Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Mcgeehan Saying his goodbyes

I have a feeling with age and a bit more experience cam will be a quality player, maybe not top level PL! But a decent championship midfielder or lower PL.

The problem is if he''s not prepared to sit in our reserves and continue being loaned out for the next 2 or 3 years, now he''s out of contract you can''t blame him for wanting to go somewhere he will be a certain starter and get the games he needs to develop.

I''m sad to see him go, looked like a real star of the future to me, but it''s his career.

It brings back the status of a Grade One Academy, costing us up to 2 million a season, being a BIG mistake, when our youth cup winning team seems to be earning us next to nothing towards the club !

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]It brings back the status of a Grade One Academy, costing us up to 2 million a season, being a BIG mistake, when our youth cup winning team seems to be earning us next to nothing towards the club ![/quote]Bit of patience maybe?The FA cup winning team isn''t quite on the scrapheap yet.

Toffolo and McGeehan contracts up in summer presumably most of FA Youth Cup winning squad also out of contract 2 years after win. Exception being Josh given 3 year contract maybe his brother too. If City offer new contracts to U21''s they will bite their hand off, it will be down to Alex Neil who stays and who goes.

There may be all sorts of ''ifs and buts'' surrounding the loan but I have a feeling it;s job done. I for one am sorry to see him go (can a FA Youth Cup winning captain be a club legend for that alone?).

A fiesty player (this may be brought under control with maturity) who will pick up yellows and the odd red, as we saw at Cambridge, but here was a young man playing 2 matches against Man Utd and certainly holding his own.

Yes the competition wouild have been tough here but at some stage we need to either bring some of the boys through, or keep spending!