries are playing then, supporting the team ?Just a thought, like........

Missing on here FROM Saturday afternoon

Still MIA!

Almost as if Norwich winning wasn''t what they wanted.

Nothing like setting a victory fire to smoke away the insects

[quote user="hogesar"]I quite like Butler.
And to answer your question Buh, callers were kicking off at Butler and Forbes for being happy and optimistic after a 4-0 win. Apparently, according to lots of fans, you''re not allowed to, because it''s only the next game that counts, or something like that.
[/quote]I think the problem was the fact that Butler and Forbes over hyped the game as if we had hit some kind of Barcelona beating form.The callers are an embarasment, but Butler and Forbes are bloody terrible.

Butler clearly has his eye on a career at Talksport at some point, and is honing his razor-sharp wit and interview techniques ready for his big money move.
Which would be good for me, because I would rather iron my own face than listen to Talksport.

Butler is absolutely horrendous to listen to

Forbes is by far the worst co commentator

Putting them together not good at all.

Seriously I can''t listen to Canary calk anymore

I can''t stand listening to butler. Although it sounds

as if that''s not necessarily such a bad thing

Met a top guy after the game, Gerry from Romania. And he has a brilliant word he uses to describe some of these fans who seem a bit upset that we won. He calls them Yebuts....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Met a top guy after the game, Gerry from Romania. And he has a brilliant word he uses to describe some of these fans who seem a bit upset that we won. He calls them Yebuts....

[/quote]

He''s a great guy, met up with him before the game with a few others, he had some great stories about the good ole days. Said he wanted to meet you and Lapps from  here which is why I popped in there with him after the game.

Think he needs to join the pups [;)]